Snarky Brides

Not a traditional bride

2»

Re: Not a traditional bride

• Well, this was a great read.

• This was her reply to the first post in R&G:

Wow, thanks for the awful advise.  It's obvious that YOU yourself have never been to a wedding before and seen that little insert in the invitiaion that so politely points out where the couple is regsiterd.  Also, it is obvious that as a bride you have yet be asked that question, "where are you registered" 

It is not tacky to ask for money from those who want to give it.  We are not requiring gifts of any kind, but there are those who do want to give something and my fiance and I would just rather not recieve something we already have. 

Insert ::gigglesnort:: here
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hmmm.  Interesting blog you have there, OP.  And a great FB pic.  You should joint Fishy at the bar.
  • Lovely, Tide. I love how she is polling all the boards with different versions of the same question. However, this post is just weird. If non-traditional = tacky and rude, then I hope to be the most prim and proper bride ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • And I'm glad I wore my pearls. I might have to go put them on to clutch.

Her ORIGINAL post said she wanted the cash to help pay for the parties, wedding, and honeymoon. Thank God Tide quoted her before she went back and edited the wording of her original post.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • You peeps need to be faster on the quote button.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_not-traditional-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3477ff7c-f13a-46be-9f67-4af1e07afd14Post:cd75da6f-9393-45b2-bdb6-8ae6cc4d5537">Not a traditional bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got Married and Vegas, just my mom was there as a witness.  We are taking a honeymoon in Hawaii and we get back, <strong>we are throwing a huge party in 2 states for all our friends and family to celebrate.</strong>  I had the best wedding and am having the best time planning for the honeymoon, and receptions.  We are doing everything extremely non-traditional and I couldn't be happier or mroe excited.  So all you nay-sayers out there who say you have to do everything by the book.  Remember, this is YOUR wedding, YOUR party.  So have fun and do what you want!
    Posted by lexikate81[/QUOTE]

Does this mean one part in 2 states at the same time?  Like a big shindig on the border of Nevada and Utah?  If she wanted to be truly non-traditional, she would have had her party at the Four Corners.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_not-traditional-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3477ff7c-f13a-46be-9f67-4af1e07afd14Post:7420a516-5903-46f7-ab89-c70e66922fc9">Re: Not a traditional bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I'm glad I wore my pearls. I might have to go put them on to clutch. Her ORIGINAL post said she wanted the cash to help pay for the parties, wedding, and honeymoon. Thank God Tide <span style="font-weight:bold;">quoted her before she went back and edited the wording of her original post.</span>
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Seriously I was getting confused.

BTW Tide-I'm finally at home and I can look at posts with the signatures and your daughter is adorable.
  • Awww.  Thank you MrsCarter :)  I have more pics in my bio (linky above the pic), but they're a little old now.  I should probably update that at some point.
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_not-traditional-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3477ff7c-f13a-46be-9f67-4af1e07afd14Post:8bc4e6f7-9851-40a0-83a6-c6692bf0ed4c">Re: Not a traditional bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a traditional bride : actually, this part is her edit. The original post, that Tide quoted, said she wanted to know how to ask for cash on teh invitation. <strong>So either she is a troll or a liar.</strong> Either she is already married or is having a DW. IMO, she's 15 and getting married without her dad's permission, hence only her mother's presence at her elopement. They need cash to put gas in the getaway car.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Scary enough--she is neither.  She has a blog that talks very openly about her failed business attemp, Make-up, and her new business attempt, yarn.  She also gloats about the fact  that she got married and is, in fact, going to Hawaii to "do it right with flowers and a big dress. "  So, obviously everybody knows about it because it is front and center news on her blog.  It is amazing what people post about themselves on the internet and how many times they use the same user name.

So, she is obviously bucking for attention or a reaction since she isn't selling anything.  That was also in her blog.

OP, you are deranged.  Lithium can't even help you.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_not-traditional-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3477ff7c-f13a-46be-9f67-4af1e07afd14Post:098d9d90-ae7f-4871-a7e2-fbfe2924d890">Re: Not a traditional bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a traditional bride : Scary enough--she is neither.  She has a blog that talks very openly about her failed business attemp, Make-up, and <strong>her new business attempt, yarn</strong>.  She also gloats about the fact  that she got married and is, in fact, going to Hawaii to "do it right with flowers and a big dress. "  So, obviously everybody knows about it because it is front and center news on her blog.  It is amazing what people post about themselves on the internet and how many times they use the same user name. So, she is obviously bucking for attention or a reaction since she isn't selling anything.  That was also in her blog. OP, you are deranged.  Lithium can't even help you.
    Posted by vsgal[/QUOTE]
    Oh, Jesus. Yarn is probably one of the least profitable markets in the craft world. I work in this industry, I know. Should have stuck with the make up stuff. More women use make up than yarn, fo sho.
  • So she is already married but is having a "DW" in Hawaii? I wonder who she is inviting this time for the do-over. How many weddings does she want? Seriously.
  • She posted this gem on weddingwire in November:
    My Fiance and I just want to get married in Hawaii, just the 2 of us. A simple wedding on the beach followed by a honeymoon in Paradise.  After the wedding we are planning on having a big reception for all our friends and family to celebrate.  We will even show a video of the wedding and wear our wedding attire so it seems more real.  His family is cool with the idea and everyone I talk to seems fine with it also, including my family. Except for my Mother.  Everytime I talk to her she is constantly WHINING on why she doesn't get to go, and why I don't love her (I do).  Granted I am her only child, but this is MY wedding.  Why do I have to go through so much stress for such a simple wedding.  I also know, that if we just up and go, I will get nothing but guilt and tears from my mother as soon as I get back. 

I have talked about this with my Fiance but to make matters worse, he is adament about no parents at the wedding. Both our mothers are the same and we know, they will try to include themselves in our honeymoon my taging along to every cruise, hike and trip to the beach.  So it really seams like the only middle ground is the reception when we get home.

What do I tell my Mom to make her accept and support my wedding decision and just be happy for me?

I guess she gave in and let her mom come to Vegas. I guess FI's mom doesnt get to see any of it. This chick is in another universe, that she is convinced revolves around her.

At least we know the crazy is real now.
  • Depends on how much cash she pulls in at this, erm, wedding, Mar.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Very true, Missy. I'm guessing, based on the invitation poem, she'll bring in around $100, so enough to buy 2 skeins of really high end yarn. Sounds like a good start.
  • So she eloped in Vegas, and is now going to have a DW in Hawaii and then an AHR? Oh. And she's real? Oh. Okay then.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_not-traditional-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3477ff7c-f13a-46be-9f67-4af1e07afd14Post:1bf0fbe9-0b38-4974-88de-77cfd7b6ec95">Re: Not a traditional bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]and den?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

HA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_not-traditional-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3477ff7c-f13a-46be-9f67-4af1e07afd14Post:1bf0fbe9-0b38-4974-88de-77cfd7b6ec95">Re: Not a traditional bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]and den?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

No and den!
    No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • so non-traditional my ass! having a party after your honeymoon is so backwards!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    I guess you could say having three weddings is nontraditional...
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Want a cookie?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I'm not even sure you could call it an elopement, if she lives in Las Vegas. Her blog, which others have pointed out, repeatedly call him her husband, and apparently, she was married sometime before January 20th of this year. At the courthouse, because he was in the Navy and going to MS for 9 months (oh noes, the horror!).

• I feel sorry for the groom. 

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • OP--it's not that you're not a "traditional" bride. 

You're: a) not a bride at all if you're already married
                 b) not a "classy" bride

Have a peachy time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards