North Carolina

are unlit candles weird??

so my venue doesn't allow lit candles as a policy, and when i booked, i didn't think it would really matter to me. however, now i wish i could have candles- i want to do very simple flowers already, and i'm worried about my tables looking too plain!

would it be weird to have candles, but not have them lit? i haven't been to a lot of weddings, so i don't know. if unlit candles are weird, do you all have any other suggestions that are tasteful/pretty?

thanks ladies!!
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: are unlit candles weird??

• edited December 2011

How about those flamless candles? They look like candles and are battery powered.

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP -- Use LED candles.  They flicker like real candles, have an on/off button, and some of them even look like they have wax coming down the sides.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that would look really weird plus be a complete waste of money.

I think you should do the flameless candles or maybe consider doing special lighting in the room, like uplighting or spotlighting.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_unlit-candles-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:b4db21cb-dce1-41de-8d11-99cd18bcfcb6Post:79674caa-fc92-4932-ab3c-ad584b0f3d07">Re: are unlit candles weird??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, that would look really weird plus be a complete waste of money. I think you should do the flameless candles or maybe consider doing special lighting in the room, like uplighting or spotlighting.
    Posted by meredithl618[/QUOTE]

THIS
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies for confirming my thoughts! i will look into the flameless candles and special lighting!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think you'd have people thinking the entire night, "Oh no!  Someone forgot to light the candles!"
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_unlit-candles-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:b4db21cb-dce1-41de-8d11-99cd18bcfcb6Post:bdec09f0-5679-4cbc-bd64-2319652ebb0b">Re: are unlit candles weird??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I think you'd have people thinking the entire night, "Oh no!  Someone forgot to light the candles!"
    Posted by shigaites[/QUOTE]

Or pulling out their lighter and fixing your "mistake", getting you in trouble with the venue in the process. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_unlit-candles-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:b4db21cb-dce1-41de-8d11-99cd18bcfcb6Post:bdec09f0-5679-4cbc-bd64-2319652ebb0b">Re: are unlit candles weird??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I think you'd have people thinking the entire night, "Oh no!  Someone forgot to light the candles!"
    Posted by shigaites[/QUOTE]
    This!  I would go with mechanical instead!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everybody else... don't have unlit candles.  Save on craft has some great ideas how to add light with out candles.

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards