New Jersey

Cheap but nice Reception Venues?

Hi! I am on a budget but would really like to have my wedding reception at a nice place....any suggestions for cheap but nice reception venues for North Jersey?  Thanks!!!!!

Re: Cheap but nice Reception Venues?

• edited December 2011

I don't know about how the food tastes, but I visited the Royal Manor in Garfield and it looks like they offer you a lot for your $$. On a Friday night in July, I was quoted $79 pp without tax and gratuity. Extras like Dessert hour and/or candy stations were between $10-15 pp...the norm.

Good Luck! Not sure when you want to get married and what your budget is, but I also visited the Highlawn Pavillion. The price pp was a bit more than the Royal Manor, but it was still around $85 pp.

I don't know about other places - but there are lots of places in the area that will cater to your budget. I have heard that the Crowne Plaza doesn't quote a price her head. You simply tell them your budget and they tell you what they can offer you.

• sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridgwater Manor in Bridgewater?
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should consider all the places you like and dont rule anything out. Talk to each caters to see what you can do to make it more budget friendly. For example, day is cheaper then night, certian days of the week or certain months of the year are cheaper then others. You can also consider subing differant foods to make it budget friendly. My budget is similier to yours and I am getting married at the Manor in West Orange BUT its on a Sunday in November. You just have to pick your own battles. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

The Graycliff in Moonachie gives you a lot for your $$. They are willing to work with you.

• edited December 2011
    The Graycliff, for sure, is budget friendly.
    The Tides- my friend paid I think $85pp on a Friday night in Oct. for the smaller room.
    The Empire Club
    Ravello

The Elan in Lodi.  My friend just moved up her wedding from Sept to July and I think she is booking this place.  We didn't discuss specifics but she said she was saving a few thousand and it will be on a Sat. night, instead of Friday.  Again, I don't know the specifics but it's worth a shot.  http://www.theelan.com/index.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you have a pm
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, how much are you looking to spend per person, inclusive of tax and gratuity?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cheap-but-nice-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7e80d8-f6f2-44d1-8e78-63c6113fbd0bPost:86dfb0be-7ae6-4113-a9c4-af96a9addaf0">Re: Cheap but nice Reception Venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP, how much are you looking to spend per person, inclusive of tax and gratuity?
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]
    Ditto. We all have a different idea of what is "cheap".
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of your feedback! Well, ideally I would like to spend around $65-75 per person...
  • edited December 2011
    Ideally, cheaper that even 65 would be better but I realize it's an expensive area...
  • edited December 2011
    I prefer the term "inexpensive" to cheap  :)

Check out the hanover manor and ravello's in east hanover
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bridgewater Manor or Costa Del Sol.

• edited December 2011

Time of the year matters also.  If you are willing for Dec-March, Bridgewater Manor offers 65pp for sat night

How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cheap-but-nice-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7e80d8-f6f2-44d1-8e78-63c6113fbd0bPost:f955f06f-d88a-4451-918a-072b44e0226d">Re: Cheap but nice Reception Venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I prefer the term "inexpensive" to cheap  :) Check out the hanover manor and ravello's in east hanover
    Posted by USER876[/QUOTE]

<div>Ravello's is not that inexpensive.  We are paying over $100 pp for a Friday night in November and that was 2010 pricing.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2011
    The Landmark and Fiesta are within that range.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cheap-but-nice-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7e80d8-f6f2-44d1-8e78-63c6113fbd0bPost:afb995a1-f495-4b29-9808-266e91cd6207">Re: Cheap but nice Reception Venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Landmark and Fiesta are within that range.
    Posted by mcjays[/QUOTE]

This is what I was going to say.  I went to a bridal show at the Landmark and they were offering a $65 pp special. You should ask if they'll honor it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think TheBethwood was also offering something in the $65-$75/pp range recently, as well.  There are def options!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La Affaire is $65 pp and the food is really good
    Kenilworth Inn is less than that...
    Bretton Woods Mansion was $85pp
    Gran Centurians
    The Westwood was $65
    Galloping Hill Inn
    and Panatagis in Scotch Plains.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_cheap-but-nice-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7e80d8-f6f2-44d1-8e78-63c6113fbd0bPost:ed9f38ea-61dc-4c26-bbbe-091e0df673c8">Re: Cheap but nice Reception Venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]La Affaire is $65 pp and the food is really good Kenilworth Inn is less than that... Bretton Woods Mansion was $85pp Gran Centurians The Westwood was $65 Galloping Hill Inn and Panatagis in Scotch Plains.
    Posted by Reilly626[/QUOTE]
    The food at La Affaire is not good, and neither is the Westwood or Pantagis. I'd stay away from all 3 of those.
  • edited December 2011
    La Affaire, the guy never showed up tp show us around!
    Pantagis is that price with one meat choice and no alcohol
    Kenilworth is in that range with food and alcohol

goodluck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wendyo112wendyo112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gran Centurion in Clark, NJ.  Very affordable and good food
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards