Latino Weddings

Plans?

So we kinda died down a bit lol. Though the GTKY poll was a really great idea Cynthia, really pulled in more people than I expected!! Lol :)

Anyway, it's Easter soon isn't it? We're on Holy Week here, so I get kinda lost on dates. Either way, anybody have any plans? We have Thursday and Friday off so we're heading to the beach with some friends! I'm psyched!! :)

What about you girlies?

Re: Plans?

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried...It was successful for one thread...For Easter here is my schedule:

Friday: Off from work I will be baking some cookies
    Saturday:  We're going to my cousin's to make our infamous fritatta
    Sunday: Easter lunch at my mom's, Easter supper at my uncle's
    Monday: Digest....
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha! I LOVE your schedule! I think we've all establised we adore food haha! What kind of cookies are you making??
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're a recipe my grandmother used to make.  They're shaped and decorated like Easter eggs but I have no idea what actual cookie it is lol
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter's day care is closed on Good Friday. I may take her to see "Rio" on Friday or Saturday. My DH's only days off will be Thursday and Sunday. So we are going to church and then home. I'm not sure if my MIL is cooking a big Easter dinner.
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be at church, since its holy week and all. I'm a youth minister at my parish, and I'm pretty involved in church. So Holy Thursday I will be participating in the washing of the feet. Good Friday I'll be participating in Stations of the Cross. Then Saturday is Easter Vigil, and Then Easter Sunday. I love this time of year in the church, its special to me because I received my sacraments two years ago this Easter Vigil.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We dont get off on Friday ... boo!!  We get out early so a few co-workers and I are going out for drinks bc its my birthday on Saturday...yay! Last one in my 20's - eeek!  Plans for Saturday????....pack! Yes we're moving. I also managed to schedule us for couples pictures that day - since we didnt do engagement pics these will serve the same purpose.  Dinner and cake with family and more packing on Sunday.  Easter egg hunt for the nieces &* nephews....should be fun mixed in with a lot of productiveness.  Other than pics not much wedding planning getting done.

Well at lot has happened for us - I got a job in TX so I gave notice at my current job that I'm leaving NY/NJ at the end of April.  We're packing up the moving truck on the 28th, driving down and hope to be there by that Friday 29th.  Move into our apt Saturday (30th) and I start my new job on the 2nd.  Its going to be crazy!  But the upside is I'll be able to plan the last two month before the wedding locally instead of from a LONG distance...with my mom, sisters, and friends! YAY!

Uhmmm I didnt mean to write so much but I guess I have a lot on my mind.  Hoping to get a haircut tonight :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:86e3b623-5bb5-4aa1-995b-9a94aac7f61aPost:d941934f-d206-431b-a0ed-e250783eba44">Re: Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We dont get off on Friday ... boo!!  We get out early so a few co-workers and I are going out for drinks bc its my birthday on Saturday...yay! Last one in my 20's - eeek!  Plans for Saturday????....pack! Yes we're moving. I also managed to schedule us for couples pictures that day - since we didnt do engagement pics these will serve the same purpose.  Dinner and cake with family and more packing on Sunday.  Easter egg hunt for the nieces &* nephews....should be fun mixed in with a lot of productiveness.  Other than pics not much wedding planning getting done. Well at lot has happened for us - I got a job in TX so I gave notice at my current job that I'm leaving NY/NJ at the end of April.  We're packing up the moving truck on the 28th, driving down and hope to be there by that Friday 29th.  Move into our apt Saturday (30th) and I start my new job on the 2nd.  Its going to be crazy!  But the upside is I'll be able to plan the last two month before the wedding locally instead of from a LONG distance...with my mom, sisters, and friends! YAY! Uhmmm I didnt mean to write so much but I guess I have a lot on my mind.  Hoping to get a haircut tonight :)
    Posted by JACKIE_RS88[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's a big move! Besides distance, I'd also say culture wise. Are you excited??

P.S. Happy early birthday!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards