Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

*Molly*

How is the packing going???!  Are you excited!!!!???? (stupid question, I know the answer is yes, lol)
August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
Anniversary

Re: *Molly*

• edited December 2011
    Hey there. :)    Thanks for asking!  Packing is, um, going. Haha. We're not actually moving in until 4/17. We're taking a week to paint and clean. Wahoo! So, I have a lot of my clothes in bags and books packed. Aside from that, not much is packed. We'll be packing a lot starting this weekend.

How is the house hunt going? Did you decide against the one in Greentree with the 1 bathroom? It is a stressful thing, isn't it? But sooo worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to wait on the GT with one bath - according to cost comparisons it's overpriced by about 25k, so we agreed if we don't see anything promising in the next 3 1/2 weeks, we'd make a reasonable (to us) offer, and if we didn;t get it, we'd get over it.

It is beyond stressful.

A whole week to pack and paint and such!  What fun!!!  Make sure you stock up on lowe's coupons! lol. How long did you guys house hunt before you found a place? 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a good plan on the GT one.  Let 'em sweat for a bit and lower the price hopefully.

Yeah, we're getting excited and can't wait to be in the house! Good tip on the Lowe's coupons. We're gonna need them. I heard that you can sign up with them somehow as a new homeowner and get some 10% off coupon, but I'm not sure about that one.

We didn't look too long. A total of 3 months - 1/2 of it with an agent. We just got super lucky when we found and decided on the house we're buying. It is a little higher priced than I wanted to go, but it is worth it in the end. Hang in there and keep looking. It'll happen!
  • edited December 2011
    Butting In :)

Bri- Hang in there!  DF and I made an offer on a house, the same day that I got an email for 14 new houses being listed.  Spring is in the air and people will start to put their homes for sale!

M-Yay for packing :)

Butting out//

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    If you need Lowe's coupons, go to the post office and pick up the moving "change of address" packets - there is one in there for 10%. And my mom was telling me that Home Depot takes Lowe's coupons so you can use them there too.

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    Yes on the lowe's coupon.  My dad never had an email address before, and they bought another rental property - so he registered and got 10% off everything!  They saved a ton (!!) of money.  Also, discover card does a lot of cool offers with Lowe's, also something to look into. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Karen you bought a house too!!!  I totally missed that!  Details??!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I haven't been talking about it too much because I hate to jinx things plus it's been a PITA dealing with this seller and we actually didn't think it was going to work out. But we're really excited, this isn't a "forever" home for us so we were looking in a conservative price range which made it tough, but we got a nice 3 BR/2 BA house on the "bay side" of the city. Smile

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    Ooh good to know, K. Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Karen - we're not looking for a forever home either, it's hard to balance what you know you really want eventually, and what is good for the wallet and allows you to have a life at this point in time.  GL - and anti jinx vibes your way!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Our house will be our forever until we get too old to be cold and then we'll move to some condo in Boca. :P
  • edited December 2011
    NP, Molly. My mom works for the post office so she reminded me :) I guess she's been stocking up for herself and for my brother, who bought a TH about 8 months ago, and now me. She is going to be bleeding the p.o. dry of change of address forms!

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    Bri, I know what you mean. We actually ended up offering on a second house when the seller on our original one took so long to make any decision (the inspection showed it needed a new roof and she didn't want to do it, but finally said yes). Anyway, the second house we actually liked better as a house, but it was more expensive and not is as good of a neighborhood/school district (good, but not as good as the other). We decided we could live with smaller space, less storage and outdated bathrooms (I swear almost no one has updated a bathroom on this side of town since the 70s) if it means less money now, a new roof and better opportunity for resale.

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    Sorry Molly, I feel like I hijacked your post :(

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    Hijack away, girl! :)  I don't mind at all.
  • edited December 2011
    I should have just entitled it new homeowners, and those struggling to find a home.  I hear you on the updated bathroom thing, even here in Pgh.  For 200K + I want a toliet from this century!! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards