Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bachellorete Party guests

Is it ok to invite someone to your bachellorete party who might not be invited to the wedding?  I am friends with this girl I work with, but I don't know if we'll be able to invite her to the wedding due to space but would like her to celebrate at the party with me. 

Re: Bachellorete Party guests

• No. You cannot invite anyone to a pre wedding party that's not invited to the wedding.
  • No, a bach party is a pre- wedding event. Only invite people who you know will be invited to the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No, it is not nice to have someone come celebrate with you and then not be invited to the thing they were celebrating.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No, it is not nice to have someone come celebrate with you and then not be invited to the thing they were celebrating.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No.  Anyone invited to a pre- or post-wedding party must be invited to the wedding.

The only exception is work-related showers given by co-workers.
  • I have been invited to 2 bachelorette parties where I wasn't invited to the wedding. In both situations, I would not have expected to be invited to the wedding because they were just acquaintences. However, it did feel a little weird to sit at a dinner where people were talking about wedding day things.

In both situations, I was invited by another friend in the bridal party who told me the bride said to bring whoever they want. I really just saw it as a night out. I would have been more bothered by it if the wedding was for a friend I spoke with and I was left wondering why I was left out of the wedding.

If I have a b-party, everyone there will also have been invited to the wedding. I can't think of a reason why I'd want a person at the b-party, but not the wedding.
  • I think doing this gives the message that the person is fun to party with, but not close enough to be invited to the wedding. Personally, I'd be offended if I was invited to one but not the other. It's best to only invite her if she's also invited to the wedding to avoid any awkwardness or hurt feelings.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards