Snarky Brides
Options

Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)

My two female coworkers and I are officially synced up with the period thing. You know, you hang around the same girls every day and eventually you all have your period at the same time. This phenomenon is just the strangest thing to me. I also wonder what the biological purpose of it is? IT'S SO WEIRD. My male boss has picked up on the fact that we all get a little pissy and on edge around the same times now, and he's slightly scared of us. Are you synced up with anyone? Am I the only one that is absolutely amazed at what the human body does sometimes?
Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince

Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)

• Options
    Hahaha I'm not, I think all the girls I work with have IUD's so that changes it. I don't think I ever really have been...
    It is a freaking weird thing though.
  • Options
    My best friend and I are...it's very weird.  What IS the point?  Ha!
  • Options
    I don't think I am here at work, but I don't chat with the girls about their period so I can't know for sure. My mom and I were though, when I lived at home. That was weird, and hell on my stepdad.

I think H is somehow synched with me, mood wise. Either that or he's always in a PMS mood.

But I agree, it's beyond my ability to understand how that can happen. The body freaking amazes me sometimes.
  • Options
    My daughters are 17 and 19 and we are in sync.  Which is absolutely terrifying for my DH.  Haha.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It's hard to say at my job, because there isn't that much interaction (since we're in the classroom all day).  But I do wonder WTF the purpose of synching is?  It must have some kind of biological purpose, right? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:231ec7a6-a5df-47fd-a65b-c0ee03d571c1">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha I'm not, I think all the girls I work with have IUD's so that changes it. I don't think I ever really have been... It is a freaking weird thing though.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]
    The part that I find so weird is that I'm on the pill, so my period's (that's not actually a period because you don't ovulate on BC pills) supposed to be completely regulated by artificial hormones. But my body has still found a way to sync up with the other two, who aren't on BC. Pheremones are stronger than artificial hormones, apparently.
  • Options
    Go me!

I'm on the pill, so I can't sync with people.  My computer is broken. :(

I think it's really cool that the human body does this.  Many other species all give birth at the same time of the year.  Maybe it's better to have many mothers to care for young instead of just one overworked mom?
  • Options

I was synced up with my mom at one point. I think it's completely strange! I'm not sure if I'm synced with anyone else now. Most of my friends are gay men.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hmmm

this was the only thing i could find on it - work blocks a lot 

http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetContent.aspx?token=4677452c-35ab-45e8-bf11-99aede4601cb&chunkiid=156991
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:c01ba4e3-827c-464e-9ea2-8d2613209a9e">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go me! <strong>I'm on the pill, so I can't sync with people.</strong>  My computer is broken. :( I think it's really cool that the human body does this.  Many other species all give birth at the same time of the year.  Maybe it's better to have many mothers to care for young instead of just one overworked mom?
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    I am too, but my body still found a way :/ I was a couple days late last month, didn't start til like my fourth sugar pill and I was kind of weirded out. In light finding out we all started within days of eachother though, I think it was my body reacting to my coworker's cycles.
  • Options

There's some kind of biological/physiological purpose at work here among mammals - perhaps making sure the entire herd is 'receptive' at the same time for procreation.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:7ecfa101-45ff-4453-87d7-430bded59e9c">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :) : I am too, but my body still found a way :/ I was a couple days late last month, didn't start til like my fourth sugar pill and I was kind of weirded out. In light finding out we all started within days of eachother though, I think it was my body reacting to my coworker's cycles.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Or, it could be their's reacting to yours.

Regardless, that is weird.  Nature is neat.
  • Options
    When I lived at home my mom and my two sisters and I were all in sync. My brother and dad hid in the garage that week.

My female roommate ( I have two guy roommates too) and I are both on some form of BC so I doubt that we will sync.
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's true too, Joy. I'm oddly fascinated by this.
  • Options
    I'm definitely not, but I hardly ever get my period, which has its pros and cons.
  • Options
    Jess- maybe thats my problem, if someone synced up with me that'd mean they'd have an effed up cycle too.
  • Options
    Maybe we should enact TMI Tuesday. I would be on board with that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:1c9f4ee1-daff-4e03-8cdb-e7dbb1657bf1">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm definitely not, but I hardly ever get my period, which has its pros and cons.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]
    When I'm in the throes of cramps (I get really, really bad ones), I keep reminding myself "this means you're not pregnant. that's worth having cramps." It would be nice to not be in mind bending pain once a month, but I think not having a period would kind of weird me out.
  • Options
    LC, I keep quoting your last reply to me, and this is what I keep getting sent to:

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2010-weddings_better-picking-up-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:596Discussion:20877809-7bf4-4760-971a-e7f19d275ee5Post:b881ce83-0ec4-4271-aa00-ce18533e42dd">Re: Better than Picking Up Your Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow that is incredible! Congrats! Now you can put the money saved towards something special for you and your FI!
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

Anyway, when I get mine it's a "Seriously, good. I'm not KU." Before I was married, I didn't care since we waited until we got married, but now, I don't like it. I wish I had a monthly reminder that I'm not KU.
  • Options
    Where I used to work a few of us girls were in sync. So I know what you mean.

I had one girl that never kept track of hers, so I kept it in my calendar and she would ask me when she was suppose to start. Bad I know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When I was in college we had my 6 roomies synced, and the 6 girls who shared the bathroom with us were synced. It was really annoying.

One of my roomies got her period every 2 weeks though. I felt so bad for her :(
  • Options
    Here's one theory I found

So what do women who menstruate at the same time every month have in common? The stress pattern. In the above example, these two women both work in the same environment. As such, they have common stressors such as project deadlines, renewal of contracts, etc. The same story is frequently heard among women who live in a dorm together in a university. Once again, the stress environment is the common factor such as, quarterly exams, midterms, finals, etc. During times of stress, ovulation is delayed. When the stressors disappear, ovulation occurs and the menstrual periods begin approximately 2 weeks later.

• Options
    I am on BC and I work with my sister who has an IUD and my period is pretty much set to come at the same time each month. She says her period is a lot worst now that she has the IUD. These last few months we got it around the same  time. Next month we are planning to go to a water park and we are scheduled to get it a week apart.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:d68951c3-d828-4afb-aa36-28c70b4e8284">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was in college we had my 6 roomies synced, and the 6 girls who shared the bathroom with us were synced. It was really annoying. <strong>One of my roomies got her period every 2 weeks though. I felt so bad for her :(</strong>
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    Oh, that's awful. That only happened to me once, right after I got my period for the first time. Mine's been pretty much like clockwork since I was 15 or so.
  • Options
    Ugh, Katie- for a while I got mine every 2 weeks and they'd last a long time it was the worst. Seriously, sucky, suck. I got to miss a lot of school though :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:265b9680-55b5-4842-8885-2fdccf5562b4">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we should enact TMI Tuesday. I would be on board with that.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

The girls on my month board did that. They had one for every day of the week. I remember TMI Tuesday, WTF Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, and Friday Five. I can't remember Monday.
  • Options
    LC- mine did that too, even though I was on the pill, my freshman year of college.  I think about 12-14 of us were all the same week. It was awful.  The guys on the next hall ended up calling our hallway "PMS Alley." 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_syncing-up-joy-started-tmi-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d8d37a87-4c93-417d-a326-d99d65598b0fPost:2dcdf6fd-cbf7-4532-bac1-0717f9e2f10b">Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Syncing Up (Joy started TMI day :) : The girls on my month board did that. They had one for every day of the week. I remember TMI Tuesday, WTF Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, and Friday Five. I can't remember Monday.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Moody Monday? lol :)
  • Options
    Me and my best friend are. It's crazyyy! I didn't know so many people were like that as well. this amazes me a lot.
  • Options
    Yep all my friends in HS hated me because I was the person's cycle who everyone else adjusted to.
    It happened recently with my FSIL too because we hung out all the time before she moved.
    Nothing at work though, I'm the only woman here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards