Snarky Brides

ANY! Also other southern Knotties

Are you ok?  Are you storm-hit?  I really hope all is well...  Please let us know.

Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties

• It got pretty rough around here. I work in an automotive call center and I've taken 92 calls for tows on busted windshields and body damage.

Sorry i'm not any! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope everyone is well. I saw the news this morning. Not good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We are in TN too and not anywhere near as damaged as Arkansas or Alabama. Thank GOD! I think I've seen more tornadoes in the last month than living in Chicago my whole life!!
  • I just wanted to make sure that everyone is ok.  Glad to hear that you're doing well.

• We had tornado watches/warnings all yesterday evening and night. A few came through the county but luckily bypassed where we live. It just stormed bad where I am.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_also-other-southern-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0f98317b-4a1c-4894-a999-b0434ff361b0Post:49cad743-127b-4f26-b850-6347f3924e26">Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are in TN too and not anywhere near as damaged as Arkansas or Alabama. Thank GOD! I think I've seen more tornadoes in the last month than living in Chicago my whole life!!
    Posted by clignan[/QUOTE]

Did you deal with the flooding in Nashville last year?  We got it bad then.

Here is wet, very wet.  There are a couple of new ponds in some fields, a few roads shut down, a few trees out of place, but nothing like last year.

ETA: Clarity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    OOTB - which part of NC are you in?

ETA: Our tornado watch just got extended until 2 pm.  But so far nothing but a bit of wind here.
  • Sadly, 7 people have been killed here in VA and where it hit is about 30mins from our house.   We are under a tornado watch until 3pm here.

Fingers crossed ;)

• Pirate - I live in Chapel Hill. We have been sooo lucky the past 2 weeks. So many horrible storms have hit very nearby and we've been spared of most of it. Where are you at?
  • Currently Raleigh, but I live right by RDU. 
  • I feel like such a dumbass.  Since I've been on spring break, I haven't turned the news on once and I had no idea about the storms.  I hope everyone's okay!
  • Nates - it's okay. I didn't even realize this line of storms was coming until I woke up this morning to a text from CCF asking if I was okay.  I was all, what tornados? That's so last week. 

• It's been insane here--beautiful the past few days, then dark and really windy today.  I went to take the dog out and in the minute it took me to throw on shoes, there was a torrential downpour.  It lightened up, then came down like crazy again.  It's crazy!

Stay safe, Pirate! And everyone else in storm areas!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_also-other-southern-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0f98317b-4a1c-4894-a999-b0434ff361b0Post:6bbb8d16-4632-4a50-a1b7-2d4431e45f85">Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's been insane here--beautiful the past few days, then dark and really windy today.  I went to take the dog out and in the minute it took me to throw on shoes, there was a torrential downpour.  It lightened up, then came down like crazy again.  It's crazy! Stay safe, Pirate! And everyone else in storm areas!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>Nates, we're on tornado-watch today until midnight!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Damn! I thought it seemed pretty gusty out there.  A few years ago we had that really bad one--17 was filled with tree branches.  Pretty scary. 
  • No damage here! We had the sirens go off for a bit, but I think most of the bad stuff was to the north east of us. On the plus side, it's totally gorgeous right now.
  • I keep getting texts from UNC informing me of the tornado warnings.

Pirate - very nearby. Not to be all stalkerish but, in your bio are the pics of you and FI at the state park from Stone Mountain park? The stone background looks familar. Also, my FI's name is Andrew too.
  • I love stone mountain :) Actually the pic with the rock behind us is from Appalachian Ski mtn.  It's at the top of their bunny slope, H had never skiied before. The one where I'm in a pink shirt is from Goose Creek State Park.
  • Gotcha. One of FI and mine first serious dates was hiking at Stone Mountain. I love it there.

More storm warnings. Not any too close to me though. The dog can tell something is odd though. He's agitated.
  • GAAH sorry for the post and run.
    wrkn925: i didn't live here for the flood. my BIL said his work was closed for like a month though because the basement was flooded in his office downtown.
  • The sirens went off last night for a bit but we are fine. They said a tornado touched down about 10 miles south of here and was heading this way but I think it switched direction. I didn't thing tornadoes came this high up in the mountains, guess I was wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_also-other-southern-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0f98317b-4a1c-4894-a999-b0434ff361b0Post:98c45e3d-f1c9-4876-8e5b-0afe3c2c6209">Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]The sirens went off last night for a bit but we are fine. They said a tornado touched down about 10 miles south of here and was heading this way but I think it switched direction. I didn't thing tornadoes came<strong> this high up in the mountains, guess I was wrong.
    </strong>Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

What's your elevation there?

My parents live in the Colorado mountains and in the mid-late 1980's there was a tornado that touched down and skittered along the ground for about a quarter of a mile less than 10 miles from their house.  The altitude that they're at is 8,000 feet.  They're rare, but they do happen.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_also-other-southern-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0f98317b-4a1c-4894-a999-b0434ff361b0Post:65919073-fa57-451a-b4ca-e39c421debfb">Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties : What's your elevation there? My parents live in the Colorado mountains and in the mid-late 1980's there was a tornado that touched down and skittered along the ground for about a quarter of a mile less than 10 miles from their house.  The altitude that they're at is 8,000 feet.  They're rare, but they do happen.
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

<div>That tornado went through my IL's neighborhood. Their house was fine, but my MIL still have the newspaper clippings because it was so weird.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_also-other-southern-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0f98317b-4a1c-4894-a999-b0434ff361b0Post:65919073-fa57-451a-b4ca-e39c421debfb">Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties : What's your elevation there? My parents live in the Colorado mountains and in the mid-late 1980's there was a tornado that touched down and skittered along the ground for about a quarter of a mile less than 10 miles from their house.  The altitude that they're at is 8,000 feet.  They're rare, but they do happen.
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. We're right around 4,000 feet I think.
  • @OOTBlue and Pirate--I work at UNC and live in Clayton!  We had high winds and some thunder/lightening/downpours today.  I thought I saw some blue sky and sun when I was in Cary earlier today.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • emilyv1011emilyv1011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I am from Alabama. We were hit pretty hard. Luckily the town didnt get hit as bad as others. Some towns are completely flattened nothings left. I think we are at 194 deaths now in Alabama. Please T&Ps to the people in Alabama!

ETA: I dont know if people have seen but this is a picture of the tornado that went through Tuscaloosa.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_also-other-southern-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0f98317b-4a1c-4894-a999-b0434ff361b0Post:7900a07d-c366-456c-99e6-ce4b93dba978">Re: ANY! Also other southern Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am from Alabama. We were hit pretty hard. Luckily the town didnt get hit as bad as others. Some towns are completely flattened nothings left. I think we are at 194 deaths now in Alabama. Please T&Ps to the people in Alabama! ETA: I dont know if people have seen but this is a picture of the tornado that went through Tuscaloosa.
    Posted by emilyv1011[/QUOTE]

Wow thats scary! Glad your okay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A TREE FELL ON NEBB!!!!!

Not really.  I just wanted to talk about nebb.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards