Maryland-Baltimore

Please HELP!! venue on budget for 250-300 guests

I'm losing my mind trying to find a venue in Baltimore that is REASONABLE (i.e. not $130.00 per person for chicken plus site rental) that can hold 250-300 guests. My fiance and I have large families and cannot do anything smaller than 250 (and this doesn't include our friends :( ) I do not want a big wedding, but it looks like I can't get around it... On top of it all... I don't want to have a generic wedding... I want the venue to have some significance to my relationship (i.e. a vineyard or on the water etc..., but not a hotel or Martins...) ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???? oh and we are kinda tied to getting married at St. Leo's in Little Italy... I'M LOST and this is not turning out to be fun, at all :( please help! I'm open to all suggestions!!

Re: Please HELP!! venue on budget for 250-300 guests

• Your criterie and guest list and budget combination are really restrictive. How far from Little Italy are you willing to travel for the reception? I think you are going to need to compromise on something.  It's not like you'll be finding a vineyard within a 20 minute drive of Little Italy, kwim?

The Masonic Temple in downtown may work for you. You have to choose from their approved caterers, but it's a pretty diverse list so you should be able to find one that can work with your budget. But it's not a vineyard or waterfront.

Henderson's Wharf is waterfront, but it's a hotel and I don't know about capacity.

The Baltimore Museum of Industry is another option. Again, you need to choose from preferred caterers, but there are lovely waterfront views.

Top of the World (top level of the baltimore trade center) is another option. great views, pretty close to Little Italy, but it would need to be a cocktail style reception for that many people, and approved caterers only
  • I think first we need to know what Lovekiss brought up, how far from Little Italy are you willing to travel?
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I don't really know what is an acceptable distance/time for travel between ceremony and reception... I looked at a vineyard that was 1.5 hours away and I know that that is way too far... would 30-45 minutes be acceptable for guests... I have no idea, what do you think is too long/far?

• <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="Discussion_PostTable"><tbody><tr><td id="forumPostFormattedBody[4]" class="Discussion_PostTablePost"><p>I don't really know what is an acceptable distance/time for travel between ceremony and reception... I looked at a vineyard that was 1.5 hours away and I know that that is way too far... would 30-45 minutes be acceptable for guests... I have no idea, what do you think is too long/far?</p></td></tr></tbody></table>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_please-help-venue-on-budget-for-250-300-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:c2821ea6-83f4-4abc-b3b8-d96a8fe6c11ePost:c4dee49f-eba5-4e15-9c1e-3ec67a459f7c">Re: Please HELP!! venue on budget for 250-300 guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your criterie and guest list and budget combination are really restrictive. How far from Little Italy are you willing to travel for the reception? I think you are going to need to compromise on something.  It's not like you'll be finding a vineyard within a 20 minute drive of Little Italy, kwim? The Masonic Temple in downtown may work for you. You have to choose from their approved caterers, but it's a pretty diverse list so you should be able to find one that can work with your budget. But it's not a vineyard or waterfront. Henderson's Wharf is waterfront, but it's a hotel and I don't know about capacity. The Baltimore Museum of Industry is another option. Again, you need to choose from preferred caterers, but there are lovely waterfront views. Top of the World (top level of the baltimore trade center) is another option. great views, pretty close to Little Italy, but it would need to be a cocktail style reception for that many people, and approved caterers only
    Posted by LoveKiss[/QUOTE]
  • An hour away isn't completely unheard of, but your reception needs to be by hotels and things so that those who choose to drink or stay late do not have the hour or so trek home. A waterside location is going to be expensive, but there are some other lovely non-traditional venues such as parks, museums, or perhaps the library. No one can pick a place that's important to your relationship because we aren't in your relationship. Think of a few of your favorite places that would seat that many people and call and ask them if they do that sort of thing. You might be surprised.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I think anything more than 40ish minutes away from the ceremony site is too far. Have you thought about the Padonia Park Club? If you jump right on 83 at little italy and head north, it shouldn't be too far of a drive. It has a lake, for the water aspect. Hunt Valley Golf club is also up in that area, though it gets a bit pricey. Or you could head east after the ceremony and have the reception at Eastern Yacht Club in Baltimore County (though I am not sure they could accomodate that large of a group). Again, waterfront views.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards