Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite and map question

I read something in a magazine about a cute idea for a vintage style map, so I started playing with a few ideas.  I worked all day and came up with a map that I LOVE! ... but it's a pirate map.  It wasn't supposed to be a pirate map, but that's kind of what it reminds me of.  The thing is... a pirate map isn't nessicarily a bad thing... it's kind of a tropical wedding - there will be a tiki bar and tiki torches. The centerpeices will made of sand, shells, and candles.  I'm just not sure they look right with our invitations.  Our invitations have a floral design iand kind of a whimsical feel. Does my map need to match my invitations?  Or is it okay for them to have a different feel?

Re: Invite and map question

• Options
    Will the map be included in the invitation, or is this something guests will get in welcome bags or at the ceremony? If it's in your invitation, I'd try to get it to match that as much as possible. Using the same fonts/colors goes a long way. If it's for something else besides the invites, I don't think they need to match anything. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards