Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Question -

So i have a very large family and a majority of them are coming from out of town and will be at the rehearsal dinner.  I would say at least 70 people from my side of the family will be at the dinner.  My fiance has a very small family and they are all local... about 10 -15 people, including his parents and grandma.  So my question is, should his fmaily be invited to the rehearsal dinner even though they are local?  I was thinking I should invite them because there arent that many of them and I dont want his parents to feel left out since they really wont know anyone.  What are your thoughts?  Hope that wasn't too confusing.  Thanks. 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question -

• Options
    Might as well.
  • Options
    I don't get why they wouldn't be invited.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just under the impression that only out of towners come to rehearsal dinner, but didnt think it was a big deal to add 15 more people... just wanted other opinions.  Thanks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rehearsal-dinner-question-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39996c8e-8200-464d-bf8f-d23e3cc820cdPost:f660b76b-ea41-478b-9594-bab7cb28b77e">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question -</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why they wouldn't be invited.
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]

Because they're local. RD = wedding party participants and immediate family. Some people also do OOT guests.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    If it's going to be a gigantor thing, I don't think having 15 extra people would be that big of a deal.
  • Options
    <div style="text-align:left;">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rehearsal-dinner-question-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:39996c8e-8200-464d-bf8f-d23e3cc820cdPost:479e8c63-7257-4b1d-bcbd-611b34230051">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question -</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question - : Because they're local. RD = wedding party participants and immediate family. Some people also do OOT guests.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Okay...sorry it's not customary to do RD in Canada, Montreal anyway.  I still don't get why they wouldn't be invited if she's inviting all of her OOTs when it's supposed to be immediate family.  She did say those 10-15 people include his parents and grandparents which to me is immediate family...  Maybe I'm just reading this wrong...My opinion still stands:  Invite them.
    </div><div style="text-align:left;">
    </div>
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd invite them so that your FILs don't feel totally overwhelmed by your guests.
  • Options
    OP, how big is your wedding?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes, invite them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would like 150 people at the most but as of now its looking more like 180-200.  
  • Options

Your Rehersal dinner is usually for people in the wedding party and immediate family...some people go the distance and do the OOT people but you don't have to.  I found it kind of nerve racking that you want all your OOT people there but not you're FI local family which included important family members.  If you're on a budget keep it to only the wedding party and people like Mom, dad, grandma,  and grandpa.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards