Snarky Brides

I have a friend who sucks at life

She posted on Facebook this morning about why she hates senior citizens discounts because she's poor, middle classed and paying into social security when she'll never see any of it.

I jokingly commented "Hey!  Go to a bar on ladies night, they have lots of discounts for you :)"

"Ew.  I hate bars.  I'm not a ladies night kinda gal."

Okay, so you're a whiney brat AND you can't take a joke.

Do your friends suck too?
panther

Re: I have a friend who sucks at life

• Sometimes, but yours definitely sucks. ;) Sorry, AATB. What a Debbie Downer.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • That sucks.  But, to be honest, I kind of agree with her on the social security thing.  I'm pissed I'm paying so much money that I'll never see.  
  • ::facepalm::

SIL's last 3 statuses have been about baby poop.  Have any funny comebacks that won't sound sarcastic?  I was thinking "they are going to see this in 10 years and say MOMMMM YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING!"

• I have an FB friend who keeps posting messages to celebrities, like "@patrickdempsey, hope you feel better! Let me know if I can help, I'm a nurse!" Btw, she's not a nurse. Ca-raaazy.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • edited September 2010
    Sometimes in college my BFF and I would talk about how we didn't really like a lot of our friends. It happens!

Anndddd I've been known to delete people from FB because of their annoying FB statuses! Take that!

ETA: I'm annoyed about SSA too, but my parents keep saying "Think of it like this, you're paying for us!" which makes me half hate them half feel guilty.
  • What friends? I don't really have a lot. I have acquaintances. But my best friend, she gets on my nerves a lot. She's very "me" centered and can't keep a promise or arrive on time to save her life. Anyone who knows me, knows that breaking your word is one of my major pet peeves. Even if it's something as simple as "I promise, this time I really will call you back this weekend" then 2 months go by, I hold a grudge.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:22dd4e21-0686-4244-b7af-a28af7220c6a">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an FB friend who keeps posting messages to celebrities, like "@patrickdempsey, hope you feel better! Let me know if I can help, I'm a nurse!" Btw, she's not a nurse. Ca-raaazy.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is weeeeeeird.
  • I will never understand the desire to inform others about the status of their child's fecal material.  The only people I discussed such things with were the child's father and the child's pediatrician.  Privately.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:5c16346c-2b9e-43a4-b691-d8f90d12bedf">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]::facepalm:: SIL's last 3 statuses have been about baby poop.  Have any funny comebacks that won't sound sarcastic?  I was thinking "they are going to see this in 10 years and say MOMMMM YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING!"
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

You can combat it with Whisky's poop story from last night if you like.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:84853bd2-664e-4a07-ad7d-6b65698980b4">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a friend who sucks at life : Wow, that is weeeeeeird.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Right? I mean, even if she WAS a nurse, she's never met the guy, they live in different states, and I'm pretty sure Patrick Dempsey has his own doctors and doesn't need her internet-based diagnostic/healthcare advice. It's kind of creepy.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:22dd4e21-0686-4244-b7af-a28af7220c6a">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an FB friend who keeps posting messages to celebrities, like "@patrickdempsey, hope you feel better! Let me know if I can help, I'm a nurse!" Btw, she's not a nurse. Ca-raaazy.

Wow, thats way crazy. Comical tho.
  • My sister's exfriend always posts about how sick she is like "Ughh I hate the flu! I didn't even make it to the bathroom and now I have a mess to clean up."

Really lady? Really?? No one wants to know that. No one feels sorry for you now.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:3143781c-2ccb-40a5-9167-ec815704010e">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a friend who sucks at life : Right? I mean, even if she WAS a nurse, she's never met the guy, they live in different states, and I'm pretty sure Patrick Dempsey has his own doctors and doesn't need her internet-based diagnostic/healthcare advice. It's kind of creepy.

I don't understand how people get that obsessed with celebrities. I really, really don't.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:5c16346c-2b9e-43a4-b691-d8f90d12bedf">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]::facepalm:: SIL's last 3 statuses have been about baby poop.  Have any funny comebacks that won't sound sarcastic?  I was thinking "they are going to see this in 10 years and say MOMMMM YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING!"
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

Somebody on my FB was updating their status while they were IN LABOUR Saturday. No lie, one of the updates was how dialated she was at that moment. I almost threw up.
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Beatles THAT is a weird friend :)

Steph even though I kinda halfway agree with her too on the social security thing - It stills annoys the shiit out of me because she is always whining and complaining about something.  Why can't she have this, why can't she do that, why is she so miserable and blah blah blah.  She IS a Debbie Downer.
    panther
  • Sunrise, she does that with a lot of celebrities. I think it's a Twitter thing that you can "talk" to them that way, right? I'm Twitter ignorant, so I have no idea. I think it makes her feel important.

I agree about leaving your bodily functions to yourself. Same goes with sex. I don't need to know that you just humped your bf, or how good it was. Though it would be kind of hilarious for someone to post how bad it was.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:e025ef2c-bea0-406b-8774-edcc6288934c">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a friend who sucks at life : You can combat it with Whisky's poop story from last night if you like.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Oooh yes, that was my other strategy--compare everything she says about the babies to my dogs.  I think someone here gave me that idea. 

• I have a very low tolerance for people who feel the need to cuss someone out on FB. Really? Do we all need to know that you are fighting with your baby daddy for the 20th time this week? :Hide:

AATB, I don't have any friends who suck but I do have a couple who always have something to say about everything on FB. I am a firm believer in if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it moving. They don't!! The HAVE to say something, even if it is a LIE, and that drives me up a wall!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • MFJ - "Miracle Maker, why do you only post about how shitty your day is?"

I have a FB friend, guy that I went to HS with, that posts about 15 times per day how lonely he is and his life sucks because he can't find a girlfriend.  Then has about 150 pics of him at bars hanging all over women who are easily 25 yrs older than him.  Last night he posted that he was taking a break from FB because he's tired of seeing how happy everyone else it. **I would be worried about this behavior, if it didn't happen every 2 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker

My aunt has met/interviewed him a few times when he comes to the Speedway to race. She said he's super nice and always remembers her each year. Next year I might try to weasel my way in with her just so I can get a picture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:31eed16a-f893-4232-bbec-bcd09012f033">I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE] Do your friends suck too?
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I'd like to say they do, but I don't actually think I have any friends.

Lucky me?
  • Beatles EXACTLY!

My friend got married earlier this year in January and I was happy for her... but things have been said that make me kind of concerned.  I talked to her younger brother at my sister's wedding and mentioned my friend's upcoming wedding, and he just rolled his eyes and was like "he's a douchebag" and that "well, she's getting what she's always wanted - to get married.  Woo" So that's just kinda sad.  It's sad to me that she more than likely settled with some wet blanket guy and that she's always depressed or down about something.  But on the other hand - if I'm upset about something, I don't sit around and cry "woe is me."  Just, lame.
    panther
  • Aw, that's sad for her AATB. But you're right, she does this to herself. I think we've all probably been in her shoes at one point or another, and it's sad when people don't know when or how to pull themselves out of a situation that just facilitates what they supposedly hate about their life. It's hard as a friend too to keep up with that and continue to encourage someone whose life choices are for shitt.

• It IS hard.  We talk maybe, twice a year.  Three times at the most.  But it's so exhausting to talk to her.  I try to remain an optimist about things but she is ALWAYS looking at the glass as half empty.  Or maybe totally empty. 

And it's never her fault.  She's always blaming someone. 

She rarely has anything nice to say about anybody, it's just sad.  She actually said to me one time (and it was after Ben and I had broken up in high school) "oh I don't like his sister, she's a bitch."  And she's not a bitch, she's just really forward and loud.  Lol.  Or like, when I told her who my youngest sister was dating at the time - her boyfriend's mom is an elementary teacher and I guess had taught my friend years ago.  "Oh, she ruined my self-esteem for life."  Um, okay.

I do want to feel bad for her but it's really hard to give advice to someone when they're always making excuses for why your advice won't work.  You know?
    panther
  • I know more about FI's cousin's wife's lactating problems than I EVER wanted to know... needless to say, she's hidden.  Nice girl, but jeez... things I NEVER wanted to know.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:cafbc246-d43e-4dc7-8e79-08675529bf41">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]Courtney I have a facebook friend who "likes" everything I post on facebook.  It bugs the crap out of me.  I post about pretty mundane things and usually, without fail, moments later, it comes up in my notifications that she "likes" it.  I want to come through the screen and just ask her WHY are you the<strong> LIKE WHORE.</strong>

I love it! But I have one better. How about the people who "like" their own statuses??? Drives me crazy!!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:f93cead8-e340-40d6-a1f1-604eabec883b">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]It IS hard.  We talk maybe, twice a year.  Three times at the most.  But it's so exhausting to talk to her.  I try to remain an optimist about things but she is ALWAYS looking at the glass as half empty.  Or maybe totally empty.  And it's never her fault.  She's always blaming someone.  She rarely has anything nice to say about anybody, it's just sad.  She actually said to me one time (and it was after Ben and I had broken up in high school) "oh I don't like his sister, she's a bitch."  And she's not a bitch, she's just really forward and loud.  Lol.  Or like, when I told her who my youngest sister was dating at the time - her boyfriend's mom is an elementary teacher and I guess had taught my friend years ago.  "Oh, she ruined my self-esteem for life."  Um, okay. I do want to feel bad for her but it's really hard to give advice to someone when they're always making excuses for why your advice won't work.  You know?

I had a friend who was just like this. In particuluar about guys. But first she'd ask for advice, and then completely disregard it. She wasn't so bad with me because I didn't put up with any of the sh*t that she then tried to pull with my best friend. She was so abusive towards her, even telling her in 11th grade that she "can't believe you've lost your virginity and I haven't, you're such a prude." And would ask her for advice, and then be like "That's just stupid, don't be such an idiot." And tried to seduce both of our ex boyfriends. She was a peach.

I snapped on her for calling me a bitch over Facebook earlier in the year, and told her I wouldn't be speaking to her again and to enjoy her life of self-pity. She was pretty pissed, but it was totally worth it.
  • I have a friend that is always 1 up on me... If i say that im having a great time at the beach for example... She will come back and say "OH, well im going to the beach this weekend". She can never just be happy for me, she ALWAYS has to have a better story then mine. Whenever she says things like that to me... im like oh thats cool, or have fun and leave it at that. It drives me insane!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:002ce517-2c4b-4b40-9ead-8be6f7c72680">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a friend who sucks at life : I love it! But I have one better. How about the people who "like" their own statuses??? Drives me crazy!!!
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

I'll give you one better.

I have a FB friend who posts these really weird posts - for example here's one she posted this morning: "TOO WORK!  I could be a morning person if morning was AT NOON! LOL off to work I go........... love you hubby and boyz.......XOXO........LOL" and then, not only will she "like" her status, but then she will comment on it once, twice, maybe three times.  Like an extension of her status update.

I can't stand the bitch but I keep her on my friends list because I have a sick fascination with watching the crazy.
    panther
  • She will see that money in one form or another-and probably then some when she gets old. No WAY would this government be dealing with the massive social fallout of not having any money for old people. yes, the fuind is running dry, blah, blah, blah. Medicare is not going anywhere, either. As long as capitalism exists in this country so will some form of SS and medicare, though they may no longer call it that.

I would also tell her that these god awful old people paid tons of taxes in their time to pay for all manner of stuff she and others have been utilizing their whole lives.

It ticks me off when people get an attitude about those who have been working and contributing for fifty years of their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards