July 2012 Weddings

New here

Hello everyone!!  We are planning our wedding for July 7, 2012.  It will small affair (50ppl or less)  We will both be 40yrs old when we marry and this not our first wedding.  We have colors chosen and now looking at rings and dresses. 

Re: New here

• Welcome to the board! How exciting! We'll be having a small wedding as well, about 70, 80 people max. What are you wedding colors? :)
  • Welcome & Congrats on your engagement!
  • Welcome!! Tell us a bit about yourself! How did you and your FI meet? Good luck with the planning!!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!
    Welcome to the boards. Can't wait to hear about the wedding planning :)
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Congrats and welcome! (:
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • By the way I just noticed that you may have your FIs first and last names as your user name, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd advise you to not use your actual name. You know, the Internet is full of creepers! Thought I should give you a heads up!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • turquiose and navy blue are the colors.  Navy blue is an accent. 

We met online.  Neither of us were wanting a relationship, just some one to go out with on occasion.  But we fell in love.  We have been living together for almost 4yrs.  We met July 5th face to face which is why we chose the July wedding. 

There is has not been an official engagement yet.  When we get the ring then he will do the deed!! LOL  I told him he has to get on one knee. 

Because we live about 6hrs from friends and family we are keeping the wedding very small.  Our immediant families will come out and a few friends from out here. 

I want to get married at the Sa.ndhills in Monahans, Tx.  They have a small building out there you can rent for $30 for the day.  I want to get married in the evening.  Well let me say, have the ceremony.  To make it legal we will have a JP sign off on the papers, but actually my 14yr old will "MC" the ceremony.

I want the guest seated in a spiral/circular arrangement.  We will pass our rings around so the guests can say a prayer over them or send silent well wishes so by the time we put on the rings they will have been blessed by our friends and family.  My family was Quaker and a Quaker service offers a time for quests to share advice, blessings, prayers etc...  so we will incorporate that as well.  We are writing our own vows.  We are also doing a handfasting. 

We will serve finger foods and drinks.  We will actually probably go out to eat before the wedding with just our parents to have a bit of time with them.  I am not sure if our first dance will be there or if we will keep on our wedding garb and head to our favorite local bar to dance. 

Our budget is $5000 for EVERYTHING. 

Okay I think that has everyone caught up!
  • I love your ceremony seating arrangement! I saw a picture of it once and it seemed to feel very special and intimate. I'm sure it will be beautiful!
  • Congrats and Welcome!

• Congrats and welcome!  Happy planning, cant wait to hear what you are planning

• BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7d02f2a3-09a4-427f-94fe-b3f7166e522dPost:81b8beea-05cb-4846-b1fe-3a7aa2a452e6">New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone!!  We are planning our wedding for July 7, 2012.  It will small affair (50ppl or less)  We will both be 40yrs old when we marry and this not our first wedding.  We have colors chosen and now looking at rings and dresses. 
    Posted by futurejimerson[/QUOTE]

Hello!  I'm Amanda. Our wedding (July 14th)  is on the "smallish" side as well - about 70ish people. I wanted to keep it under 50 - but the list just kept growing. :p

Welcome!! I'm starting the dress search as well.

EDIT: I met FI on the internet over 10 years ago! We were just kids (Well early teens) at the time. Glad to see another internet love-match up. :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome & Congrats! It sounds like a lovely ceremony you will be having!

Anniversary
  • Welcome! Love to hear about unexpected romance :) (I met my fiance on spring break in Cabo...haha)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like a wonderful wedding idea!!!  Welcome!!
  • Thank you every one for such a warm welcome. I am excited but nervous. Not nervous about getting married but nervous about getting everything done in time. I am going ring shopping on Sat. We are looking for something unique and he works so many hours he doesn't have time. We looked at one last week we liked so I am going to admire it again!! Maybe it will be on sale???
  • Welcome! Your ceremony ideas sound lovely. I wanted a small wedding too, but FI has different ideas and a big family :)

I've been reading about Quaker weddings and they sound very special and meaningful to me. I live in Belgium and Quaker communities are very unusual (non-existent?) here, but I've been meaning to read more about it for quite a while now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am excited about having the Quaker aspect.  It will be a great way to honor my family as well have our guests involved. 
  • Congrats ! I am doing to spiral seating as well =) It seemed like such a good idea for a small intimate ceremony.
    However, I am having difficulty on seating because my Dad is remarried and my Mom is single.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7d02f2a3-09a4-427f-94fe-b3f7166e522dPost:3b312e06-1192-4f1f-965e-5db9acc9de3e">Re: New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats ! I am doing to spiral seating as well =) It seemed like such a good idea for a small intimate ceremony. However, I am having difficulty on seating because my Dad is remarried and my Mom is single.
    Posted by Erinkathleen84[/QUOTE]

Do your parents get along?  Can you do mom, dad, new wife?  For ours it will be my children first.  And honestly after that, it's every man, woman and child for themselves! LOL  Since our wedding is staying small, I don't believe any one will be offended if they aren't in the center of the spiral.  I believe some will be happier sitting whenever.  To be....they are all equals and there will be no special seating except for my teens. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards