October 2013 Weddings
Options

Save the dates?

Is anyone planning to do save the dates? Do you think they are a waste of money? My mom really likes the magnet ones and wants us to get them. Most of my family lives very close, with a few living in other states. Where FI family lives throughout the US with few living close. Any ideas where to get them from?  I've been looking at weddingpaperdivas.com, but am having a hard time matching our wedding color of watermelon. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the dates?

• Options
    I have been looking at wedding paper divas and magnet street. I want to send out save the dates though. Our wedding is on a long weekend. I know a ton of weddings will be going on at this time. I want people to be aware that we are getting married at this time and not to make any other plans. I guess it is up to you and how many people you are having. I just think it is a nice gesture to give people a heads up on how many weddings they have coming up.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I have been looking around vista print.  The ran a groupon a little while back and I hear they do them often.  I paid $12 (originally $17 but I had a credit) for $70 worth of merch.  For STD's I figured no one will save them beyond the wedding date so I didn't want to invest a great deal of money towards them.   All in preference and how much they mean to you.  We are sending them.  Not a TON of guests from out of town but we have a lot of family that we want to give ample time for savings and arrangements.  

I was in Alfred Angelo this weekend and saw they cut a deal on invitations from them if you buy your dress there.  No idea on prices though or if other companies do it.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    I'm going to do STD in January since we are getting married at Disney! I'm basically going to do cheap ones or a photo of my fiance, daughter and I at Disney as post cards. The actual invites with hotel info etc will go out pretty early too around late March or April since we are going out of town!
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I've already sent out my STDs.   I'm getting married in England and wanted my US friends to be able to save and plan for the trip.   FI is sending them to friends and family in Norway & Australia.  

I didn't spend a lot of  money on them ($200 for 50) but I do plan to have super nice invitations.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also did the groupon thing $17 for $70 worth of merch. I created my own postcards on Vista print so they ended up being cheaper than their templated ones.

The back basically says the location and everything else. (I know I shouldn't be posting this with our names on it, but most of you I have on fb anyway.)

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I bought some on Shutterfly. It was during a sale and I had a code, so I think they came out to something crazy like 17 cents each. I think the total was about $30 for 200. I figure they are not goign to be kept after the wedding, so it was an inexpensive option that highlighted the photos of us from the shoot.

They are a 4 x 8 photo paper card with 5 photos of us from our engagement shoot, our names, web site, initials, etc.  I will be sending them out in early December.

OH! I meant to add that I agree - they really are a waste of money. Even if you give a date to someone a year in advance, it doesn't mean that they can really plan their lives around someone else's wedding.  I still wanted to do something, but as you can see, they were REALLY inexpensive.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Just go to vp.com and in the search look up postcards. It will then give you options to do certain things.

• Options
    I"m getting mine from Pear Tree using a groupon and I got free address labels from my college with both of our names on them!
  • Options
    hmmn...I'm torn about save the dates. On the one hand, it's useful if you have a lot of out-of-town guests who might need to book hotels, take time off work, etc. But if most of your guests live close by, it might not be necessary.

I got a magnetic one for my friend's wedding, and it is really nice, but I mean, after the wedding, I guess only your family is gonna keep it, so it might not be economically efficient. If I do end up doing save the dates, I'll probably go the electronic route, to save some money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards