Christian Weddings

Be praying for FI

A friend of Fi's committed suicide and Fi is very upset over this. I'm not sure on details of when he died or why. All I know is that he did it himself. It comes as a shock to Fi because he wasn't the kind of person to do that. He left behind a wife, two daughters and a church family that will greatly miss him. Fi isn't talking much to me right now but I'm hoping he will open up. I will post this on the prayer board as well. Be praying for everyone who knew this man and for his family. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Be praying for FI

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry, Leah. Give your FI time. He's grieving and everyone grieves differently. He may never want to talk about it with you, or he may want to talk about it in a few hours, days, weeks, or months. Every person is different. Just keep loving him. It'll be okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just replied in the prayer thread but I wanted to echo it again here -- I'm praying for the family and friends of the guy who passed to find healing and peace. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that. I had a close friend of mine take his life about 4.5 years ago. It is very, very difficult. I was similar in reaction as your FI, where I shut down to a lot of people for a while, and I thin kthat is pretty common in situations like this. Just keep reaching out to him and showing him support. That is the best you can do and even if it doesn't seem like it, it will definitely help him. Many T&Ps to you, your FI and those close to the man who died.
  • edited December 2011
    I saw this is the prayer thread. So sorry! I will pray... 
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for his family and friends... :(

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I'll definitely keep you and your FI and his friend's family in my prayers. *Hugs*
  • edited December 2011
    He's doing a lot better now. He hasn't talked much about it but that's fine by me. He's no longer shutting me out and I think he will feel better when we go to the viewing and the funeral. Thanks for all the prayers!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards