Georgia-Savannah
Options

Rain Location

Hi everyone.-
I am getting married outside at a plantation.  Does anyone have any ideas for a rain location that is affordale for a ceremony of under 30?

I am ery excited - I've been to Savannah twice.  I'll be going again this January to finalize the plans and then finally get married in May.  Thanks!

Re: Rain Location

• Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which plantation are you using?  Don't they have a backup in case of rain?  If not, they might be able to recommend something.  Would they allow you to rent a tent for the event?
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Chosen.  I would ask the plantation about plan b locations that they have used in the past.  Look into using a tent.  Where is the plantation located.  I could offer other suggestions near by if I had a little more info.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for replying!

The ceremony will be at wormsloe plantation.

The site manager had no idea of a good place to go if it rained, but he said I could bring a tent.  I will be renting chairs and can just rent a tent as well.  I have just seen some serious savannah rains and didn;t know if a tent would be able to withstand a storm.

Wormsloe said they don't really do weddings - so I think that is why he said he didn't know of a good rain location.

Side question (I am new to these forums, I the knot tv keeps making my computer slow down) is there a way to get rid of ti?  Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't stand the knot tv.  I always just hit the stop button.  You can't really get rid of it. 
    There aren't really any great places close to Wormsloe.  The best things I could suggest would be the Savannah Italian Club or the Savannah German Club.  There aren't ultra nice.  They are very basic, but can be fixed up nicely.  There is also a very nice view of the marsh from the Italian Club.  I don't remember the view from the GC.  Unless something new has opened recently, I really don't know of anything else on that side of town.  I hope this helps some.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much.

I have another question if you don't mind.  We are eating at Mrs Wilkes - I love it there - and not having a reception.

I wanted to take my family someplace later that has nice dessert and champaign.  Do you have any ideas - I am thinking maybe LuLu's chocolate bar - but curious if there is anywhere else?

Thank you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the link I have at the top of my page.  For whatever reason, I don't have The Knot TV on mine.  Maybe it'll work for you?

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_rain-location

As for places near Wormsloe...the church I'm getting married in is near Wormsloe, but you might have to completely set them up as a venue (don't know if they'd work as a backup).  I think your best bet is going to be renting the tent from whoever you're renting chairs from.

For dessert, Lulu's is a great choice.  I would definitely stick with that.  I actually don't know of anywhere else that specializes in desserts in Savannah except bakeries and such, and I don't think that's what you're looking for.  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_rain-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:0d3ee346-42c6-4232-9004-9428971cb000Post:12db769c-271d-4950-9a41-e6e790612608">Re: Rain Location</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you very much. I have another question if you don't mind.  We are eating at Mrs Wilkes - I love it there - and not having a reception. I wanted to take my family someplace later that has nice dessert and champaign.  Do you have any ideas - I am thinking maybe LuLu's chocolate bar - but curious if there is anywhere else? Thank you
    Posted by Chanel-23[/QUOTE]

I would chose The Melting Pot for desert over Lulu's.  It is much nicer, has better choices and is a lot less crowded. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OOO I didn't even think about the Melting Pot.  They have the *best* chocolate fondue.  Mmmmmm...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls!!!!  We have melting pot here in MN - so I may end up at Lulu's anyways - but I love the melting pot, so we'll see. 

Im so excited!!!  Thanks again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just google-ing wormsloe plantation, I LOVE it, but getting in touch with the site manager has been a pain!! How was your wedding? Do you have pics?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards