Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Wedding Reception Food?

My Fiance and I are still young, so we are planning a long engagement.. so in about 2 years we plan to get married on the beach in florida and its going to be very casual. The guys will probably wear khaki shorts and white shirts.. and i don't think anyones going to wear shoes for the ceremony. very very casual. And we're not the dressy type people anyway, so We were thinking, (i was thinking) there is this nice italian restrauant that has HUGE pizzas, and thats what I want for part of the reception dinner meal... is that okay? What else can go with that? 
Salads?
we want it to be like a buffet.. so are there any other ideas?

Re: Wedding Reception Food?

• leahkateleahkate member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be fine since it's so casual. You could have pizzas, breadsticks and salad, and some veggie/cheese/cracker platters. And what about cheesecake with fruit topping? That's usually on the dessert menu at an Italian restaurant.
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds perfect and the cheesecake would be really cool (if you can keep it cold). Or schedule an ice cream truck to arrive :) 
    My suggestion is to order plain cheese pizzas and put the toppings in bowls so each guest could choose their own.
  • meep2meep2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! Do they have a separate room for you? You'll want to make sure to have one to set up your pizzas if you're doing it buffet style, otherwise since you describe it as a "nice" Italian place people are going to look at the menu and order different things. Be prepared for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards