Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

FI wants to dance during Daddy/Daughter Song

Heya Ladies!

Just looking for opinions here.

My Dad and I will be dancing to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland for our dance, but my FI wants to do his Mother/Son dance to the song as well. I feel this is inappropriate as the song is not a MOther/Son kinda song.  Am I being overly sensetive or should he and his mom find their own song?

Re: FI wants to dance during Daddy/Daughter Song

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you & your Dad are dancing to Heartland I think your FI & Mom should pick another song. I think it would be wierd to have it played twice for such sentimental & special dances.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, the song wouldn't be played twice. He'd just do his dance at the same time. I just felt the lyrics where inappropriate
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're being overly sensitive, personally I would want my dad and I to have our dance by ourselves. If he's adament about dancing to the song as well it's probably not a battle worth fighting but if he's willing to find a different song then I would ask him to.
  • Options
    Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though I agree that the song is not appropriate for the mother/son dance, I can see why FI wants to do his dance at the same time. FI and his mom will be dancing at the same time as myself and  my dad. The reason for this is simply because FI and FMIL aren't comfortable dancing by themselves. They are very reserved and we felt dancing together would take some pressure off. We have selected a song that is not specific to one couple or the other. Maybe you should ask FI why he wants to dance at the same time as you and your dad?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It wiill be something you both will have to agree on. If you want to do a song together, then a different song would probably be more appropriate. My FI and I are actually looking for a song that would work for both together! lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards