Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

Re: B&M Monday

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bobbieleigh,
    Take it as a good sign. 

This is more of a flame too but, just because we have three friends in common from Channel 4 does not mean you and I should be FB friends.  I don't even know you.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about the grandmothers, and feel for the stolen items from nursing homes (we went through that with 2 of my grandparent's nursing homes).

• edited December 2011
    I join you all in the Monday and Cold wagon...

I forgot my lunch!!! It was so yummy.... It sucks

I went to talk to my boss about me leaving tomorrow... it is almost impossible :(
    I am so sad... He says he is going to try to talk to human resources but vacation needs to be approved a week in advance! man I feel so down now.. I was looking forward to this and next week I have so much going on I don't think I an leave.. I amp raying this will change later today.
  • edited December 2011
    B&M: we're expecting a blizzard.  I wore sweater boots today, so I hope it does indeed come late as predicted.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so ready to B&M today!

Ditto to everyone who hates the cold!  Can't it just be spring already?

My save the dates went out and there are people at work (ironically they are mostly guys) who are upset that they did not get one.  I can't invite everyone form there!  They all can't take off or there will be no one to work that day.  Plus, I have a feeling they just want to come for the free beer. :/

I got home from a tough 10 1/2 hour shift last night to find out that my uncle was in the hospital.  He has global congestive heart failure.  :(

During said shift, I had a table with two people at it.  When they were finished with their meal I asked if their check was going to be together or separate (as I do with every table).  When I came back the man asked me "why in the H3LL would you ask a man and his wife if they wanted separate checks?"  The woman then said, "There is a ring on my finger, you should know that we want our checks together."  I apologized and explained that I ask that with every table just to make sure.  He flat out said, "No you don't."  I then explained that, yes, we are trained to ask that.  Again he told me that, "That's not in your training."  They asked to speak to a manager.  They told my manager that I was discriminating against them because they were an interracial couple.  They got their meal comped.  I was so upset!  I did nothing wrong!  And to top it all off, the manager was talking to them as if I did something wrong!  He didn't even tell the man that it was, in fact, in our training to ask for separate checks.  I understand that they may have had some people disapprove of them, but I didn't.  I don't care about things like that.  They just automatically assumed that I did.  Yell

And to top it all off, I woke up this morning with my lymphnodes the size of golf balls.  I don't wanna move today....

*sigh* I think I feel better now...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
    I just had this mom call to set up her sons appointment.  That is usually my first sign.  The latest appointment we have is at 3:30 pm once a week  Her son is still in high school.  So according to this mom, "because you don't have anything after 3:30pm then I guess my son just doesn't get to go to college? THANKS A LOT" and hung up on me.  This wonderful insight came on her 4th phone call to me within 5 minutes. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:1efe6a39-fdce-46a8-86d5-8773e35523db">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]During said shift, I had a table with two people at it.  When they were finished with their meal I asked if their check was going to be together or separate (as I do with every table).  When I came back the man asked me "why in the H3LL would you ask a man and his wife if they wanted separate checks?"  The woman then said, "There is a ring on my finger, you should know that we want our checks together."  I apologized and explained that I ask that with every table just to make sure.  He flat out said, "No you don't."  I then explained that, yes, we are trained to ask that.  Again he told me that, "That's not in your training."  They asked to speak to a manager.  They told my manager that I was discriminating against them because they were an interracial couple.  They got their meal comped.  I was so upset!  I did nothing wrong!  And to top it all off, the manager was talking to them as if I did something wrong!  He didn't even tell the man that it was, in fact, in our training to ask for separate checks.  I understand that they may have had some people disapprove of them, but I didn't.  I don't care about things like that.  They just automatically assumed that I did.   Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely ridiculous.  Why would you assume that since they are both wearing a wedding ring that they are married to each other?  I go to lunch with one of my co-workers a lot and we are both married, so we both have rings on and we are always asked if our check is together or separate. I'm glad they ask and don't assume we are married to each other.
  • edited December 2011
    NathanandJordan - Ugh!!  I go to eat with other married people sometimes.  They wear their rings too... that doesn't mean they are my husband!

People are just stupid.
  • edited December 2011
    How low of a person do you really have to be to steal from a nursing home?  They really are losers. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:effe79a9-43e8-413c-a1da-9589416b25a0">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had this mom call to set up her sons appointment.  That is usually my first sign.  The latest appointment we have is at 3:30 pm once a week  Her son is still in high school.  So according to this mom, "because you don't have anything after 3:30pm then I guess my son just doesn't get to go to college? THANKS A LOT" and hung up on me.  This wonderful insight came on her 4th phone call to me within 5 minutes. 
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

I guess he doesn't, since he can't leave school early for one day to meet about his future.  He probably won't ever leave far from home anyway with that umbilical (sp) cord still attached.
  • edited December 2011
    NathanandJordan -- This is stupid but I understand. We had a mom and daughter come in. When they fill out the HIPAA forms I have to ask the relationship. She got totally offended because she was white and the kid was asian. I honestly barely noticed that, but I guess she got it all the time and took it offensively. I just apologized and told her it was an automatic question I ask. She just signed the papers and stormed off. It's stupid!

Giselle-- You can take off.. Just tell your boss you'll take the point and go! If it's not a week in advance they give you a point and as long as you don't get 6 in a year you are fine. Best of luck. They can be annoying.
  • edited December 2011
    NathanandJordan:  That is absolutely ridiculous!  Some people....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:5c32a4e3-859d-4e95-ac2e-dd2ddd3f4e1c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : I guess he doesn't, since he can't leave school early for one day to meet about his future.  He probably won't ever leave far from home anyway with that umbilical (sp) cord still attached.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

You're doing them a favor--if they have to be there earlier in the day then they'll miss that afternoon traffic that I love so much!

Actually, though, you probably just ruined that kid's life. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:d089c215-a9cb-48d0-8d64-b7f8c9f7cf68">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : You're doing them a favor--if they have to be there earlier in the day then they'll miss that afternoon traffic that I love so much! Actually, though, you probably just ruined that kid's life. 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be the first.

Probably won't be the last either.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:faeda852-5efc-433a-b7f3-8f78d4dfa4d6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Just tell her the parking lot isn't big enough for her helicopter.  Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

Oh snap.  You girls are on top of your game today.  I am impressed.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:faeda852-5efc-433a-b7f3-8f78d4dfa4d6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Just tell her the parking lot isn't big enough for her helicopter.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

Haha!!  Hilarious.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:faeda852-5efc-433a-b7f3-8f78d4dfa4d6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Just tell her the parking lot isn't big enough for her helicopter.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

I almost just sprayed crackers all over my room.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( giselle

I wish FED EX would hurry up and get here so I can go to lunch!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    So I just called fat by some random guy in our breakroom.  Never seen this guy before.  Ok he didn't flat out say fat but I was heating up my lunch and he saw it and asked how many calories were in my meal.  I looked at the back and said 310 and he said maybe I shouldn't be eating that and that there are salads in the cafetria.  A$$!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:9064faa5-01a6-4ba0-9225-ba7eeacd0d64">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I just called fat by some random guy in our breakroom.  Never seen this guy before.  Ok he didn't flat out say fat but I was heating up my lunch and he saw it and asked how many calories were in my meal.  I looked at the back and said 310 and he said maybe I shouldn't be eating that and that there are salads in the cafetria.  A$$!!!!!
    Posted by danac2010[/QUOTE]

OH No he sure didn't.  What a complete jerk.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:9064faa5-01a6-4ba0-9225-ba7eeacd0d64">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I just called fat by some random guy in our breakroom.  Never seen this guy before.  Ok he didn't flat out say fat but I was heating up my lunch and he saw it and asked how many calories were in my meal.  I looked at the back and said 310 and he said maybe I shouldn't be eating that and that there are salads in the cafetria.  A$$!!!!!

Say what?
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I overslept this morning, then when I left the house, my car was out of gas. And I actually enjoy cold weather, but we open Peter Pan on Thursdays and have dress rehearsals every night before then. And it's waaay out in Celina. And if I can't make it there, nobody else is prepared to conduct the orchestra. Ugh.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Subway today for lunch, I just found out they no longer do "Sub of The Day"...lovely.

I ordered and when I got back to the office I realized they messed up my order completely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I just found out that I am most likely going to be without a car for the next 3-5 days because of the insurance company/police department are failing to coordinate with each other.

Awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:4e46967b-9474-4ac1-9b00-ec9699d473e2">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Subway today for lunch, I just found out they no longer do "Sub of The Day"...lovely.  
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

Strange, the one in Addison still does it.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:2ba1228d-b8db-4525-866f-c289a07298ad">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Strange, the one in Addison still does it.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

We don't have the Sub of the Day but all those that were featured are now just $2.49 everyday.
  • edited December 2011

Jerk! What did you say?
  • edited December 2011
    Dana - You should have advised him that the majority of salads have a lot more than 300 calories.

What an ass.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My work announced that if Plano ISD is closed, we are too.

FINGERS CROSSED
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:41dfa5fd-66af-4732-bc43-26459a4f4fc5">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My work announced that if Plano ISD is closed, we are too. FINGERS CROSSED  Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Are you at your new job yet? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards