Michigan-Grand Rapids

Horrocks for flowers

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a meeting with Horrocks on monday to go over flower quotes and I have to say that I have so far been less than pleased with their customer service.  They weren't friendly or welcoming when I scheduled the appointment with them nor when I went in for the consultation.  At the appointment, it felt like she was trying to just get the consultation over with as fast as she could.  She told me at the end of the appointment that she would call me with the quote.  I followed up with them at four this afternoon after I hadn't recieved a phone call and she was too busy to get on the phone with me and tell me that she wouldn't have my quote ready until the beginning of next week?!  Really?  I didn't think it would take a week to write up a flower quote.  I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience but I just wanted to say what I've experienced so far in my dealings with them.

Re: Horrocks for flowers

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with them.  My flowers were exactly as I wanted, I didn't feel rushed at all and I had a quote within a couple of days.  I don't recall the timing of that precisely as I didn't have a US phone at the time, so they had to call through a couple of different channels, but they really were on the ball about getting in touch with us, even though we were kind of hard to "find" as we live overseas. 
  • stacy lovestacy love member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had checked  them out , I have to agree  they were not so friendly. We decided to go with J's Fresh Flower Mkt. We have had a great experience so far they have been friendly and timely. They have Fresh flower's there maybe a few pennies more but well worth it . The Staff there are really helpful lot's of great ideas maybe you should check them out they.
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh.  Wonder if they've changed staff since I was there, or maybe I just didn't notice. 
  • qttchicaqttchica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I do have an appt. with DJ's at the end of Sept. and they have been better to work with and I haven't even sat down with them.  When I first called DJ's, I told them the only day I had available was saturdays and even though they were booked up saturdays, they managed to squeeze me in...........and they were really friendly about it.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my flowers through them and didnt have those problems.  I am not sure who you were dealing with there?  I have dealt with Amy this whole time and she has been nothing but great.  The only thing that was a little hard was trying to pick out the flowers that I really wanted.  I kind of just wanted someone to say "Well these flowers come in those colors and we can do this this and that."  But instead I kind of had to pick every single flower myself.  So that was the only thing I struggled with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards