Arizona-Phoenix

affordable outdoor venues

pleaaaaaaaaaaase ladies. Help with affordable/inexpensive outdoor ceremony and indoor reception venues ideas. No resorts please, those are expensive.... guest list for 150-200
thanks

Re: affordable outdoor venues

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Venue at the Grove?  They have a wide range of prices depending on how much and what type of food you want, but their most basic package for 140 people starts at around $8K including tax, according to what they sent me a few weeks ago.  Their bar packages are pretty reasonable too.  They are on the top of our list right now.  We can do a mid range meal package and bring our own alcohol, for much less than the resorts or golf clubs.  Here is their website  http://www.venueatthegrove.com/index.html. They have a special open house next Wednesday with their caterer, and various other vedors to meet/sample.  We will be there, and hope to make our final decision soon after! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

They also have a Facebook page that seems to have a couple more pics.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to the board! Are you a destination bride?!

Val Vista Lakes is only $2,500 for the ceremony and reception location if you get married on a Sun-Thur.  It's been so long that I can't remember the prices of any other venues :(

You can also look at Portico in Gilbert.  I have heard good and bad things about them, but it's worth checking out.

If you are looking for a light meal, the Farm at South Mountain might be good.  They require you to use their catering company which was too much for my budget.

Desert Botanical Garden--Look a few posts down for more info about this one.
    Photobucket
  • dkabwangdkabwang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you ladies for the info...and wait..what is a destination bride...lol I'm so new here!!!! hihi
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regency Gardens in Mesa...:)
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

A destination bride means that you are planning a wedding in a different city than which you live.  I noticed it says you're from Fort Worth, so I thought you might be planning from afar :)

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Are you planning a wedding in Phoenix?  This part of the boards is for Phoenix brides.  if not, you might want to check out what state/ city you are planning to get married in. 

If you are getting married in Phoenix, my FI & I are planning to wed at Ocotillo.  It's not the cheapest we found, but they work with you and it was the best we found for our budget.  We love them so far and can't wait to get married there!

Good luck!
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • edited December 2011

Our wedding is at Desert Botanical Gardens-Mid Price

We also looked at

Chapel At The Farm

&

Inside The Bungalow

• scorpchic77scorpchic77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of looking around and emailing back and forth with several venues before touring a golf resort and the Mesa Convention Center.  My sister had a 2nd reception at Glendale Civic Center (she got married in Illinois) and when I remember that I started looking around at Glendale Civic Center and Mesa Conv. Center.  Depending on what exactly you are looking for and what area I think both GCC and MCC are good options.  We chose Mesa Conv. Center because of the location and the overall cost for what we get.  They have an outdoor gazebo for ceremonies, but we actually chose the Mesa Amphitheatre.  Glendale has several options and the outdoor space is pretty.  The golf resort I toured was Arizona Golf Resort and they had 3 outdoor options for the ceremony and 2 indoor options for the reception.  Venue at the Grove did look nice and I think they are currently offering a discount.  We didn't think what they offered for the price would work with our overall budget.  We have what seems to be a very small budget in the wedding world :)

• alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few others you can look at - The Groves, Antique Wedding House, Stonebridge Manor, Las Sendas...
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Japanese Friendship Garden down town.  My wedding is on a Thursday and it cost me $630!  It's beautiful, it has a waterfall, a huge koi pond, streams, etc.
  • alkinneyalkinney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married at the az historical society museum in tempe.  $3150 includes tables, chairs, outdoor venu for wedding/cocktail and ceremony. 
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Corona Ranch Pics are on my wedding website along with all my vendor reviews www.azhappilyeverafter.com
    We didnt want a hotel wedding either, not our style.

Our final head count was something like 284-286ish...
    We paid $15,569.39 That includes all the tax, service charges, Food, bartender fees, use of the gazebo for the ceremony....Our food was AMAZING!!! I was blown away by this place. People STILL talk about the food and our wedding was like 1.5 years ago!

Also, another place to consider is McCormick Ranch. My friend just booked there. The prices were really good and it is a very elegant looking setting!
    GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards