Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone around tonight?

I finally get internet in my apartment and it's dead here! 

I might go out with some high-school friends tonight. We went out last night. It was fun but a little odd since the last time I'd seen a few of them I was 17. 

What are you ladies up to tonight? 

Re: Anyone around tonight?

• I am going out for frozen yogurt with some friends, and then coming back to my roasting, no air-conditioned house to bake pies and cupcakes for the 4th of July. Isn't that a great idea?
  • I am here...still.  I haven't moved off the couch all day.

• I'm around.  Just finishing getting stuff ready for my SILs shower tomorrow, diaper cake is done, champagne/orange juice bought, ingredients for other punch bought...
    did you know I can NOT find blue powdered kool aid mix anywhere?  i went to about 5 stores and no one has it.  i need that to make my cute punch.
    Photobucket
  • Baney, no thanks. 

KJB, I cannot believe that. What about blue gatorade powder? Probably not quite the same, huh?
  • Everyone must be dying their hair blue this summer. haha
  • Hey all.  I'm beat.  Spent the morning moving furniture into the new place.  Going out fire spinning in a very short while.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Ah! You moved furniture today?! I hope it wasn't scorching there. 
  • bay way too hot to move furniture and spin fire!
  • It was quite hot to be moving furniture.

It's never too hot to spin fire.  We did it last year in 104 degrees.  Admittedly, as I've said before, it was less "spinning fire" and more "lying on the grass drenching ourselves in ice water and daring each other to light up and go."

• Bay you're a fire spinner?? LOVE

I'm at MIL's house...dinner soon. It looks like we may have power back so we'll probably head home after dinner. Here's some photos of the storm aftermath. My poor fence...

This is where the fence smoosher came from:

Neighbor behind us got a tree to the roof:

• adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:eae9ff0e-9896-47be-bb56-5c78b9d4a56a">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone must be dying their hair blue this summer. haha
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally did this the first day of 9th grade.  I had sweet red streaks, and then it started raining at the end of the day and I had koolaid running down my head.  Thank goodness I was wearing black that day.</div><div>
    </div><div>We ended up not moving the palm tree, but we did a shiiit load of other yard work and I got all scraped up.  We got some more stuff over to storage and now we need to clean.  Neither of us feels like it though.  I'm trying to get H to agree to go out to dinner.</div>
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Holy crap Daff! 

• We're going to a cookout. DH is drinking, I'm driving. So, we're off for the night.

Have fun girls!

P&R. ;)
  • That's some scary stuff, Daff.  Stay safe!

I'm off for now, back later tonight!

• Dinner time! Be back later.
  • Hello!

I was planning on getting drinks and dinner with some friends, but I've been in a bad mood all day and wasn't feeling up to it. It's been raining all day long and I just want to sleep. 

Daff, that is scary stuff. We went through a period of time a few years ago where every time there was a thunderstorm, a branch or tree was down in our yard. We lost maybe 4 small trees in a year? It's annoying. 
  • Chrome is acting like a piece of shiiit and it's pissing me off.  I need pinterest!  My mom is letting me turn her old dresser into my craft storage, and I can't decide how I want to refinish it.  I keep picturing it turquoise in my head, but I can't figure out if I want to antique it or what.

• For a fleeting moment, I almost called my mom to see if she wanted to come over and go swimming tomorrow.  Then I remembered that our condo is a mess, and I don't want anyone to see it!
  • Leisel, have you AWed pictures?  You are really freaking pretty.

• Adamar, thank you! I put a mini AW (which ended up being not so mini, but eh) in an afternoon thread a day or two ago...our pro pics aren't going to be ready for another few weeks but I was itching to share some. And then as soon as I finished posting it all everyone had moved on to the evening thread so I kind of look like a loser, haha. But here is the link if you're interested:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:24fff3fc-107f-42a3-9ecd-8da326d980a4">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For a fleeting moment, I almost called my mom to see if she wanted to come over and go swimming tomorrow.  <strong>Then I remembered that our condo is a mess, and I don't want anyone to see it!</strong>
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I do this too! </div>
  • CMG - i need it by tomorrow.  I made this punch a year ago and it never crossed my mind that I wouldn't be able to find it.  I just got some pre made blue koolaid things and that will have to suffice.  or I could use blue food coloring i suppose.
    Photobucket
  • Oh my god Daff, that's scary. I'm glad your roof is ok. I'm just relaxing tonight. I cleaned the entire house and now I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor. 
  • I had to go to Wal Mart twice today.    I was not a happy camper.
    Photobucket
  • I actually don't mind the Wal Mart by my house. Others in town are disturbing, but the one here is actually quite nice. 
  • ugh....walmart twice in one day is rough!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:be157b97-ee47-45f9-a4e0-d1fdbedcabd2">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to go to Wal Mart twice today.    I was not a happy camper.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>I can imagine you weren't! I avoid Wal Mart like the plague. That place is awful. </div>
  • Your wedding looked beautiful, Leisel!  

I can't decide what to do for dinner.  I'm not sure I'm going to be successful convincing H to go out.

• Could you convince him to order something? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards