South Carolina

So Frustrated.....

As you can see from my ticker we have about 16 months until our wedding. With that being said I wanted to have all of my vendors in place before the bridal shows started next year so I could have the vendors I wanted. This strategy has worked very well so far except with the caterer and photographer.

My potential photographer does AMAZING work and I love her personality but she is SO FORGETFUL! I requested her contract on the Wednesday before Thanksgivivng yet I still don't have it. I've reminded her twice about it. I have other photographers that are cutting me a great deal and begging for the contract (new and up and coming so they want more experience) but I don't like their photos as much.

Since we do have 16 months until the wedding should I just wait it out or have a second photographer waiting? My fear now is that I although her work is great, this is going to continue and may cause unnecessary stress as the wedding draws near. What would you guys do? Thanks for letting me vent girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So Frustrated.....

• victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm that's a hard one! I would probably wait a little bit longer to hear from the photographer that you really want... You do have enough time to wait it out a little bit. (since you do really like this paticular one!!) I hope she gets back to you soon!!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I would wait... it's the holidays... and you asked her right before Thanksgiving.. so with the holidays.. it probably slipped her mind.  This is always a busy time for everyone, so give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand it's the holidays but she keeps sending me emails that say "Oh I haven't forgotten about you" and then promises she'll have it to me by x date. Then that date passes and I never hear back from her. I wouldn't have an issue if she didn't keep promising to deliver and continually failing to do so. My Fh says to drop her and find someone else but I'm trying to be patient. She's really starting to rub me the wrong way....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I'd cut her loose. My feeling is that if she's like that now, it's not going to get better any closer to your date, and that's a stress level you're not going to need. But I'm also super type A, so controlling the situation may be a bigger issue for me than it is for you.
    Anniversary
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HA! I'm type A as well and I think that's why my horns are coming out...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cutigermikecutigermike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is like that, I wonder if she is the same one. Mine is just very busy but she has always come through. I would wait it out if you really like her. But if you find someone you like better I would move on. Good Luck!
  • chschick0124chschick0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say drop her. There are so many other photographers out there. I know you like her work, but if she really wanted the business, she would work with you. We've used ShoMore Photography out of Charleston and they are very reliable. You can see some of their work at www.shomorephotography.com. I know you have others in mind, but I figured I would throw it out there. I know her prices are reasonable also and that she travels. Good luck with what you decide. BTW, smart for planning early.
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had to drop her. She still hadn't responded and I just couldn't handle it anymore. We have sent in our deposit to another photographer and I will be sending her an email today. Hope you all have a Happy New Year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards