Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Question

We are getting ready to book this soon...was curious, do you sign a contract with the place and put a deposit down, similar to selecting a venue? Anyone have any idea? We are doing it at a restaurant if that helps.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question

• I don't think so, I think you just set it up as a private event. You might/probably will have to select a menu though.
  • Nope!  We're doing it at the Koto Japanese Steakhouse - they have a separate room for up to 36 people, which is perfect for us.  They reserved it for us over the phone, no credit card or anything, and asked us to come in this summer sometime to set up a fixed price menu.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c0e3c3b5-e79c-4fa5-9f20-472b7191aec7Post:249cc302-024f-4aba-9060-b88a9753a727">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]calindi, That's so funny that's where we are planning on doing ours! We are such twins ;). Who did you talk to though? The lady I spoke to today wasn't helpful and said I had to come in and do a deposit.
    Posted by TBee99[/QUOTE]

I spoke to the owner, slight asian accent!  They told me they had in me the books for that night for that many people, and we could come in around May (when we move up north) to discuss pricing and menu.  No one said anything about a deposit!

Anniversary

• Strange. I think my dad personally knows the owner so maybe I should have him make the call. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having ours at Daniel Packer Inn in Mystic.  My future FMIL is taking the reigns on the rehearsal dinner so I have no idea what they require.  I want her to get our reservation in soon but I can't be pushy about it.  If I am getting married in October, when should the reservation be made? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards