Not Engaged Yet

I asked for it back and now would like to give it back. TMI

Five lovely months without my monthly visitor! now she is back and wants revenge!
I went off BCP last year due the fact that it was yaz and yes it gave me a pulmonary embolism. I can no longer be on a hormonal BC. I wish my body would stop hating me and making me feel gross! I would also like a cycle that is normal. Is that too much to ask?

Re: I asked for it back and now would like to give it back. TMI

• edited December 2011
    Five months does sound absolutely lovely!! Not too much to ask one bit!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about the revenge part :(  I hope it gets better and just seems like she wants revenge.  Not having a period for five months (without having to be preg) sounds awesome!!!!!
  • SassyFlatsSassyFlats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a period for two years while on hormonal BCP. It was LOVELY. Unfortunately, the Pill killed my sex drive completely. After we got married, that just didn't seem so acceptable.

My first two months off the Pill were quite wonky, but things seem to be getting back to normal now. Hang in there! It gets a little better. I'd still rather not have a period, but I also like getting busy with my DH more often. Wink
    Daisypath Graduation tickers

Married to my best friend, making our way together through this crazy, mixed-up thing we call life.
  • meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_asked-back-now-would-like-give-back-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c59a6c9b-e985-40b7-b1c4-f4a6ffb90f8bPost:937c6fc5-cf33-4f57-9c3d-61a8bede90d7">Re: I asked for it back and now would like to give it back. TMI</a>:
    [QUOTE]You had a pulmonary embolism? Those are no joke! Are you OK? That said, would something like the Depo shot work for you? I can't be on an estrogen pill because of my chronic migraines and the associated stroke risk, but the Depo is OK to do and does keep everything regulated (and I don't have a period on it).
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    I had to be on blood thinners for a few months, they dont see any addl risk just as long as I am off Yaz. I am one of the lucky ones that got the brunt of the side effects of the pill. I probably would have throw the clot if it were not for the quick thinking co workers that recognised what was happening with me. I have to keep thinking that everything happens for a reason. If I hadnt been on the blood thinners they would have never forced me to go to the hospital for my headache and I would have never found out about the pituitary tumor. That is one of the main reasons I got so long a break from mother nature. That and my weight.

Sadly I cant ever go back on any BC that has any risk of blood clots.  That means I can go on the copper IUD and pretty much that is it. now that I no longer have the blood thinners I am gonna look into getting one.
  • meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told that since I had a blood clot I could never take hormonal BC again. It has been thought that hormonal BCP and other such (along with all the stuff in our water) could make tumors more of a wide spread thing. My eye doctor thinks the tumor could be the reason behind my headaches and so I need to speak with a neurologist to have them look at it(i keep putting it off for some odd reason). I just want to be better!
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've said this before, and I'm sure my fellow NEYers are tired of hearing about my TMI, but I went 5.5 years on Depo injection with no period.

I got the Mirena in October and my period just came back this month. Well, I've been having a period for a little over three weeks now.   ugh.  It's hurting too. I've been taking Ibuprofen like crazy. 

Payback's a biitch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't post on this board, but I wanted to jump in on this conversation.

I was on depo for 7 wonderful years. Didn't have a period from the time I was 17 until I was 24. Wonderful.
    A few months after I got insurance and started going to an actual gyn office instead of Planned Parenthood, my gyn said he wanted to send me for a bone scan b/c I had been on depo for so long. As it turns out, i had the begining stages of osteopenia (a lesser version of osteoperosis). One of the side affects of being on depo for too long. :(  Anyways, I was put on Seasonelle, apparently BCP  helps your body rebuild bone density. Something about how it helps process calcium.

If you've been on depo for a long time, you might want to talk to your Dr about getting a bone density scan. JIC, you end up being "lucky" like me and getting that side effect.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_asked-back-now-would-like-give-back-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c59a6c9b-e985-40b7-b1c4-f4a6ffb90f8bPost:8e073f56-c058-4add-b544-7b93977430fa">Re: I asked for it back and now would like to give it back. TMI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wrkn, why'd you switch from depo to mirena if you don't mind my asking?
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Just bored of it.  I actually left the window run out once and waited three months to get the next shot. (I was single.) That, combined with diet and exercise helped me lose 25 lbs.  I started and gained it again. BUTTTT...I met the love of my life and started sitting on my ass eating hot wings and drinking beer.

I was concerned about the bone density stuff that PP was talking about.  And my family was freaked out that I had been that long without a period, no matter what I told them.  I wanted something with less hormones, so I got the Mirena.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards