Michigan-Detroit
Options

runway salon and spa

in shelby twp.  Any one ever been there?  I'm starting my search for salons and they seem to have good reviews but looking for someone who has actually been there.  What are there price, is there a certain person to ask for?  I want to check out a few places before I contact them.

TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: runway salon and spa

• Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in shelby twp.  Any one ever been there?  I'm starting my search for salons and they seem to have good reviews but looking for someone who has actually been there.  What are there price, is there a certain person to ask for?  I want to check out a few places before I contact them.

TIA
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there.  I did go to BonCiDello at 22 and Hayes.  I used Nicole.  She was really good for my hairdo for my cousins wedding.  They have a ton of stylist of all ages there.  Here is the website.  They say $65 for an updo...I think I only paid $55.

http://www.boncidellosalon.com/hair_art.html

I also have a cousin that does hair.  Her salon is at 15 and Schoenherr. It's called Thomas Jay Salon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  Glad you made the decision to book an appointment!
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to go there, but then I went there for my shower/b-party. My appointment was at 10, they were busy but the hair stylist said it wasn't a problem. So at 10:30 when they still hadn't taken me I told them I had to be out of there at 11:15 and they said no problem. Then at 10:45 I said that I didn't want to be late for my own SHOWER so I was just going to leave and said thanks anyway. She said it wouldn't be a problem and I would be out of there on time. I should have left and I know that now, but they really kind of strong armed me into staying. She finally got to me at 11:10 and I didn't get out of there until 11:45, so I was late to my own shower and was not happy with my hair on top of it. Oh and it was $55, which was ridiculous for what she did!
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    Courtney...that is horrible!  I can't believe they treated you like that!
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks' for the insight on them.  I keep looking.

crhein. I'll have to check those places out, thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been there for another friends wedding and they did a beautiful job! Stacey did my hair, and I loved it. We had the whole salon to ourselves & they were so accomodating. They are on the pricey side, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I am going on friday for another friends wedding, I will let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my hair and makeup done by Bridesmade Beautiful out of Salon 21. The salon was located at 21mile and Vandyke but Nov 1st they are moving to a larger salon spa at Hayes and 21 or 23 mile rd. They will do on location or in the salon. I had my makeup trial a couple of weeks ago and liked it.
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    aliciadiane please let me know how it goes and what are their prices?  Thanks

Thanks for the rec.  I'll check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards