New Jersey

AW fitting pic

so i've had some trouble with the dress. basically if i wear a bra, there's too much cleavage. if i dont wear one i feel like i'm not supported enough. i had them add straps for this reason so needless to say that i feel more comfortable w/ the straps then w/o... but now i'm thinking the straps take away from the dress... thoughts?

back of dress with long train... it looks amazing when its bustled though

Re: AW fitting pic

• goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    very pretty dress!  not sure I like the straps though.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually like it with the straps!  And having the straps is way better than seeing a bride doing the thumb tuck to pull the top of her dress up, haha.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with peaches. I like the straps, but whats important is that you atre comfortable and not playing with it all night!
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    keep in mind that if you get your dress altered to fit properly you won't have to pull it up all night!  I was worried about this and it fit perfectly so that it wouldn't fall down.   

Any chance they can sew cups into the dress for support as opposed to the straps?
  • grace_anngrace_ann member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

beautiful! I do like it better without the straps though

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had straps made for my dress, but they were removable with a hook and eye.  I could wear the dress strapless for pictures and the ceremony and then put the straps off when it was time to dance - just a thought that might work for you. 

I do like the dress with the straps though. The most important thing, like the other girls said, is that you are comfortalbe - it's going to be a long day!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of sewn-in cups. I'm not a fan of the straps from the back view.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly like the dress better without the straps.  However, you need to feel comfortable.   The dress is very pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    Its beautiful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeos in the dress with or without the straps. Do what you are more comfortable with!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the dress on you either way; beautiful choice!
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like it better without the straps, however, it looks fine with the straps as well and if they are going to make you feel more comfortable go with the straps. btw i can completly relate to this issue, it sucks, i love my dress having finally found one i love, but i am still having the issue of not loving ANY bra that I have found.

you look great in the dress either way you wear it!
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually love the straps from the back!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not loving the straps to be honest but you look very pretty!

I had cups sewn in. I have a big bust and it fit perfectly. i didn't have to pull up once. If they tailor the dress tight enough to fit your body, you will be fine.
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies.... i asked about sewing in cups or a bra and they couldnt do it. the cups didnt look right and i honestly dont think sewing in a bra was an option to the seamstress

its funny, w/o the straps i have the tendency to keep picking it up, not that its falling down, just because i feel like i need to pick it up to make sure its in place. but it doesnt even move when i go to pick it up, so its pretty tight
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that looks like Cinderella bridal.  I got my dress there.  Who did you deal with?   Heddy helped me.  She's tough but knows her stuff.  I couldn't have cups sewn in either.  I wound up getting a corset type bra from Lingerie by Susan in edison.  It was supportive and I didn't feel like I had too much cleavage
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I like the straps from the back but I don't like them from the front. If I had to pick, I would say strapless.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    edited December 2011
    yes danielle -it's cinderella and heddy worked with me too. she was so patient w/ me and all of my insecurites!
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look great!! I think both look very nice so it really depends on which feels better for you.  I really like the straps on the back. 
    Anniversary
  • JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks great. I like the straps, but I have never been comfortable in strapless.
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    Stunning. I  love the train also!
  • edited December 2011
    It's a gorgeous dress! You look great in it. I like the dress even with straps and if that's what makes you most comfortable go for it.
  • edited December 2011
    The dress looks great! Not a huge fan of the straps from the back but it's your day so I say go with what makes you comfortable.
  • edited December 2011
    During my fittings I was constantly picking at my dress- until the seamstress told me I would have the armpit fat hangover if I did it... we even tried it out and yup haha. Day of I didn't even notice it and didn't bothing tugging at it b/c I knew it wasn't moving! I think in the fittings you aren't used to it so you are going to tug on it... but if they did it right you shouldn't have to worry. FWIW I also am not a fan of the straps- but the removable straps may be a good compromise.
    *~allie~*

• VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress is beautiful but i agree with some pp, i'm not a big fan of the straps, it reminds me of the denim bra from VS that you hook in the back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards