Texas-San Antonio

Wedding Reception Halls downtown

Hello ladies,
I'll be getting married in October 2010, and was wondering if you all have any suggestions on affordable downtown reception sites.  Thanks in advance

-Jess

Re: Wedding Reception Halls downtown

• edited December 2011
    Well it kind of depends on what you think is affordable. When I was looking I found many places that charged a rental fee plus you had to book a caterer and it ended up adding up pretty quickly. We ended up going with a hotel because a lot of stuff was included. But is wasn't cheap either. Downtown tends to be a little pricier than the rest of town. We had our reception at the Sheraton Gunter.
  • edited December 2011
    Jess, it really depends on your definition of affordable and how many guests you are planning to have.  I'm getting married in Oct. also and having the reception at the International Center.  I found out about it here on theknot and loved the space when I saw it.  The only thing is that it's city owned so you have to use one of their preferred caterers for food and alochol and there are city taxes you have to pay to your caterer on both (I think 15% on food and 25% on alcohol but I can't remember).  If you are having less guests than that, Boudro's has some amazing spaces (we looked at for rehearsal dinner) across the street from their Riverwalk restaurant.  I met with Aimee there and she was great to work with. 

Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Messyjessy25Messyjessy25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help ladies. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Jess.
    I'm getting married in October 2010 also.

I've looked at a few downtown hotels and since it is the riverwalk-most of them are pricey.

I'm getting married at Crowne Plaza Riverwalk- it was more within my budget.
    I also looked at Holiday Inn on the Riverwalk and The Tropicana Hotel at the Riverwalk- you might want to look into those.  They were the lesser of hotels like The Contessa, and The Valencia.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Slharbi94, we're looking at the Sheraton, as well.  If you're comfortable sharing the cost, could you give me an approximate price per guest?  I'm from MD and am not sure about average prices in San Antonio.  If you don't want to give out prices, no worries :)  Also, how were the wedding coordinators at the Sheraton?  Were they easy to work with?  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards