North Carolina

Like these Earrings? PIP

I don't have a ton of jewelry, what I do have is mostly pearls or gemstones (not usually precious ones, I wear a lot of topaz and similar).  I saw these on ruelala today and I'm thinking they may be good wedding earrings.  They're blue quartz about 1.5inch drop, so they could be my "something blue" as well.

What do you think?  Are these weird for wedding jewelry?  (dress pics are in bio if you need something to reference)

Re: Like these Earrings? PIP

• janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are very pretty, and very appropriate for wedding jewelry.  But as a personal preference, I am not a big fan of gold.  So the only thing I would say is to make sure the gold tone in the jewelry doesn't clash with your outfit or any other jewelry you plan on wearing.

But I love the design, and I love blue quartz!
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like them! Very cute for "something blue." I do second the gold things, since most of my jewelry is white gold. 

Also- I love ruelala haha! 
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't usually wear gold either, but I didn't really think it was enough gold on the earrings to be a problem.  The only other jewelry I have picked to wear is a pearl bracelet and my engagement/wedding rings, which are platinum.  I haven't decided if I'm wearing a necklace.

Ruelala gets me in trouble, I like too much of the stuff on there. 
  • edited December 2011

I think they're very pretty....cute idea for your something blue, too!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty! I also agree with the gold though. 
  • edited December 2011
    I like them. Gold isn't my thing, but they are very pretty!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think they're goregous and would be perfect for your something blue.

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are pretty.  I also think that there is so little gold in these specific earrings that it wouldn't even be visible against your ear, so even if you wore them with pearls and your platinum rings, it wouldn't look like it clashed at all!
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_like-earrings-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:137cac1a-8dee-46d7-a5ff-feec03353e05Post:c9a5203c-5e7d-4f61-aa78-412e4277856d">Re: Like these Earrings? PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think they are pretty.  I also think that <strong>there is so little gold in these specific earrings</strong> that it wouldn't even be visible against your ear, so even if you wore them with pearls and your platinum rings, it wouldn't look like it clashed at all!
    Posted by Beth0882[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! I think those would be awesome! And I agree, its so little gold, I think that up against your skin it wouldn't be noticeable.

I used to get Ruelala's emails, but I dont anymore for some reason :o(. I too could get into trouble Hah
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards