New Jersey
Options

Need help with the venue

Hi everyone, 

My fiance and I just got engaged the day after Christmas.  We are looking to have our wedding in May of 2013.  We have been looking at a ton of reception sites but have been having no luck thus far.  We are not the traditional couple.  We really like unique and different things and cringe at the idea of having our reception in a traditional venue.  We are having about 120-150 people coming and we are trying to keep it under a $150 per person.  I've been trying to find any place that has a lot of stone, wood work, somewhere historic, a cool loft, musuem or any place not with either a vintage vibe or outdoors feel.  I have been coming up short because all of the places I love we can't afford and I am starting to lose hope. This is certainly not as fun as I thought it would be.  We are from the Wayne/Montville are and are trying not to travel more than an hour but I'd be willing to go 2 hours if it was my perfect place. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas.  I would really really appreciate any help, please!

Re: Need help with the venue

• Options
    Hello, welcome to the board, and congrats on your engagement! Could you be more specific about which places you "love but can't afford"? That will help us make recommendations for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    You mentioned stone - Ramsey Country Club might work. You can definitely fit that amount of guests and they are right around $150 pp.  
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I was at a wedding at the Brownstone in Paterson and it was lovely! Since you are looking at a spring wedding, they have an outdoor veranda with greenery and fountains that's perfect for cocktail hour. The Birchwood Manor is pretty cool too - lots of different rooms to choose from and it's historic looking, almost like an antebellum manor. It's in the middle of nowhere so it's got this isolated feel to it.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    I'm getting married at David's Country Inn in Hackettstown...it's an incredibly unique venue and fairly reasonable. It's a historic inn with so much character and they only do one wedding per day. It's family owned and the team running it is AMAZING!! Highly recommend them based on my experience so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8865bbad-7e4b-423a-aa2f-7338e98f7d70Post:7bc5cbf1-c8d4-4f91-a043-d8cac0ff23d2">Re: Need help with the venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at David's Country Inn in Hackettstown...it's an incredibly unique venue and fairly reasonable. It's a historic inn with so much character and they only do one wedding per day. It's family owned and the team running it is AMAZING!! Highly recommend them based on my experience so far.
    Posted by klustig[/QUOTE]

Not to threadjack but I live in that area and I saw their website. It looked really cute! Would it be suitable for 80 people for a ceremony and a dinner party? Could you PM me some information?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    ccandelaccandela member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Lake Valhalla Club.  I got married there in April and it was spectacular.  Perry is great to work with.  Check out some of these pictures (from google images)

https://www.google.com/search?q=lake+valhalla+club+wedding&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=g9UvT62bIors0gGWhbzGCg&biw=1680&bih=852&sei=i9UvT6XUNqT00gGrza2UCw

And it's in Montville!!

Cat
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8865bbad-7e4b-423a-aa2f-7338e98f7d70Post:a932164b-945b-4ba0-ae77-5da014171264">Re: Need help with the venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need help with the venue : Not to threadjack but I live in that area and I saw their website. It looked really cute! Would it be suitable for 80 people for a ceremony and a dinner party? Could you PM me some information?
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

You have a PM! I definitely think it could work for that amount of people. Their 'sweet spot' is 125-150 but they can definitely make it work for fewer without the room being sparse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    45 are missing out image
  • Options
    Oh but also they do have a 125 min. on Saturdays, just FYI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    45 are missing out image
  • Options
    Have you tried

The Morris Museum

Farmstead Golf Club in Andover -- they have lots of exposed beams

Ballyowen Crystal Spirngs golf course in Hardyston -- they have an outdoor pavillion with a stone floor

Crossed Keys in Andover -- they have a tent

Perona Farms in Andover -- they have a courtyard with a Mediterranean flare
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards