Arizona-Phoenix

Who's on the board???

Hey Brides! I have noticed that there are lots of newbies on the board! Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself!

When are you getting married?
What are your wedding colors?
Where are you honeymooning?
What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?)

Oldies and lurkers please post too!
Photobucket

Re: Who's on the board???

• nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been here a while, but I'm more of a lurker (how creepy does that sound?)

Black & white w/ crimson accents
    Disneyworld!
    Hmmmm.....still waiting to see, lol
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently de-lurked myself.  Here are my answers.  :)

When are you getting married?  December -- hopefully!  We haven't booked a venue yet so the date is very much subject to change, but I'm trying to plan around school breaks as much as possible.  (I know there's some wisdom to waiting until after graduation to get married, but he is a Canadian citizen so there are immigration laws to consider.)

What are your wedding colors?  Either brown and pink or brown and gold, depending upon the venue.  If we end up going with my current favorite, The Farm at South Mountain: pink.  If it ends up being a little more formal: gold.  I love both combinations.

Where are you honeymooning?  No clue.

What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?)  I accepted my father's contribution to my wedding budget less graciously than I should have.  I didn't complain, per se, but I did hint that it wasn't what I had expected given that my parents are insisting on paying for the "entire wedding."  

The thing is, I don't think they've actually been to a wedding since they were married 30 years ago!  Their idea of a wedding is a quiet church ceremony followed by cake and punch...  but since substantially all of our friends and family will be coming from out of town -- and many from out of the country -- I feel we owe them a little more than that, and was worried about paying for it on my father's limited budget.

My FI and I discussed it and decided to supplement my dad's contribution without telling him.  I also called to apologize for getting "carried away" and assured him I appreciate his generosity.  He said he understood and we had a great talk -- very upbeat and optimistic -- but I still feel awful about my initial reaction.  (Hence the wall o'text confesion.)
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

10-16-10 - Val Vista Lakes

Nothing definite yet, since I have done nothing but book place/date
    But thinking bright blue with silver and yellow accents

Not sure - but thinking maybe Hawaii, Costa Rica, somewhere on a beach

Nothing quite yet - although my craziest story has been when I found really cute wedding toppers online - hand made to personally model you, fi, dress, flowers, pose, etc - beautiful.  Starting at like $1500!  Eeek.  Guess it would be great to have that type of budget!  Unforuntately not in my plans
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When are you getting married? April 17, 2010 at Troon North
    What are your wedding colors? Black, Fushia, Lime Green, Bright Orange
    Where are you honeymooning? Costa Rica!!!  I am so freakin excited!
    What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?) Well, the first ceremony musicians we booked made me go a little crazy, I had to actually raise my voice which I do not like to do, but once that got all figured out everything else has been pretty smooth sailing. 
  • timark99timark99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    March 19th, 2010
    Navy and Silver
    Jamaica, can't wait!!!
    Trying to nail out the seating arrangements for the reception (only table specific not seat specific) but giving me some major anxiety. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • punkcheesepunkcheese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you getting married? March 28th 2010 at the JFG - Downtown Phoenix.
    What are your wedding colors? Black, Pink, Coral, white.
    Where are you honeymooning? San Diego, California
    What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?) When my "Rose Teal" bridesmaid dress came in which I though would be pink and ended up being coral. I was freaking out telling my fiance "it's orange!!!" I quickly got over it though and decided to not return it and incorporate coral into my colors.
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10.30.10!
    Jewel toned blue and hints of silver
    Not sure yet! Need to find out where our budget will let us go ;)
    My grandmother joked that she wouldn't come if we had the wedding on a day that fell on a home game for her favorite team (she has season tickets). I took her joke literally and had a total breakdown.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When are you getting married?  March 20, 2010 at Troon Country Club
    Champagne, pink, apple green and little touches of black
    Where are you honeymooning?  Jamaica, CANNOT WAIT!!
    What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?)  It seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong last week.  Our DJ switched our MC without notifying us, even though we paid an extra $500 to pick our own, my florist is non-reponsive to emails, our invitations were missing 65 direction/accommodation cards, all of the invitations for our Massachusetts guests were missing the 0 at the beginning of the zip code, and the last straw was our landlord telling us she was putting the house up for sale the very next day.  Nice notice.  Oh, and we've been kicked out of our house all weekend and 2 nights this week for showings.  Needless to say I freaked out on quite a few people.  I'm hoping that will be my first and last meltdown.  Oh, 54 days and counting!  Innocent
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    When are you getting married?  March 13, 2010
    What are your wedding colors? Blue, Purple, Silver and White
    Where are you honeymooning?  Planning on Costa Rica (not finalized, we probably wont actually take it until June)
    I try to be very reasonable and Im rather low key...very simple taste.  So many encounters with FMIL have been a little unpleasant and make me kinda crazy.  She wants things done her way and she puts them off for as long as possible to see if she can get it changed to her way (Note:  we are paying for our wedding.  The only thing they are doing is the RD-which is still not planned....)  Its driving me insane!!
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Everyone!!!

When are you getting married? 10.24.10 at Tre Bella in Mesa
    What are your wedding colors? Teal blue and Gold
    Where are you honeymooning? Puerto Rico....so excited!!
    What's your biggest bridezilla moment? I don't know if it was a bridezilla moment but I did get really upset at one of my bridesmaid for not going with me to the bridal show...I didnt talk to her for a whole day...and thats not normal, we normally talk like at least 5x a day!!!  She knew she was wrong!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully February 2011

Definitely Purple, and possibly black and lime green.

No Clue

I really just started, none yet.....but talk to me when I'm a month away from the big day.Wink
  • edited December 2011
    I'm brand new, we just got engaged yesterday! So excited, but now there is much work to be done.

When are you getting married?  Aiming for 10-2-10, but no venue yet, so we shall see.
    What are your wedding colors?  No idea, thinking maybe a dep red color.  Might be too predictable.
    Where are you honeymooning?  I say Puerto Rico, he says Sandal's Resort elsewhere.  We went to Sandal's in Jamaica just on vacation over the summer, so I am worried our honeymoon will feel too much like the last vacation.  Although it was an awesome vacation!
    What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?) None yet, we'll see how long I can keep it up!

Excited to be here, and looking forward to hearing about everyone's plans.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats JanJan!
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrat Jan Jan! The girls here are awesome, and always have great advice!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have lurked around for a bit, but haven't yet posted :)  

Jan 7, 2011 at Troon North

Navy and White/Ivory

Carribean, I think :)

FI and I were in the mall and we randomly went into a jewelry store looking at rings for him.  Well we ordered one, but then they called and said they couldn't get it the way we wanted.  So, he chose another ring that I didn't like but I thought I wanted him to get whatever he wanted.  Then I totally freaked out about it!  So petty and silly!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't post much (or at all) :)

March 28th, 2010 @ The Farm South Mountain

Yellow & Blue, amongst others

Depends, thinking New York.

I can't think of any, ask the FI. :) I'm sure something related to the money saving process.
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Knotties!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chocolate shimmer, latte & light peach

Somewhere tropical, possibly the Caribbean or South Pacific but we're still trying to decide. We're 2 months away from our wedding so we better get cracking!

At Christmas dinner, I showed my family the map insert for our invites (I already printed 130 maps at that point) & my sister noticed that our church was located on the wrong side of the street on the map. When I realized that I wasted paper/ink to print 130 maps that would need to be revised & reprinted, I started crying in front of my family & in-laws, got up from the table (with maps in tow) & went into another room. Embarrassing. Everyone was left wondering what just happened & why I couldn't just fix/reprint the maps. Lol.
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fuchsia and black with accents of silver and white to keep it from looking too dark

Solano Beach, CA we have a house on a private beach for 10 days - nice a relaxing after what I am sure will be a hectic month leading up to it :)

Ummm... probably my entire linen situation, but I have talked about that on this board and it wasn't a total bridezilla moment really.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been on the boards, but not much lately!  Always find it to be very helpful :-)
    Congrats to everyone!!

March 27th, 2010  (omg!!!)
    black, white with apple green accents
    Hawaii
    What's your biggest bridezilla moment? (Or craziest moment in planning?
    nothing yet...but, I can tell its lurking!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm new to the board- just got engaged at Christmas.

Still haven't set an official date.  It will be the first half of 2011 though.

I'm leaning toward ivory, blush pink, and green

Haven't selected a locale yet: some place beachy though!!

Haven't had one yet- but I did just get started!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies-

Congrats to all!  I come and go around here based on how hectic my life is at the moment.  I got engaged 6/13/2009

11/6/2010 at Starfire at Scottsdale Country Club

Brown/green/orange (think fall)

Not totally planned... or even booked, but we are thinking St Lucia

Havent really had one yet.  But, I think my dress will be.  I have booked the venue, the DJ, the photographer and am about to make the down payment on the florist... but I stil cant find a dress!  So frusterating!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • EBrittonEBritton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3/21/2010 @ Gainey Ranch Golf Club
    lime green, fuschia and mango
    after the wedding 7 days in california, in June( caribbean cruise!!!!)
    I have been planning for about 9 months now and am nearing the home stretch. I can not think of one thing that ruffled by bridezilla feathers. It definitely gets stressful at times because you want your day to be so special....but nothing stands out beyond normal wedding planning mishaps!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't officially set a date yet but we are thinking sometime in Spring/Summer 2012. We are both college students, so having a long engagement will give us time to get settled, save up some money, he will graduate (and I will be a year away from graduating), etc.

As long as it looks okay with whatever venue we decide on, we were thinking a mix of sapphire blue, cream and either sage green or a muted emerald color.

The plan right now is Ireland, but we still have a ways to go before we officially choose a honeymoon destination.

I've yet to have any really crazy bridezilla/planning momentssince we haven't been engaged for very long. I'm sure that I'll have one in the near future though, once we started getting things in place, haha. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

December 2010 Signature Challenge image
    Bouquet Inspiration
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards