New Jersey

My Wedding Reviews!

My reviews (a little late since my wedding was in May haha)

Wilshire Grand (West Orange) A++++++:
  I cannot say enough great things about the Wilshire.  In case most people stop reading the reviews since there is a lot here, I would like to say definitely stop by the Wilshire.  They did a lot of improvements (not that they needed to) which include new tiling on the bars, brand new uplighting in the ballroom, and pavers placed for the aisle outdoors.  From beginning to end they were amazing.  We dealt with John Bowes, if I ever called for him and he wasn’t available, he always returned my phone calls that day and always promptly responded to my emails.  He worked with us to get an amazing price and I felt comfortable throughout the whole process.  I currently live in MD, but every time I was up in NJ for wedding business he met me at the Wilshire and would show me around again and kept me updated on everything they were doing at the Wilshire.   The whole day the staff waited on us hand and foot.   We barely had to ask anything of them because before we could think of it, it was already done!  I love them!!!  The dinner was exceptional and people couldn't stop talking about the cocktail hour and the viennese hour! PM if you have any questions about them  http://www.thewilshiregrandcaterers.com/

Plan it with Deb A+++++:  http://www.planitwithdebs.com/ Deb was the best decision we could have made.  Like I said, I’m living in MD now and it would have been too hard the day of to do the last minute things at the venue.   I crafted a million things that needed to go to our wedding for setup.  Deb handled it all and met with us a couple times to go through all of the details.  She called me and kept me up to speed and answered all my emails when I needed her.  And her price was pretty damn good too! 

Joe’s Limo A+:  Our limo driver was so sweet and accommodating.  We did a reveal  in the park and the bridesmaids went on ahead of me to take pictures.  Only to find out that I had no one to help me with my dress to keep it from dragging and getting wrinkled.  Haha the limo driver walked with me through the park to help with my dress!  Such a sweetheart :o)

Rain Florist B-:  My flowers were fine.  They were beautiful and stayed healthy and full the whole time.  However, I thought the bouquet would have been bigger, including my bridesmaids.   Plus, we added a centerpiece to our archway and it looked like cheap ugly flowers.  I thought they were going to be roses like my bouquet, but they looked like crappy daisies with green weeds in them.   We got an good deal because someone knew them, but honestly… I was pretty pissed about the archway.

Palermo’s   B:  Cake was good, but not amazing.  I have had better.  It was included with our venue, but I had a really cute (simple) design I wanted and when I showed them the picture they told me it would be $400!!!! Good god, its just icing!!! And they had the shape cutters to do it (they brought it out for me to see) so they would literally just have to stick it on.  Once we heard the price, we settled for a design they already make, but I was kinda disappointed.

Snapshot Photobooths:  A:  My attendant was amazing and really got everyone into it!  He was so funny and so nice!  :o) I highly recommend their company as they were super responsive from beginning to end.  The final product was amazing!  The only reason I'm not giving them an A+ is because I thought their prices weren’t that great.  I tried negotiating but I barely go anywhere.  BUT they were worth every cent I paid. 
http://www.snapshotphotobooths.com/

Villanovisions Videographer:  A+:  Loved our video & the highlight video!   I literally can’t stop smiling.  It was a last minute decision on our part to get a videographer, and as soon as we met Rob, we knew we made the right choice!    www.villanovisions.com/">http://www.villanovisions.com/Photography:  Theacreative A++++:  From our engagement photos to our wedding photos I have been shocked and amazed!  She and her husband are so easy to work with and capture every moment perfectly.  We were never posed and told what to do, it was just a natural flow with them.  Our pictures look great and I can’t wait to see our album :o)  l.o.v.e. them!  http://theacreative.com/

Dash of Class A+++ : Vito was hands down one of the best decisions we have ever made in our life! My husband is from a large Italian family (many that came from Italy for the wedding as well) and we wanted someone that was familiar with Italian music and customs. Vito nailed it- the dance floor was packed all night. He spoke Italian to our guests when appropriate and kept everyone moving all night. People are still talking about our DJ :o)   We also got a percussionist for the night- totally worth it!!

Etsy:   (All A+++):  Jeweled flower (JMGJewelDesign),  Flowergirl hair flower (annapanik),  Luminary table numbers (MasonRabbitsPaperie), garter (plainNfancy), Bridesmaid wristlets (maddiekayhandbags),  Wine glasses for BM’s (FizzyArtist)

ETA: to include the the photobooth, and updated the food info in the Wilshire :o)

image 291 Invited
image 140 Ready to Party image 14 Fail image137 testing my patience
RSVP Date: April 30

Re: My Wedding Reviews!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  Do you want them added to the vendor review site and, if so, with or without your knottie name?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Babycakes SEBabycakes SE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-reviews-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:70abaea4-b90b-43a5-803c-9c74e0908c30Post:6ad329c3-7fb7-4848-9022-89154cec0fee">Re: My Wedding Reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reviews!  Do you want them added to the vendor review site and, if so, with or without your knottie name?
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]

Yep, please post them to the site, my knottie name is fine to use.  thanks!  BTW, I added our DJ in there too, can't believe I forgot him! haha

image 291 Invited
  • NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad you loved Debs. We are using her too and LOVE love her already!
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review- we're using Villanovisions as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review.

Ugh - Florentine Garden's House Baker is Palermo's. Kinda annoying that the cake wasn't good - can't wait to see what they're going to charge for a fondant upgrade. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I'm having my wedding reception at the Atrium, and Palermo's is the bakery they use.  When I went for my cake tasting at Palermo's, I was told it would be $900 for a fondant upgrade.  If I just wanted a buttercream frosted cake with a fondant bow draped on the cake, it would be $275.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-reviews-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:70abaea4-b90b-43a5-803c-9c74e0908c30Post:cce46423-dd4d-4492-abfb-e5e7edb023a7">Re: My Wedding Reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding reception at the Atrium, and Palermo's is the bakery they use.  When I went for my cake tasting at Palermo's, I was told it would be $900 for a fondant upgrade.  If I just wanted a buttercream frosted cake with a fondant bow draped on the cake, it would be $275.
    Posted by wmelis1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks - $900 is a bit excessive especially for something that's going to be cut into and eaten. Probably will wind up doing the bow (and some bling) though.</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Babycakes SEBabycakes SE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-reviews-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:70abaea4-b90b-43a5-803c-9c74e0908c30Post:cc685c78-5fc0-4f13-8c87-976f1377ab10">Re: My Wedding Reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the review. Ugh - Florentine Garden's House Baker is Palermo's. Kinda annoying that the cake wasn't good - can't wait to see what they're going to charge for a fondant upgrade. 
    Posted by LissyM83[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad.  It was just annoying that we could deviate from their premade selections and if we did it was a ridiculous up-charge.  The cake was good, but not phenomenal.  I heard people raving about the other desserts at the wedding, but I never heard anyone comment on the wedding cake.  Haha I don't want you to worry, it tasted fine- and for a "free" cake it did the job. 

Definitely go for a tasting- and you can ask for a glass of milk ;op  they will pack up the leftovers to bring home with you too.  So thats a small plus.

(and just an fyi, we went with Vanilla cake with oreo filling, vanilla cake with canoli filling, and then two layers of chocolate with Baccio (sp?) filling.) 

image 291 Invited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards