California-San Diego

HELP I need a great alterations person/seamstress!!!

I just bought a gorgeous couture wedding dress that was a sample. It is 2 sizes too big and I need a really good seamstress in San Diego. Has anyone used someone really good??? My dress is all lace and I definitely need someone experienced!
Any suggestions would be great!

Re: HELP I need a great alterations person/seamstress!!!

• edited December 2011
    Rose Anderson is amazing!  And she's a really good price.  Here is her website:

~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I read great reviews of her on Yelp. I wanted to get a recommendation from the Knot too so that is great! I think I will try her. Did you have a difficult alteration? I'm concerned because my dress is 2 sizes too big and all lace so it is semi difficult and will take someone with lots of experience.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is quite simple (building a bustle and 3 inch hem), but she has many dresses that require a lot of work like reconstructing the entire top or bringing it in or out a few sizes.  She's very responsive to email, so I'd just write your requirements in an email.  
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Kiki from Kiki's Alterations. 

She took in my lace dress several sizes and did the bustle and did an awesome job.  FWIW, I bought my dress at M Bride in La Jolla and I understand that Kiki does the alterations for most (if not all) of the alterations purchased at that bridal salon.

(858) 456-7865

7742 Herschel Ave Ste AA
    La Jolla, CA 92037
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions those seem to be the two names popping up. Appreciate the recommendations!
  • edited December 2011
    Margarets Cleaners ask for Suzi
  • edited December 2011
    I second Rose Anderson, she did a great job on my dress too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards