New York-Long Island

Florists in Long Island/Queens

I am currently researching florists for my wedding later this year and am looking for suggestions about who to contact.  I'd especially like to hear from recent brides about their experiences and those getting married soon so I can hear about how your experience was/has been with a florist.  I have a conservative budget and will be having a wedding in Fall of 2013 of about 120-150 people.  I'm planning on using seasonal blooms to also keep the cost low.  I have heard several recommendations for Flowers by Burton, Flowers by Topaz, Masters&Co, Designs by Rose, and Colonial Flower Shop (Bellemore).  So if you have comments on these inparticular that would be great.

I, of course, have gotten the info for places like Pedestals and Flowers by Brian, but my initial research and impression is that these places are wedding factories who charge an average of 8K for flowers and don't have the most impressive customer service to back that up.  Anybody out there that can tell me that's not true and that I should check them out?

My flower budget is no higher than 2500.  I am not planning on floral centerpieces and my venue is providing ceremony flowers.

Thanks to all for the comments and info!  Congrats to all the brides-to-be out there!  Laughing

Re: Florists in Long Island/Queens

• All of the flowers for our home and workplace are done by Lake Grove Florist and they just won the Best of Long Island (first place). I have also seen their work at several weddings. If I were you, I would contact Amanda. She is great.
  • If your budget is no more than 2500 then definitely check into Burtons!  My sister used them for her wedding 3 years ago and the flowers were GORGEOUS!  I will be going there when I am up to that step in my preparations! HTH!
  • Try In Full Bloom in Farmingdale. Great place and beautiful flowers. I chose them for my wedding. My budget's around yours too and they accomodated me. Got everything I wanted. The workers are great. They help you every step of the way.
  • Thanks for the info ladies! And thank you larancio for the info on Full Bloom.  Especially since your budget was similar to mine.  I will certainly check them out.
  • I'm using distinctive florists and I'm paying $2000 for my bouquet, 5bm bouquets, 8 bouts, 3 corsages, flower girl petals, 16 centerpieces, cake table decorations and head table centerpice. Besides floral centerpices there will be votives on every table. I also got a quote from flowers by brian and they were amazing and around $2300. Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://longisland.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_florists-in-long-islandqueens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:f8896598-33c8-4064-bbc4-13e708c1d480Post:637bba97-7683-4036-bbd1-32563f852c5d">Re: Florists in Long Island/Queens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info ladies! And thank you larancio for the info on Full Bloom.  Especially since your budget was similar to mine.  I will certainly check them out.
    Posted by PatriceC59[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_florists-in-long-islandqueens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:f8896598-33c8-4064-bbc4-13e708c1d480Post:55496036-d728-4225-ad5b-b285f9e3de59">Re: Florists in Long Island/Queens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using distinctive florists and I'm paying $2000 for my bouquet, 5bm bouquets, 8 bouts, 3 corsages, flower girl petals, 16 centerpieces, cake table decorations and head table centerpice. Besides floral centerpices there will be votives on every table. I also got a quote from flowers by brian and they were amazing and around $2300. Good luck! In Response to Re: Florists in Long Island/Queens :
    Posted by mben9[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Where is distinctive located?  Sounds like something that might be worth checking out!  Is there somebody specific that you dealt with there?</div>
  • edited February 2013
    I am getting married on February 16th 2014,

I need:

1 Bridal Bouquet
     1 Toss bouquet
    8 bridesmaids bouquets
    22 low centerpieces
    2 corsages for each mother.
    Flowers for cake

I live in Manhattan, my Church is in Brooklyn (where the ceremony will be, we are not doing ceremony flowers) the venue is in Long Island. We don't want to spend alot on flowers were thinking 2G max, is this realistic? I am flexible on the flowers being used, and am open to branches or non floral centerpieces such as candles. I am having about 220 guests. My color scheme is pink and gold, and I love tulips and hydrangeas.  Any info would be super helpful. Preferably looking for an Long Island Florist!
  • South Garden City Flowers.  Diane.  email florwermom4@aol.com  It's a store in Garden City.

I am using her and I had a budget of 2,000 and she came in under it for all my centerpieces, church stuff bouquets, boutineres, etc... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards