Ohio-Columbus

Trumpington & Wendy's Reviews

Hello Knotties,
I just went dress shopping today. I went to Wendy's and Trumpington.  I did not purchase my gown today....my mom lives in Maryland, so it'll pretty much be impossible for me to make a decision without her. I wanted to give my experiences on how it went.

Trumpington (in Westerville). I found this yesterday randomly because I couldn't make an appointment at a good time at a couple other salons I wanted to try. It was fantastic!  The owner was there helping and offering insight. They allowed me to go through the racks on my own, so the consultant could get an idea of what I liked. They allowed me to pick as many dresses as I wanted. What's even more fun.......they allow you to take pictures!! My consultant was even taking the pictures for me. I also greatly adore the designers they had. They have Justin Alexander, who I thought was completely out of my price range, but isn't.  They would pull out various veil styles they liked with certain dresses, pull out different hair accessories that matched with the specific dress, etc. Anyways, I hope you ladies try out this gem of a salon.  It was a very personalized experience.

Wendys. Part of this review may be because I went on a Saturday afternoon. However, I did have an appointment. When we got there, they told us where to look for certain styles. My consultant was still with another bride, which I was not upset by on its own. I found some dresses, and finally began trying them on. On one of the dresses, it was a corset, she said something along the lines of, "If you don't like one of these lace up dresses, let me know, it takes a lot of time, and we don't want to waste your try on time with dresses you don't like since we are already a little late." Umm....we are a little late?!? You were, not me. Anyways, I also do not like that they don't know who the designers are, or at least claim the consultants claim they don't. I originally wanted to try a certain designer on, but I feel like if I asked about it, she would have been unable to tell me who it was. I mean, they cut out the designer labels, what is that?!? I thought that was stupid. I like to be able to see a trend in what designers I am constantly choosing. And, if I want to show a picture of the dress to my mother who is out of town, or if I want to look at it in a week to see if I still like it.  Just ridiculous in my opinion.

I just wanted to share my experiences. I know I like to hear other's experiences to help me determine where I want to check out.

Andria

Re: Trumpington & Wendy's Reviews

• mandriettimandrietti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Cincinnati and went shopping here in Reading Bridal District at Bridal and Formal, European Bridal and Cincinnati Bride.  All 3 of those store cut out the labels and are really sketchy about giving you any dress info.  European Bridal actually takes Allure dresses and changes it to another name and marks them up a ton.  I ended getting my dress at Wendy's here in Cincinnati because they were the most helpful and actually wanted to find me a dress.  I personally think all the stores are really shady and just want to keep the business in their store since they all carry the same dresses. 

My only piece of advice is that a bad salesperson can ruin a good store - I had a total idiot at B&F so that experience was ruined for me there.  If your mom comes, book appointments early to get in with better people and hopefully everything goes better!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_trumpington-wendys-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:bf6dfcc4-ee93-4c74-b999-2167b337786fPost:54837df0-e20b-484e-b6be-64c2c17d5744">Re: Trumpington & Wendy's Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in Cincinnati and went shopping here in Reading Bridal District at Bridal and Formal, European Bridal and Cincinnati Bride.  All 3 of those store cut out the labels and are really sketchy about giving you any dress info.  European Bridal actually takes Allure dresses and changes it to another name and marks them up a ton.  I ended getting my dress at Wendy's here in Cincinnati because they were the most helpful and actually wanted to find me a dress.  I personally think all the stores are really shady and just want to keep the business in their store since they all carry the same dresses.  My only piece of advice is that a bad salesperson can ruin a good store - I had a total idiot at B&F so that experience was ruined for me there.  If your mom comes, book appointments early to get in with better people and hopefully everything goes better!
    Posted by mandrietti[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">At Bridal and Formal, the dresses are sorted and labeled<em> </em>by designer.  I knew exactly who made each of the dresses I tried on.</div>
    </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I think it really depends on who is helping you. The girl helping me at Wendys in Columbus was more than helpful and patient! However.... my friends and I did see another consultant that seemed very rude to the girl she was helping.... :-(

• mandriettimandrietti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_trumpington-wendys-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:bf6dfcc4-ee93-4c74-b999-2167b337786fPost:b67d14b5-bc63-4ce8-ba73-e5c45d603ecf">Re: Trumpington & Wendy's Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trumpington & Wendy's Reviews : At Bridal and Formal, the dresses are sorted and labeled   by designer.  I knew exactly who made each of the dresses I tried on.
    Posted by TheBeckmeister[/QUOTE]

Right, but they still change the style numbers around to a different order from the actual so you can't always tell which exact dress it is later.  There was one dress I liked there and they told me they would save the dress info for me in their system...for a $25 fee which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  I just hate how shady the stores are about try to keep your business.
  • edited December 2011
    IMO, if they are going to be that shady, I'm not going to buy from them. I like places that are open and honest, and Wendy's was the first place that was like that. Maybe I've been fortunate in the places I've been to.
  • asmolakasmolak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Wendy's in Columbus.  They did not tell me the designer of my dress until I purchased. However, I knew the second I put on the dress that it was a Maggie. Maybe because I tried on (too) many, and could tell by the material and style. As for my consaultant...she was okay. Not too pushy. When I said no to something she backed off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards