Ohio-Columbus

Bridal Jewelry

I am having such a hard time finding something that I like that also looks good with my dress!  Where did everyone get their jewelry from?  I don't care if it is online or in store, I just want to find something that I actually like!  I was thinking maybe something with crystal and pearls, but really just suggestions of websites or stores would be great!

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 323 Made the List!
image 114 Are ready to Dance!
image 12 Can't make it!
image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!

Re: Bridal Jewelry

• edited December 2011
    My sister went to Macys and bought multiple options, and returned what she ended up not wanting. I thought it was brilliant because you want to be able to see if the jewelry compliments the dress and most bridal stores have a no return policy.

You may also want to try etsy.
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same issues finding accessories I liked with my dress. My dress had a Swarovski crystal with pewter metal brooch in the center of a cluster of handmade flowers and I wanted jewelry that looked like it matched. I bought a headband, bracelet, and earrings from Big Rock Little Rooster. Haute Bride made the pieces and I was able to tweak a few things with the designer to make them look exactly how I wanted. 

I also found other beautiful pieces at Nordstrom. I ended up buying simple crystal stud earrings and wore that for the wedding (I think they went better with headband- I wore the original earrings for my bachelorette party). Because my bridesmaids wanted jewelry as their gifts, I picked out pieces that coordinated with my jewelry. They had a great selection and it was relatively inexpensive too. 

I've also heard some brides have some luck with jewelry on etsy. I found other things for our wedding on the site, but I found searching through all of the accessories to be overwhelming, even after I filtered the search. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a hard time, too. I did not wear a necklace, but actually found my earrings online at kohls.com. They have more selection than they do in stores.

I would also look at VonMaur (love that store) and other dept stores at the mall. You could also try etsy.com. If you don't find something you like, you can always do a request for someone to make you what you want.

Here is the site: http://www.moniquesboutique.us/index.html of a local Columbus knottie that specializes in bridal jewelry. You may want to give her a try after browsing the website.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Monique from the previous post! She's a former knottie and fabulous! I was having a hard time and she created a custom piece for me! (necklace and earrings) I drew a picture of what I had in mind and she did it perfectly!  Very reasonably priced, plus I like supporting one of our own. :) 
  • jenmiller77jenmiller77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Stella & Dot! I will say I'm a little biased though because I sell the jewelry :) Check it out at www.stelladot.com/jenmiller. Our new spring/summer collection will be out on Jan 9th!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_bridal-jewelry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:9e39a7f2-23f9-4074-8953-6f1fe7f33c62Post:ad999e80-c048-47b7-955c-eb5c3fe2c452">Re: Bridal Jewelry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Stella & Dot! I will say I'm a little biased though because I sell the jewelry :) Check it out at <a href="http://www.stelladot.com/jenmiller" rel='nofollow'>www.stelladot.com/jenmiller</a> . Our new spring/summer collection will be out on Jan 9th!
    Posted by jenmiller77[/QUOTE]

While this board doesn't have a mod right now, this is against TK's rules. I will not report you bc it doesn't sound like a vendor post and your bio looks like you are really planning a wedding. I am just saying it to give you a heads up in case Knot Annie happens to see this thread.
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my necklace and earrings from 2 different etsy sellers.  I really loved my necklace - very unique
    The earrings are from kgarnerdesigns and the necklace is from VirginiaGeigerJewels.
    A lot of sellers on etsy will do custom stuff, so if you a vision or idea, they can bring it to life.  I custom designed my bridesmaid earrings through etsy seller SpiffingJewelry.

Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our rings from Argo and Lehne jewelers in UA. As a bonus, on my wedding day I get to borrow and wear anything from the store I want (except rings since they aren't sized).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was having the same problem as you. I got mine at at Nordstrom I couldn't be happier its worth the trip over there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my jewelry from Ti Adoro and it is sold at Girls In White Dresses in the Arena District. She uses pearls and Swaroski crystals.

http://www.tiadorojewelry.com/home.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards