Snarky Brides

Meet and greet

12345679»

Re: Meet and greet

• Hi, I’m kind of new and, even though this is sort of late, I’m going to introduce myself. I’m musicxstore (taken from a From Autumn to Ashes song), I’m 22 (for a few more weeks), and I live in Ohio with my FI and our three cats named Icarus, Motley, and Crue. I like reading (thanks for all of the recommendations on the book thread last night) and I write for a website (occasionally) and I’d like to eventually publish a book. I’ve been a vegetarian for almost eight years and I have a new found love for Indian food. I like Indie films (musicals and usually anything obscure), rock/metal music, penguins, trivia, and caffeine (so bad, I know). I watch way too much reality TV (“Top Chef,” “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” etc.) and spend too much time on Facebook. Currently, I’m looking for a job in the health care field (the administrative part).

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hola, I want to play. I'm bbuck- 27 and FI is 34. We are getting married in may in Vegas and have been together 5 years this month I am in sales and recently graduated with my political science degree. I mostly post on the Vegas and DW board- but lurk this board and E like crazy. I almost jumped into the AYG yesterday because I had an awesome one but the thread was already dead when I got on We have a chihuahua named Chico who is almost 5. Would post pics but I'm on the iPad. I also have a TK crush on AATB. Just saying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm Shauna. H is Mike, and we've been married for 10 months. We began dating our freshman year of college, and have been together for almost 8 years.

I work in a bookstore as an Assistant Manager. I LOVE Twilight (I know, but I won't apologize). I like documentaries about dinosaurs and history, but not about food (because then I'd never eat anything if I saw how it was made). Mexican food is my favorite. I listen to all kinds of music, except for rap. I'm a big theatre nerd, and if I lived in New York, I'd probably work on Broadway, maybe as a Prop Mistress, since I did it in high school and college. 

I myself am not crafty, but I appreciate the art that goes into it. My birthday is next week and I'll be 27. I have a large family (my grandparents had 10 kids), so we usually have one party a month. I really miss my Grandma, especially because she was awesome at parties. She always cooked something amazing, baked me a cake with amazing decorations, and had the best wrapped gift.

I like my city, but I'd move to Colorado given the chance. I'm going to swim in the ocean for the first time next month in Florida (I went in the water in Maine and New Jersey, but the water was frigid). I'm going to Harry Potter World in Florida, and I REALLY want to swim with dolphins.

The end (for now).
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:81b678a1-ce54-451f-8d3f-f578887e5d97">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet : Oh!  Oh!  If it's the castle on the river that I think it is in Upstate NY, it's beautiful!  I went to a wedding there a few years ago!!  I heart Upstate NY - it's where I went to college.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

If you are thinking Boldt Castle you are correct.  It is an amazing place!
  • I love how long this thread has gotten!
  • Yaga - You are awesome because I wasn't sure anyone would get the reference to "Take Her to the Music Store." :) I loved FATA and I still play "Too Bad You're Beautiful" when I clean my house. I was so mad when I missed them at a show and then they broke up a year later. /:
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hello, you can call me Jen or "dramallamanewbs" for now... I'm totally wrapped up in weirdness, being from a traditionallish family and marrying into one that's sooo not. I'd be a lot less fixated on it all if I could find a job, so in the meanwhile I am making myself quite comfy on here (in spite of TK eating half my posts!) I also spend a lot time being distracted by my wonderful dog (who is a 50lb baby in spite of the name Rebel), a lot of time on the phone (having just moved 7hrs from half my friends and family), and painting house! So, yeah... I'm actually pretty boring.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm late to this party bc I was catching up.  Maybe someone will see this.

I'm Britt and I'll be marrying fi(or K as I refer to him here) on January 12, 2013.  I moved to NC from just south of Detroit in October and K is deployed in Afghanistan.  We've been together for 3 and a half years and enjoy nerdy things like museums and Battlestar Galactica.  We also enjoy traveling.

I have a BA in Political Science and will be getting my Masters in Public Administration once my education stipend through my job kicks in.  I currently work for a major hospital system near the state capitol down here.  I like to sing and used to be a worship leader at my old church, along with a staff leader at our youth group.  I miss it a lot. 
  • Jenni8412Jenni8412 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:6579fd9b-9860-4ad7-82ef-5d23a0ac9fc7">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Leslie.  I'm a CPA and I live in Colorado.  I met DH on eHarmony and we've been married 2.5 years.  I have 2 daughters, 18 and 21; DH has a daughter 19 and a son 22.  I'm fortysomething.  We have a black lab, Nala, and 3 cats: Cheddar, Muenster, and Cleo (who is sadly fading away at approx 14 years old).  Nala had two knee surgeries last year, and my daughter ran Cheddar over with the car (he's ok now - broken pelvis).  Three of the kids are in college; one is getting married this summer. I love to ride my bicycle, hike, camp, and do strength training.  I've signed up for 2 100-mile bike rides this summer, so training is becoming a priority now.  I also love to read, cook, and quilt, and I'm learning how to knit.  I have a tremendous love of Pinterest.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Awww, poor Cleo! Recently went through that with one of my dogs (Scooter)- it's hard, but nice to have the time to cherish. I actually feel for both Nala and Cheddar - my Rebel had one knee surgery at one, and being 7, will likely need another one soon. We also had an incident where my Dad backed over Scooter and crushed one of his front legs - $$$ orthopedic vet and not a fun recovery :(
    Jealous of your biking fun, while I love hiking and camping, I've never seemed coordinated enough to stay on a bike!
  • Hi ladies! I am Denise, and I am 31. My H is 32, about to be 33. We were married on 10/1/10. We have a 13 year old husky and a puggle/papillon mutt who is 2. We currently live in NY and are looking for a house in NJ. We had one, but pulled out of the deal.  I am a therapist and work in a therapeutic school with Emotionally Disturbed kids. I love my job, but it has been stressful lately, as I recently had 2 of my kids hospitalized, one for a psychotic break and one for a suicide attempt. My H is an awesome cake decorator. He is very talented and can draw almost anything.  These are our pups...Pumpkin on the left and Sasha on the right. They are our babies. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:61cbc2a9-1aab-4637-bb90-177b43dd99a5">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I am Denise, and I am 31. My H is 32, about to be 33. We were married on 10/1/10. We have a 13 year old husky and a puggle/papillon mutt who is 2. We currently live in NY and are looking for a house in NJ. We had one, but pulled out of the deal.  I am a therapist and work in a therapeutic school with Emotionally Disturbed kids. I love my job, but it has been stressful lately, as I recently had 2 of my kids hospitalized, one for a psychotic break and one for a suicide attempt. My H is an awesome cake decorator. He is very talented and can draw almost anything.  These are our pups...Pumpkin on the left and Sasha on the right. They are our babies. 
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

Hi Denise! Nice to meet you ;)
  • I'm Tamara...I usually post on my local board, and typically lurk here

I'm 24 and FI is 28; he lives in Indiana and I live in Chicago. We've been together for a little over 5.5 years. I have an MA in clinical psychology, and I currently work in higher education.  We've been engaged for almost 2 years, but we most likely wont be getting married until Spring 2014. Life happens :)

I love Pinterest, shopping and being with FI whenever possible.  I'm kinda a tv junkie: my favorites are Revenge, Southland, Criminal Minds and White Collar.  I'm originally from SC, so I'm still getting used to real winter
    Anniversary
  • Nebb, that pic of your pup is priceless...Pumpkin does that with her head all the time. I LOVE IT!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:3f6e8bc7-4c28-4800-8659-e9bb3f1f931c">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet : Hi Denise! Nice to meet you ;)
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello My cougarcrushlovah!</div>
  • edited February 2012
    Hi Ladies!
    I don't know if I'm too late to post on this, but figured it can't hurt to try.  I've been lurking on this board for a while, posted once or twice, but recently decided I'd like to work my way into regular-hood.  :)

I have a lame SN, but am too lazy to try and change it, so I guess it's what I'm stuck with.  If you want to distinguish me from J&K (I'm pretty sure I've been confused for her before...) you can call me Pixie, that's FI's nickname for me.  

I am a Cali girl who's been transplanted to Colorado and will be moving to Canada (YIKES) after the wedding.  My FI is a South African (Awesome accent!  *melt) GP who moved to Canada for job reasons and is 33 years old, while I am a 24 year old aspiring author who wants nothing more than to be a stay-at-home wife and -someday- mother.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Kimmi nice to see you here. Welcome!

@ Denise- Hello my long lost lover!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:81f6832f-2cef-44ab-97ae-202ddd248f50">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies! I don't know if I'm too late to post on this, but figured it can't hurt to try.  I've been lurking on this board for a while, posted once or twice, but recently decided I'd like to work my way into regular-hood.  :) I have a lame SN, but am too lazy to try and change it, so I guess it's what I'm stuck with.  If you want to distinguish me from J&K (I'm pretty sure I've been confused for her before...) you can call me Pixie, that's FI's nickname for me.   I am a Cali girl who's been transplanted to Colorado and will be moving to Canada (YIKES) after the wedding.  My FI is a South African (Awesome accent!  *melt) GP who moved to Canada for job reasons and is 33 years old, while I am a 24 year old aspiring author who wants nothing more than to be a stay-at-home wife and -someday- mother.
    Posted by Johan&Kimmie[/QUOTE]
    Yikes? Why yikes? Where in Canada will you be moving?
  • So I am very late to this post, but this is my favorite board to lurk... I am iseewholewheat.  I currently live in central IN with my SO.  We have been together for 6.5 years and don't really have any plans on getting married anytime soon or anytime really...(but it is fun to look, right?)

I work in sports medicine and SO is finishing up his degree in political policy.  We have two furbabies: Wilson is a yellow lab/golden retriever mix and Ted is my a-hole ginger kitty who I refer to as my baby mountain lion. 

Wilson:

ted:

Photobucket
  • Bettas23Bettas23 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm Carrie - i'm 23 and my fiance is 24 almost 25. we've been together for 4.5 years and engaged for almost 4. i'm socially awkward so if anything i say sounds really weird, please disregard. i've lived in TN for most of my life but i was born in Germany because my dad is in the Army and was stationed there. i have 2 cats Lilo whose 9 and Zoe who's 7.5 and Tipper the crazy/ psychotic border collie mix; but they live at my parents house and i miss them all. i'm moving into my fiance's apartment after i graduate in May(i'm not thrilled about graduating college either). i love hot tea, Dr. Pepper, Stephen King, horror movies of all types, and my beautiful fish baby Bones who lives in my fiance's apartment. My ipod is pretty much attatched to my ears in my spare time and i like pretty much any type of music. i've recently gotten into boxing and i absolutely love it!  My shoes size is 3, my car is the ugliest shade of fuschia red.

Anyhow, i warned you about my awkwardness- i tend to ramble if you don't tell me to shut up. i've been lurking for too long so i just decided to post and see what happens :- /
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:cab5bdc5-00fc-4c46-ae8c-ff3173fe228f">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet : Yikes? Why yikes? Where in Canada will you be moving?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>It's not really so bad I guess, mostly just "Yikes" because I carry a sweater around with me in July (and frequently use it), so I can only imagine how bad it will be during the 6 months of winter in Canada.  We'll be living in a suburb of Calgary, Alberta.  At least it's not Saskatchewan!  That's where he lived before and I have no idea how I would have handled that.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  Also "Yikes" because of the huge hassle immigration is turning out to be.  Boo red tape!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ConKFA319ConKFA319 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Hopefully I'm not too late to this!

Hi everyone, I'm Con. I'm 28 and live in Northern NJ with my DH, B, who is 38, and my ILs. FIL has cancer and is currently receiving at-home care, so we're here helping out. We have a goofy, loving, wonderful dog named Destiny (in my sig), who we adopted from a wonderful rescue organization. We have no idea what she is, but we suspect that she's a great dane/boxer mix, possibly with some pit in there somewhere.

I have a degree in art (BFA) with a concentation in painting and graphic design, but I'm currently working in retail. I'm also a trained picture framer, and have done some "modeling" (if you can call it that) for an ad campaign for my college. DH also works in retail as the general manager of a local art supply store, where I worked for 7 years, and where I met him.

In my free time, I like watching my shows (Pan Am, New Girl, It's Always Sunny, Days of Our Lives), posting on TK (when I have enough time), sketching, reading great books, and cuddling with the puppeh. I also like making delicious meals and drinking really great beer.

Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Is Pan Am still on??
  • Hi all,

My name is Nicole and H an I live in the Chicago area. I'd like to post much more on here, but I'm not very good at keeping up with message boards so I just lurk. We've been married for 9 months, and have a furbaby calico kitty named Kiwi who's super awesome and likes to talk to us. My other cat Izzie lives with my folks but I see her all the time. :) I love to read, and just got sucked in to the Sookie Stackhouse books. I like watching ridiculous TV, like Teen Mom and True Life but I also like The Office, Dexter, An Idiot Abroad, and Rescue Me when it was on. I'm a huge animal lover and volunteer at a no-kill shelter. We'd have more pets if H didn't have allergies. :)
  • Hello all. I'm NJhousewife, 32 and am a SAHW. FI and I met on Eharmony and have been married 3 months. I am obsessed with pinterest, reading, guilty pleasure TV shows, cooking from scratch and couponing. I struggle with social anxiety. I love taking photographs and Photoshop. I use my crockpot a lot. FI and I love movies an in the summer we hook up a projector and watch movies under the stars in our backyard. We are considering TTC in the Fall, but the Bump scares me. LOL

I'm very jealous of Koda's wine collection. 
  • I'm late to the party too but have been lurking on this board a bit so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'll just call myself A and my FI is W. My profile name is Ashes but I'm just using my sisters's old profile. :) I'm a Texas gal through and through. W and I are both 31. He's in med school and I'm an engineer. We're planning to get married in September or October but I'm stressing about being able to get everything done by then!! We met in high school and went to the same college but didn't start dating until 2 years ago. I have more cats than I care to admit... Just call me a crazy cat lady! :) My favorite shows are The Bachelor, Top Chef, Amazing Race, Glee and Parenthood. I used to be obsessed with General Hospital but it was tough to keep up because they expect me to come to work 5 days a week and there's no time! Ha... W and I love church, movies, country music and bike riding. PS You ladies on this board crack me up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards