Arizona-Phoenix

New Tempe Bride

Hello Fellow Brides to Be! I have been stocking this board for a while, and am blown away by how helpful everyone is :)  

I recently got engaged and couldn’t be more excited (obviously), but I am feeling slightly overwhelmed with all of the planning ahead!! So far I know that we will be married in our church near ASU, in Tempe. We would like to book a venue within a reasonable distance which will accommodate up to 200 people, and also allows us to provide our own alcohol. Oh and we want all of this in Spring 2011.

We are super laid back people, and I like to think of myself as a DIY extraordinaire so we don’t need anything too fancy shmancy, but I also want it to be pretty and comfortable! 

Any suggestions?
I'm all dressed up in your words today. Schockedbio.weebly.com

Re: New Tempe Bride

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! I dont have too many suggestion for that side of town BUT you could checl out the University Club @ ASU. They rent that out for weddings.

ps. I hyperlinked the University club
    good luck with your planning and congrats of being engaged!
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the board!

You can check out Arizona Historical Society as well...
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Arizona Historical Society was my thought also. I considered this venue, but we decided on the Desert Botanical Gardens down the street. They have their own chairs and you can rent really neat light posts. And yes, you can BYOA! Also, the first Saturday of every month (or maybe its the 4th...double check) is free admission if you want to casually check it out :)

I think the Fiesta Conference Resort looked good and I believe you can outsource your alcohol there as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jadel74jadel74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest the University Club too; the lawn outside of Old Main would be killer for pictures.

Also, maybe look into Papago Park, Desert Botanical Gardens, the Zoo, Tempe Beach Park?
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh..the Tempe Center of the Arts does weddings as well
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I will be sure to check those all out :)
    I'm all dressed up in your words today. Schockedbio.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at The Waterfront, which is pretty close to downtown Tempe. It's on a lake and really beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest Tempe Center for the Arts. It's very unique! University Club is also a good one.

Welcome and good luck!
    ~*February 13, 2011*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
    163 Invited image
    17 Can't wait! image
    0 Can't come :(image
    146 are still deciding image
  • amywhatamywhat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's very functional, cute place that I considered in Tempe.  The place has wood floors if I rememberr correctly and a huge kitchen and stage.  I never heard back on price when I called. However, I rented it years ago for a huge party and it was just a couple of hundred dollars.  Can't imagine that the price has changed much.

http://tempewomansclub.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards