Connecticut

All venue-d out

Have any of you during your entire wedding planning fetl like "enough is enough"? LOL

I've been visiting a lot of venue vendors over the past couple of months and now I'm just tired.  I've talked to so many people, seen so many locations, some I like, some I don't like, some affordable but I don't like, some not affordable but I like, some I like and are affordable but other issues....you get the idea.  And in the end you just feel really overwhelmed and want it all to just stop.

Kinda want to just give up and forget it all...

I also just found out two of my FI's best friends will possibly not make it to our wedding.  He doesn't seem bothered by it but to me it kind of does because this is your best friend!  Can't you at least try? LOL  I'm not close to them so it shouldn't matter to me but they are close to my FI and it's his wedding lol

Anyways maybe I'm just really all venue-d out and just want to get it over with.

Thanks for reading!

Re: All venue-d out

• edited December 2011
    I totally understand. Sometimes I feel like I would have just gotten married on an island somewhere or Vegas if I had it to do over again. I keep telling myself it'll all be worth it.
  • edited December 2011
    It will get easier. The venue shopping is the only thing we did until we found 'the one'. We visited at least 25. From there, booking all the other vendors was simply. For more than 1/2 of them, we booked them the same day we met with them (rather than shopping around).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-d-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c8d9356c-b953-448c-9f7e-3b167cd80725Post:6402ea7f-baa5-4cce-8860-4cd5002c87ce">Re: All venue-d out</a>:
    [QUOTE]It will get easier. The venue shopping is the only thing we did until we found 'the one'. We visited at least 25. From there, booking all the other vendors was simply. For more than 1/2 of them, we booked them the same day we met with them (rather than shopping around).
    Posted by crushme8602[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. This is one of the hardest check during the planning process, everything seems easy after this. Definitely make a list of must haves and always negotiate so you get what you want. </div>
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aww take a step back for a little bit and relax.

Venues are challenging and definitely a process!

Things will get better!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  That really made me feel much better.

I think we may have decided on one, the only problem is maybe the distance for some of the guests (like older guests etc) but some details may be able to be worked out.  So hopefully this one will turn out for the better. 
  • edited December 2011
    We took forever and looked at at least a dozen venues. I drove everyone (including myself) crazy. My fiance and I just couldn't agree on the overall look/feel we were going for. Luckily, I had tons of time to look and re-look at venues. While I was looking for the "perfect venue" I knew that maybe it didn't exist and eventually I would just need to pick one. 

It is definitely one of the hardest decisions because it dictates how everything else will fall in place.

Where  are you considering? 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SillyGoose: Yea I think I have visited about 13 locations.  I joked with my FI that we've pretty much covered a major part of central CT, we went through towns we never even heard of before LOL

I think I might go with Saybrook Point.  It's got everything I wanted, just the distance and with a bit of tweaking is just a little over budget but I can always cut costs somewhere else.  We live in middle to northern part of central CT so I am a bit concerned with the traveling (not for us but for some other people, but it is close to I-91 so not too too bad in my opinion and I like that it's somewhat reachable by MTA).

But I honestly don't want to visit any more places LOL  It's all I've been doing on weekends during the last 2 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards