Missouri-St Louis

Foundry Art Center / River City Catering

Hey ladies!!!  So, I've recently been very interested in the foundry art center and river city catering, but haven't found time to call / visit each! 

Has anyone checked out these two vendors?  I'm very interested in the Foundry's children's gallery and the ameristar gallery!  I'm curious as to whether or not a dance area could fit with a seated reception.

Any thoughts (good and bad) would be greatly appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 99 Invited!
image 45 Are Psyched!
image 5 Are L0$3RZ
image 49 Are MIA!

Re: Foundry Art Center / River City Catering

• sarahlyn26sarahlyn26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at FAC but I am not sure if I am going to with River City Catering or not.  It is a great space.  They have pictures online, you have to get over to see it esp right now.  Main Street St. Charles is decorated beautifully during Christmas.  One of the reasons we are having a winter wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Which room are you booked for? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • SuttonStealerSuttonStealer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to the Foundry many times and really I think the only room that would be appropriate for a wedding reception would be the Grand Hall.  The other rooms have support beams and walls that would really make it awkward.
  • BoaTineBoaTine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding reception on Friday, 10/2/09 at the Foundry Art Centre.  It was absolutely beautiful in the Grand Hall.  We used a different caterer, but I want to stress that the Foundry books up quickly!  I'd urge you to call right away.

Here is a slideshow of some of our photos.  Towards the end you can see pictures at the FAC.

http://metropictureco.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?s=0&username=metropictureco&a_id=4388578&s_id=4802439
  • edited December 2011
    BoaTine, where on earth did you get your dress???  It's phenomenal!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our wedding on Oct. 9 at the Foundry. We booked a year in advance and all they had left were a few Friday dates, so if you want the Foundry book them quickly. They said most people book 18-24 months in advance. We used River City catering and loved it. It was a buffet- chicken, pork, green beans, potatoes, pasta con broccoli and a salad. Friends and co-workers still compliment me on the food. Also, the liquor at the bar was all name brand. It was fantastic plus George provides cake cutting, table linens, flatware, plates and glasses. Other caterers usually charge extra for those things, or you end up eating off of paper plates.  We did have to provide plates and forks for our cake. We were really happy with the Foundry. We did not pay extra for the extra smaller gallery rooms. From what I recall, you get the big open space but the smaller rooms are an additional charge. Good luck with your wedding planning!
  • BoaTineBoaTine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I found my dress at Clarice's Bridal.  It's a Mori Lee and it was super comfortable too!
  • edited December 2011
    BoaTine, I love your hair... who did it for you?  Do you have a photo I can show my stylist (the pix on your link can't be copied)?  If you have a photo, please e-mail me: jeslyn7979@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    BoaTine, I love your hair... who did it for you?  Do you have a photo I can show my stylist (the pix on your link can't be copied)?  If you have a photo, please e-mail me: jeslyn7979@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • BoaTineBoaTine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I was very happy with my hair and how all of my bridesmaids' hair turned out too.  We went to Snip, Snip, which is a salon off of Olive Blvd, close to Hwy 270.  A lady by the name of Sharon did my hair.  I emailed you photos this afternoon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards