New Jersey
Options

help with location!!

can anyone recommend a nj beach resort/ hotel that holds wedding ceremony and reception on the beach??

Re: help with location!!

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ocean Place in Long Branch

There are a bunch of other places in Long Branch that aren't beach resorts but are very close to hotels. 

We went to a wedding at McLoone's Pier House last year.  I wasn't a huge fan to be honest, but one thing to note is that if you have your ceremony there there will be lots of onlookers.  There were at least a hundred randoms on the pier watching.  Not intimate, if that's what you're looking for.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if $ isn't a factor then look into Mallard Island Yacht Club or Bonnet Island Estate
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    White Sands in Pt. Pleasant
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bonnet Island is beautiful. I hear mixed reviews of Mallard Island.

The Seashell in Beach Haven does do weddings
    http://www.seashelllbi.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, Karma.  Can you please share? I have a friend of a friend getting married there
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard just where the ceremony is you hear the cars whizzing by and it is very windy at the location
    My FMIL said the food was great, someone else I know said for a different wedding said the food was so-so
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karma, that's good to know. Thanks! Personally, I don't know how people could pay a $20k site fee alone prior to catering but if you can, good for you I guess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at McLoone's Pierhouse in Long Branch.  We were warned when we chose there that there would be onlookers, but that's fine with me!  If I wanted to keep my ceremony a secret I wouldn't have chosen to have it outside!!!
  • Options
    dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Merri-Maker's at the Water's Edge in Sea Bright on September 25th. We're having our ceremony on the beach and then the reception indoors. I don't think it gets very positive reviews on here, but they've been nothing but helpful and we're getting a lot.

Also look at Windows on the Water in Sea Bright. That was the first place we looked at and the outside area was beautiful, but the room for the reception was small and the dance floor was set up strangely. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards