• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Do you like this swimsuit?

I think I am going to order this bathing suit...

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/onepiecetanks/PRDOVR~81276/81276.jsp

What do you think?

I also like this one...

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/solids/PRDOVR~85580/85580.jsp
but I'm afraid it's going to show my not so cute places like potential rolls.

This one is also okay...but I'm not sure It would look good on me

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/onepiecetanks/PRDOVR~81271/81271.jsp

Or do I just suck it up and wear a 2 piece?

Thoughts?

Re: Do you like this swimsuit?

• I like the first one but I LOVE the second one. I think both would be cute on you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OH I'd do the black Jessie! LOL. H asked if I was going to get the green with that look on his face that was like "please say no" lol
  • i like the second 1 best.

i don't really like the other ones to be honest, but that might mostly be because i think they would look horrible on me.
  • I also like the second one best, but you feeling comfortable/sexy in it is way more important than how it looks on the hanger so if you think you'd be more comfortable in the first then go for it.

I think I'm a little biased against the first b/c I've tried something similar on before and all the rouching made it have, like, zero stretch so I felt even fatter trying to squeeze into it.  So there's that, haha.
  • I actually think the third one would look good on you.
  • what about a tankini?  sometimes those have more options and if you don't want a true 2 piece, can be helpful?
  • I'm in agreement with most... I like the 2nd one best, and in a dark color I think would still hide what you don't want seen- but PPs are right, YOU have to feel comfortable! First one is good too.

I give an enthusiastic NO to the 3rd ; )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_do-you-like-this-swimsuit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:70cc98b0-de57-407b-baca-f37fd80eda8fPost:2f41f196-631c-4489-a774-1a8a5fc1a575">Re: Do you like this swimsuit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what about a tankini?  sometimes those have more options and if you don't want a true 2 piece, can be helpful?
    Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]

<div>Ooh! Good idea, Colleen.</div>
  • I haven't really see any tankini's I like yet.

I wish I could try the first 2 on but I don't think they will have them in store necessarily.
  • that one is cute! but I Would look ridiculous in it lol.
  • That one is cute Colleen!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i don't think so!  i think it's really cute.

BUT, bathing suits are so hard to tell in pictures since they are so....tiny?

on account of the fact i am not a 6" model, they NEVER look like they should on me....
  • I'm honestly dreading having to wear a swimsuit at all. I really would prefer not to, but we are going to the beach on vacation so my choice is either not ever visit hte pool or beach or suck it up and find one that works.
  • Who are you vacaying with?

remember - all those strangers on the beach will never see you again, so who cares what they think?  and your H sees you naked, so he shouldn't be surpised by anything :-)  As long as you're comfortable you're golden!

• We're going with my FIL and my SIL. My SIL is like the tiniest person on the planet. ANd I feel a tad odd being in a bikini in front of my FIL. Does that make me weird? LOL. He's not a creep at all, I just find it weird lol.
  • OH shoot, the second one in my size only comes in the purprle. Do we like the sutton purple?
  • I can never find tankinis I like either Elyse! The one Colleen posted is super cool and if I could lose some weight by next summer I would love it for myself lol!! I think the purple would be nice!
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like the 2nd one best and I like purple.

I also like Colleen's but I wish there was a picture of the back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm a little scared of the purple. I am seriously being such a freak about this. I just absolutely hate my body these days and wish I could just not leave the house until I'm either pregnant or back to my old size. I know that is such a whiny, vain, bratty thing to say, but it's seriously making me batty
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_do-you-like-this-swimsuit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:70cc98b0-de57-407b-baca-f37fd80eda8fPost:3d0f74fe-ebab-4298-a8a3-b51611ba423c">Re: Do you like this swimsuit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH shoot, the second one in my size only comes in the purprle. Do we like the sutton purple?
    Posted by Epolos89[/QUOTE]

<div>I really love the Sutton purple!</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ooh, yes- go with the purple! (and, this coming from a non-purple-fan : )

Or Colleen's... that is awesome!

Anniversary
  • Okay I think i"m going to order both 1 (in black) and 2 (in purple) and try them both on. If I like them both, i'll just keep them, if I don't, I'll send one or both back.

Has anyone shopped jcrew? how are their sizes?
  • i like them both! you would look super cute

• edited August 2012
    I just did! And, I think they must be pretty darn favorable... I got a pair of shorts at the outlet last week that are size 2, and I am nottttttt like a jr. size 2- and not usually women's either these days. I always seem to be uncomfortably stuck between sizes, but I should be anywhere from 2-5 and their 2s were quite comfortable.

My bridesmaid dresses were also JCrew and the girls seemed to think they were quite favorable and comfortable as well. (ETA: I also tried one on and was surprised : ) So, I guess my point is I'd go w/ your smallest comfortable size at the moment. IMO

Anniversary
  • Okay that makes me feel better about my choice then.
  • I LOVE the 1st one! The others are ok...I would be concerned about a serious tan line with number 3....but still like them! Rock it girl!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I'm going to be the odd one out here and say that I love #3. I think it would actually be flattering in almost every figure because the baggy torso can take away from big tummy areas.
    It probably doesnt matter anymore because you already ordered lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards