Iowa-Des Moines

Does anyone know where....

I can have my shoes dyed Cobalt blue? I have always planned on dying my shoes to match my BM's dresses...and found my ideal pair for 75% off online!! But I know places like David's only dye's shoes you purchase from them. Any help would be great!!

Re: Does anyone know where....

• edited December 2011
    I used a place in Valley Junction- can't think of the name right now.  It is a dive of a place but did wonders on a really tough color to match!  I will look the name up when I get home.
    BTW- Love the blue shoe idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! Please do let me know the name of the place! I am so excited there is a local option...the only other thing I could think of was the online places that you send a swatch and your shoes to! And thanks! My ma is a little terrified of the blue...but you'll only be able to see them when I want them to be seen:)
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea!! I am doing it too!! Please let me know where the place is as well!!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Showtime/Dressmaker's
    408 Maple Street
    West Des Moines
    IA 50265
    UNITED STATES
    Phone515-277-7333

My mom had a few 'fears' about my wedding too- then when she saw the 'ideas' she was blown away!  Stick to your guns on this one- it is a great idea!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my shoes dyed watermelon color there, and they're great! It's right around the corner from the Theatrical Shop, up a few little stairs. It's not very well marked, but that's it.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you:) I will be going there to have them done!! Can't wait to see the final product!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just thinking about this! I bought a pair of shoes that I have to wear for my sisters wedding...thinking about dying them for my own. :) Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards