Michigan-Grand Rapids

SIL Quesiton

Hey ladies!  

I'm originally from MI (Detroit) so this board is special to me.  I also used to work in West Michigan.  

I have a question for you.  My SIL just got engaged and is eyeing 9-10-11 for her date.  Is that going to be tough?  I know it's a popular date here in the Midwest. 

Thanks!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: SIL Quesiton

• beccaroomubeccaroomu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's popular, but it all depends on what your SIL is looking to do for her wedding. Having it at a public place, like a beach, or in a tent in someone's yard or an outdoor space would likely be a lot easier than a hotel. All I can recommend is to begin making calls, fast! And, be open minded about picking venues that may be 3 or 4 down the list... just focus on what's important. If it's the date, great. But, if experiencing too much difficulty trying to make this work and making too many sacrifices, then look at other dates. Feeling happy about/at the wedding and the marriage are really what should matter :)
    Happily married in South Haven, MI on June 4, 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  She's looking to have in in Kalamazoo, with an outdoor ceremony indoor reception.  I'll have my fingers crossed! :)

Again, thank you for your advice.

Cheers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BWPLaurenBWPLauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she has any choice in the matter she should choose different date. We booked that date quite a while ago. It has been the most asked for date this season for sure! She'll have much more choice in vendors if she chooses another day- ANY other day.

Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    Double thanks!

That's kind of what I thought.  The only good thing is that she wants to invite only about 50 people, but we all know what happens when you start making that guest list--easier said than done.

We'll see...

Thank you everyone!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards