Florida-South Florida

Beach venue in Ft. Lauderdale / West Palm Beach area

I am flying down the Florida next month to visit my sister and choose a wedding venue.

I'm looking for a venue on the beach (the whole "barefoot on the beach" route). Any suggestions? I'm looking for anywhere in the Ft. Lauderdale / West Palm Beach area (and anywhere around there: Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, etc); I'm pretty flexible.

I'm fine with a "wedding package" place too.

I've looked at a few places online, but figured the locals might be able to help me out better! 

I'll probably only have time to look at 3-4 venues while I'm there, and I need to pick one right then!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimageimage

Re: Beach venue in Ft. Lauderdale / West Palm Beach area

• edited December 2011
    Abby -

I have an in with a great place - email me 1991colonels@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Jupiter Beach resort is fabulous. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Delray Beach Marriott
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    the Sea Gate Hotel in Delray Beach
  • edited December 2011
    I second Jupiter Beach Resort... I'll be staying the night of my wedding and getting ready there.  Singer Island Resort is nice too
  • edited December 2011
    im having mine at the Seagate Beach Blub in Delray. Its the whole barefoot on the beach.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dottieann18Dottieann18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls,
    I too am searching for a Ft Lauderdale venue. I'm in NJ and trying to plan a DW. I think FL is the farthest we can go if we want anyone to show up! LOL This has been very helpful. Any thoughts on the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort? Heard it's nice, but have to make the same trip Abby's going to decide. Food is a big deal to my fam so it will have to be good and plentiful. thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking for a rehearsal dinner place in the same area---anyone with ideas? We'd like something casual, but with a beach/Florida feel. The wedding is in Coral Springs.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_beach-venue-ft-lauderdale-west-palm-beach-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:162f4808-d605-4c80-8bca-2ee23c7f788dPost:2b08bd89-d383-41cf-b17c-b907d7f60043">Re: Beach venue in Ft. Lauderdale / West Palm Beach area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi girls, I too am searching for a Ft Lauderdale venue. I'm in NJ and trying to plan a DW. I think FL is the farthest we can go if we want anyone to show up! LOL This has been very helpful. Any thoughts on the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort? Heard it's nice, but have to make the same trip Abby's going to decide. Food is a big deal to my fam so it will have to be good and plentiful. thanks again!
    Posted by Dottieann18[/QUOTE]

OMG I'm a NYC bride planning a Ft Lauderdale DW!  FH & I are going in 16 days to be exact to pick out a ceremony location & reception site.  We're staying at the Westin.  BUt as of right now my ceremony locations are between there & the Hilton.  I really liked the Marriot Harbor Beach but i found them to be very expensive and more then what i wanted to pay for ceremony fees and to stay per night.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards