California-Los Angeles

affordable preservation puts me on edge

Please tell me that it will be ok and you had a good experience with affordablepreservation.com

I'm a bit nervous to mail my dress.  

I called a dry cleaners recommended by my dress shop, but they said it would be around $375 to have my dress cleaned.

Did anyone take their dress somewhere?  I'm from Ventura County, but am willing to drive.

Re: affordable preservation puts me on edge

• chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soon2B-I had a wonderful experience with them and I know of others who have too. I know that I'm only one person but, for me,  their customer service was great and they did a good job!
  • edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly Reene (my seamstress in the valley) does preserve gowns - or she doesn't but she takes them to a cleaners that she works with. I think it's $200 if I'm not mistaken. Reene was great so I doubt she would recommend bad preservation place. HTH :)
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chiweewee, did you have anything else preserved, like your veil?  I hadn't thought of having it done, but it's included in the pricing.
  • mrslakermrslaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used www.wedclean.com for my pronovios dress. I was super pleased and happy with the entire process. Definitely check them out.
  • Wild4TomWild4Tom member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used them for my gown and was very pleased with how my gown came back and with their customer service - email updates, tracking info, etc. I'd highly recommend them.

• edited December 2011
    My dress is with them right now. I will let you know how it turns out...
  • chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soon2B-yes, I did have my veil preserved also. If you want to keep it, I would highly recommend including it because tulle will yellow and break down otherwise. Definitely go with the Celebrity Line vs. the Traditional Line (it uses muslin instead of tissue which is much better for fabric).

I know that they raised their prices in Jan. '09 but it looks like they're doing a promotion right now that makes it less expensive and you can have more items cleaned for the same price as Wed Clean. I felt that APC was a better value and I liked that they told you exactly what materials they were going to use (Wed Clean didn't).

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Chi-

I may be wrong, but with afc, they tell you you are not allowed to take your dress out after you get it back or the warranty or something like that is voided, right? I may have that somewhat wrong, but I do remember hearing you can't take your dress out which I didn't like, because then how will you know that you are happy with the job they did?

The place recommended to me by the salon I got my dress at is wayyyyy too expensive. Like $650, but you can take the dress out and look at it, which Iiked. 

I just want to get my facts straight.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience with them!  It was so easy, and my dress is perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards