September 2011 Weddings

Friday! Tell us something good.

Happy Friday (if it is your Friday), what's up ladies?

I'm feeling pretty positive today because I got myself back on the taking care of myself wagon. I was really bad starting with my S.F. trip. Plus, my Pilates trainer and my massage therapist both told me I had a nice butt yesterday :) However, I've been wanting beer every day after work because we finally have nice weather (but more snow this weekend), so that's not helping.

Re: Friday! Tell us something good.

• MRadsMRads
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Yay for a nice butt! Boo to snow. That's crazy you're still getting snow in June. H and I have been spending a lot of time with his parents recently but tonight were going to the arts festival and Pirates game with my family and I am sooooo excited!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Your plans sound fun! We were supposed to camp this weekend, but yeah, snow. The worst part is it will be snowy & crappy all weekend, and then in the 70's all next week while I'm working. Lame.
  • Bedroom suit was delivered this morning!  Fits perfectly in our room!  However, found a problem with the track for the one of the dresser drawers.  A guy from the furniture place is going to come over and look at it because neither me nor H can figure out how to fix it.  

Going to H's parents tonight and then to Asheville tomorrow for H's cousin's wedding. Excited about going back to Asheville!  Going to antique stores and to try and find some lamps.  Who knew lamps were so expensive?!

Dawn, I'm coming to Jackson Hole in a couple of weeks.  Get all that snow out now!
    Anniversary
  • edited June 2012
    Snow in June oh helllllls no - boo, hiss ;)

Hiya - today is my Friday and my last day at this job! Whoop!
    Tonight we are going out for drinks after work with some of my co-workers.  Tomorrow we have a wedding that should be interesting, but H and I are trying to look at it as a little date night and break from all the stress.
    Sunday and Monday H will be home and then hes leaving to go to his parents.
    Other than that my apt needs a good cleaning and I need to get aquainted with my kindle fire :)
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Callie- LOVE Asheville, we considered moving there years ago. Why are you coming to Jackson??? That's exciting!

Happy last day at work Missy!!!!!!!!!!!!! see ya beeyatches!!!! What's interesting about the wedding? We have a very interesting one in 2 weeks also, it could end up really cool or a fiasco.
  • Welp, I havent seen the groom (was my bf in college) in 5 years.  He might be considered my pimp since I had long-standing relations (not relationships) with a groomsmen and another guest and my ex-bf of a whopping 3 months (only important because H saw me handle that break-up terrribly) is friends with the bride and might be there.  And most of the ppl I will know I havent seen in 5+ years, just not exactly my scene at the moment.

All not a big deal...but I suggested we bow out, since you know, we're a little stressed and edgy.  H was like because you dont want to see anyone from your past?? No.  SO we are going and are going to just focus on each other and have a good night.
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm coming to the American Wilderness Leadership School.  They do workshops every summer for educators.  I'll be there at the end of June!  I'm pretty excited.  I love Asheville too.  I'm not sure I'd want to live there, but it's nice to visit every one in a while.

Good luck at your wedding tomorrow!  Ours won't be nearly as exciting, at least, that I know of.

Anniversary
  • I am hoping mine is not exciting and just plain old fun :)

Have fun at yours! And enjoy your upcoming trip :)

rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Going to my one of my bridesmaid's wedding tomorrow, very excited!  The first wedding since mine!  And, going to see a house afterwork tonight.  We have been looking since December, I thought no one is buying, but appraently not in NY!

• So I'm totally stressed out. Earlier this week I ranted about H new job, leaving old job, and not enough hours at new job. He called today and the guy was like, I'm sorry I lost hours with some of the contracts so I just dont have anything right now." awesome. I knew it. We submitted applications for federal prison, a juvenile detention counselor, TSA, a sheriff department, and FedEx. If something doesn't come soon Im going to freak. So I also thought now is not a good time to ttc, I was going to start a new pill pack Sunday so I tested just to be safe. It was positive! I'm holding my breath until further dr confirmation and H secures a g d job!!!
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Holy weddings, batman! Hope everyone has fun. Missy, just show everyone how happy you are (not how stressed out you are, lol) and have a good time!

Um, WHAT Nicole???? Sending job vibes for H.

Callie, that sounds like a cool trip! You probably won't end up with any unscheduled time, but if you do, let me know & I'll buy you a drink on my turf! Yeah, I spent a month in Asheville testing it out and decided I didn't want to live there either. It is a fun place to visit though.

• Yea. I'm at a loss for emotions. It doesn't seem real. H and I talked about child care and work situations. previously we worked out 2 different plans but I like the two income plan better, even of his was just part time. The prison just sent him a follow up email so fx that good news and this is just a super brief unemployment stint.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, good luck. I'm sure it's temporary - it's funny how changes in life can light a fire under one's butt. He'll come through.
  • For those going to weddings, have fun and drink up!!!!

Here's to Husbands getting better jobs!!!

I spent the day with my boys and now I'm enjoying a thunderstorm. Can't get any better than this, unless there was alcohol!  Oh wait, I have that!
    Anniversary
  • omg Nic!!! wowsa! Big news! I mean.. I know it's really early and whatever.. but wow!!!
    And yay for a follow up email. I'm sorry things have been so stressful on your end :/ 

Missy, yay for last day of work!! Hope it's a great one :) 

And yay for Dawn having a smoking booty :P 

Today.. I'm being a total bum. 
    Went to Step this morning but it's after 2pm and I'm still in my robe from showering.. lol

I'm working on a grocery shopping list.. and it's just.. hard. 
    I'm trying to keep whole grains to a minumum. And after extensive research, I feel guilty as hell for eating meat (not that I eat meat often.. I actually haven't had anything in about a month just because.. I'm lazy and it takes effort lol). 
    Not just for the hurting the animal aspect, but it hurts the world's food supply, and the environment over all. Awesome. 
    Even fish! The way we catch and/or farm fish is soooo bad for the environment.. uuuuughh.. This makes things so difficult.. 
    And I don't eat refined sugar (ie, I eat naturally ocurring sugar such as apples, but no white/brown stuff, etc) or grains (ie little to no bread in general)

I now understand why all vegans are so skinny.. It's so difficult to keep my calories up eating like this.. and stuff gets old, very quickly. lol
    I feel like I'm cutting out all bad stuff.. but.. that I've cut out TOO much. Now I don't know what to do..
    Anyone else have a similar daily diet? >__<

• Why are you cutting out whole grains? I've been a vegetarian for 22 years and was only vegan for one of those. I didn't feel like I was starving, because my boyfriend at the time was a killer cook & he was vegan. But I did get tired of food. Given my previous history of anorexia, it didn't help. I ended up just not feeling like eating. I decided life is too short to not enjoy your food. I never enjoyed meat, so that's not a problem, but cheese & chocolate-yum.
  • Yeah I won't give up cheese and milk.. I see no issue with it since it doesn't hurt the animal, and if everyone DIDN'T eat meat, we wouldn't need a ridiculous amount of cows to produce enough milk for those things. 

I'm not giving up whole grains, I just don't eat refined grains as is (ie, white flour) and limit my whole grains. 
    I just don't like buying processed stuff at the store.. and have you read the labels of even whole grain bread? not pretty. And I have yet to master whole grain bread making without a bread machine. 
    I eat grapenuts.. and *occassionally* eat whole wheat pasta.. and eat whole grain pizza crusts because I effing love pizza and will never give it up!!! :P
    but.. idk.. i feel guilty putting a tortilla into my body when I could be eating better-for-me calories. 
    I'm not where I want to be bod-wise, and I can feel the difference between eating a lot of grains and not. big big difference. 
  • They do have whole grain tortillas now. I actually love the little corn ones-I get them fresh from a tortilleria here, put brie on them & arugula from my garden & call it lunch. Not to be a downer, but dairy farms are not pretty places either. I'm sure where you live though you can find plenty of locally sourced dairy that you may have a chance of knowing what goes on there. I used to be a lot more ethical than I am now. I feel bad about it, but I would drive myself crazy trying to be a perfectly perfect human being. I'm not where I want to be bod-wise either, but damn does that beer call my name at 5:00!
  • edited June 2012
    yeah, we have amazing dairy farms here. 
    I have done the tour of the one our local (mostly organic) grocery store buys from. They treat their animals AMAZINGLY well. Even their chickens. 
    I think you are on my Pinterest, right? 
    A few weeks back I posted links to a site that you can type in what you're looking for or where you live and it'll tell you brand names and stores/restaurants with the stamp of approval for ACTUAL and TRUE free range, well-treated, vegetarian fed stocks. 
    It's an awesome site. 

It's amazing how many people read "organic" "grass fed" and "free range" and think it counts for anything. It doesn't. Those terms are total jokes. even Gov't certified free range is 100% a complete joke. 

Hell, Kashi uses GMO products in their foods!! "all natural" my assss!! 

• Dawn, I think there will be a day where we are free for dinner. I think they just drop us off in the city and let us do dinner. Dont know what day that would be but I would love to meet you! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Anniversary
  • okay, that's a really cool website! But sigh...it doesn't come up with anything less than 170 miles away. I'll have to see if our local store carries their stuff. I think I just take it as fact now that companies will lie to us and the government will allow it. If I did eat meat, we have plenty of free-range beef and bison farms here. I know for sure, since I drive by them every day.
  • i' is drunk. woooooooooooooooo had fun with hubbz friends

bitznitch, anna, if you are not wehre you want to be with ur bod then u are not seeing the same sexy bod that i am in pix! ur hot chica. i'd do you if vaginas didn't scare me.

miss hpe the wedding goes well! ex ddrama sux, hpefully everyone will behave and u can have tlots of fun!!!!

adwn, snow, srilys?"???? WTF. i'ms orry u couldn't go camping. i'm going soon.

callies, so ur gonna be din dawn's area/ Wooo g2g! i want to have a giant one.

i miss u ladies. hubby and i have first therpay appointment tomorrow together so that shoullld be interest.g its not reallya cupoules threrapy, it's to talk wit his therapist cuz he 's worrie dthat he's not always scommunicinating our occasinal problems (or my problems with him, at stleast) clearly. so eyah. should be intersitng!

hope this sin't too hard to read

kathleeeen if you sstll check this - CONGRATS

bitwchez i'm OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

ps. i lov u all.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • oh. my. god. 

LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • In Response to Re: Friday! Tell us something good.:
    yeah, we have amazing dairy farms here.  I have done the tour of the one our local (mostly organic) grocery store buys from. They treat their animals AMAZINGLY well. Even their chickens.  I think you are on my Pinterest, right?  A few weeks back I posted links to a site that you can type in what you're looking for or where you live and it'll tell you brand names and stores/restaurants with the stamp of approval for ACTUAL and TRUE free range, well-treated, vegetarian fed stocks.  It's an awesome site.  It's amazing how many people read "organic" "grass fed" and "free range" and think it counts for anything. It doesn't. Those terms are total jokes. even Gov't certified free range is 100% a complete joke.  Hell, Kashi uses GMO products in their foods!! "all natural" my assss!! 
    Posted by firsttimersluck
    I refuse to eat Kashi anymore once I heard that - bullshiat

Muffins you kill me ;)
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re: Friday! Tell us something good.:
     i'd do you if vaginas didn't scare me. 
    Posted by LoveMuffins

My thoughts exactly!

• Yeah Kashi = big liar

Also... drunk posting FTW ;) LOL
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • MRadsMRads
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Muffins - I love it!  We all need more drunk muffins in our life!

Nic - that is quite a lot to take in.  I hope your H finds a job quickly that has enough hours and doesn't make him miserable.  BTW, you looked fantastic in the pics on FB!

Missy - good luck starting your new job today!  I hope its a good day, and I hope you had fun at the wedding!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Callie - let me know, would love to meet up for dinner!

I love me some drunk muffins. Good stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards