Not Engaged Yet

Irritations

I'm irritated because my coworker took the entire day off yesterday to drop his car off to get something fixed & then came in today & tells me he's going to be in late sometime next week because he has to drop his car off. Um? I HATE YOU & YOU MAKE NO SENSE. 

I'm irritated by Bailey & Hailey who would not let me sleep last night. I'm so exhausted today I could cry and I want to know why my kittenbabies are pure evil.

I'm irritated that I keep finding out the Olympics results before they're aired on TV. Even when I do everything in my power to avoid the spoilers, somehow some bastard ruins it for me. 

Your turn.

Edited for terribly embarrassing grammar. 

Re: Irritations

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:27610ff8-3db9-409d-8985-04da06259e86">Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I I'm irritated that I keep finding out the Olympics results before they're aired on TV. Even when I do everything in my power to avoid the spoilers, somehow some bastard ruins it for me.  
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Oh my god, THIS!  My boss came up to me yesterday and was all "so Phelps has 20 medals now with his newest gold." I was like - thanks, a-hole, for ruining my night.<div>
    </div><div>I'm irritated that the "platinum" advertisment at the top of our page has a roll over feature that is getting in my way now. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm irritated that so many of my classmates are graduating. If I get one more thesis seminar email in my inbox I'm gonna flip out. </div>
  • I need to figure out how to meet new people in my new neighborhood. I moved to the suburbs to a great little starter home about two months ago, and no one will come visit me! The metro is only 2 miles away! But, I swear, around here, it seems like northern VA, DC, and MD are like entirely different planets. And people just don't leave their area. It's really annoying.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I am also irritated that I see Olympics results before I get to see them. I avoided most news websites yesterday so I could enjoy watching them last night without knowing.

I'm irritated with my sister's behavior causing all sorts of unnecessary family drama.  Your wedding should make everyone happy not cause this much family drama, but honestly I'm not surprised... I guess I hoped she would be more mature than this.

I'm irritated with myself a bit because I have these urges to go off the pill.  I blame on getting older and the upcoming birthday.  I don't want a baby this second either.  BF & I have a few more exciting milestones to hit first.

Anniversary

• I'm definitely irrated with NBC's Olympics coverage. It sucks. Big Time.

Right now I'm mostly irritated/stressed/anxious/worried, because I have to talk to my boss later about two enrollment I am managing that want refunds. Neither is my fault (well, one might sorta be..), but there is nothing I can do about them and I'm going to need to refund about $3,000 total today. Since my team has only made about $4k this month thus far, that's going to be a huge hit. I know my boss is going to want me to wait to process these refunds, but I think that's stupid, because it's going to hurt us whenever I put the refunds in, and I don't want to have to tell someone they need to wait for their refund when there's really no reason to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am irritated that the only way I'm gonna get to see my eldest brother (who I only get to see once a year, if I'm lucky) is to go to this fucking baby shower tomorrow.

I am also irritated that after a tearful conversation with Donald, last weekend, regarding my consumption of booze, that he has not drank one single beer this week. And it's making me feel like a fucking lush for have 3 beers every night. And when I asked him if it was because of the convo, he said, "No. Sometimes I just don't feel like drinking." And I call BS on that and I'm paranoid thinking he's trying to make a point that I am developing a dependency. And it is driving me motherfucking mad.

I'm also irritated that I had to cancel my Saturday night, booze it up plans, with Brandi.

I'm sure I have more, but those are the 3 that come to mind right now.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I'm irritated that Cox won't let me login to the NBC olympics online coverage.  I have all the channels I'm required to have, dangit.  And I even have "advanced tv" which is apparently a Cox coverage.  This makes zero sense.  I've stopped trying.

I'm also irritated that our bathroom is so nasty.  I hate cleaning the bathroom, lol.  Luckily, BF claims he'll help.  Hopefully he will.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited August 2012
    I'm irritated that H has been traveling for work 4 out of the last 7 weeks. He isn't supposed to travel this much (contract says up to 25%) and he isn't getting compensated in any way for this. It pisses me off. Also irritated that because he's in Canada I can't talk to him on the phone so we're relegated to facebook chat. His internet connection is too slow for skype. Gahhhh.

I'm also irritated that I hate the bottle of riesling I bought yesterday. I love riesling but this one sucks.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Only irritation I have right now is that I wrote checks for a buttload of bills to be mailed out today.  There goes my money :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:ec25ceaa-6083-4dbc-86b2-170745fdadad">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE] . 6) That I sort of feel like a 5+ hour drive to a wedding is a good time to talk with Mo about feelings but it probably isn't, so I hope I don't feel like I'm going to explode.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    Not that you asked, but I'd say that isn't a good time to talk about feelings. I don't know Mo, but my H would feel trapped if I wanted to talk about a potentially touchy/emotional subject on a 5 hour car ride. Make a sweet play list and sing along super loud together instead :) <div>I hope you have an obscene amount of fun at Shoe's wedding, btw! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:f98ca1a8-d494-436f-8b8e-9419436aa402">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Irritations : <strong>Oh my god, THIS!  My boss came up to me yesterday and was all "so Phelps has 20 medals now with his newest gold." I was like - thanks, a-hole, for ruining my night</strong>. I'm irritated that the "platinum" advertisment at the top of our page has a roll over feature that is getting in my way now.  I'm irritated that so many of my classmates are graduating. If I get one more thesis seminar email in my inbox I'm gonna flip out. 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

Yes, this!  I also think the last swimming event I watched was Phelps getting his 19th, so thank your boss from me too.  I'm a solid day behind in coverage and I haven't watched any of the opening ceremony.  At least no one can spoil the opening stuff!

I'm irritated that my back hurt when I woke up this morning.  So I was going to bring my heating pad to work to try to relax the muscles, but I left it at home.  Double irritated. 

I'm irritated that FI <em>might</em> want to go up north after work today but can't make his mind up.  We can't leave late because we would be stopping at a venue on the way up and neither of us have packed.  So no I don't think we can go up north. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Liv, seriously? Mo hates dogs? Does he like other animals? I just thought that was weird because you love animals.

I was super irritated in line at Lowe's yesterday when another cashier came up and said she could help the next person in line (me), but the guy three people back shoved his cart over there before I or even the guy behind me could move. Seriously dude, you do not understand what "next" means and shame on cashiers for not enforcing it. When I was a cashier, I'd say, "Sorry, but she was the next person in line."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:75e8f55c-5abb-439f-8a95-73f1316415af">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations : Yes, this!  I a<strong>lso think the last swimming event I watched was Phelps getting his 19th, so thank your boss from me too</strong>.
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I'm so sorry!!  Now I'm the a-hole. 
  • I'm irritated that I really want to leave for Maine RIGHTTHISSECOND but I have too much shiiiit to do first.

I'm irritated that I didn't work harder earlier this week so that I didn't have to play catch up this week.

I'm irritated that I haven't gotten a call for any of the jobs in New England I've applied for. (But I'm bringing my suit with me to Maine, just in case.)

I'm irritated that three of my favorite NEY-ers are going to be in Maine, and I won't see any of them.

I'm irritated that my fucking assistant STILL thinks that he can just make decisions about the office without consulting me first.

I'm irritated that Mo won't let Liv have a puppy dogger.

*******************************************************************************************

• Liv- Sorry to hear that...really sucks that Mo hates dogs.  It, along with a few other major issues, became a deal-breaker for me with my ex.  At least Mo was up-front about it, right?  That doesn't make it any easier, I know, but my ex knew I loved animals and wanted one but hid the fact that he hated animals until right before I was about to get a dog.

• I'm irritated that I have no clue what I'm going to do in the next 6 months - I'll say it I'm a planner LOL so this is more than mildly irritating.

I'm irritated that it is effing a million degrees in my house and the landlord keeps saying she'll send someone to look at the air.  She gets till Monday and then I'm calling someone and taking the bill off my rent.

I'm irritated that I missed the very last round in gymnastics last night because they switched to swimming and it was already 11pm!  Why do they do that?!?!?

I'm irritated that I now feel guilty for being on a wedding website when I am about as far away from getting married now as one can get.

I am NOT irritated that it is Friday so there you go.

• I'm irritated that I've been non stop hungry this week and I've been eating junk instead of stuff that is better for me.

Anniversary

• Liv, if the Bride likes it, you can't argue ;) I think you look great in both dresses, but I also prefer the purple one. One of my coworkers wore an extremely cleavage-displaying dress to our wedding, which was well appreciated by my grandfather . . . lol! That purple dress is much more conservative than her choice, is what I'm trying to say.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:3138a4e8-2fbe-42b0-8861-5bdc2eac7971">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that I have no clue what I'm going to do in the next 6 months - I'll say it I'm a planner LOL so this is more than mildly irritating. I'm irritated that it is effing a million degrees in my house and the landlord keeps saying she'll send someone to look at the air.  She gets till Monday and then I'm calling someone and taking the bill off my rent. I'm irritated that I missed the very last round in gymnastics last night because they switched to swimming and it was already 11pm!  Why do they do that?!?!? <strong>I'm irritated that I now feel guilty for being on a wedding website when I am about as far away from getting married now as one can get.</strong> I am NOT irritated that it is Friday so there you go.
    Posted by doubleSS07[/QUOTE]

STOP IT RIGHT NOW. I will NOT let you feel this way. Do I sometimes feel silly/left out/sad that I am not involved in relationship and/or wedding talk? Absolutely. But some of you ladies have become my best friends, and I can't imagine NOT having this forum for laughter/venting/support.

*******************************************************************************************

• I'm irritated that I have yet made a tutu for Earl.  I keep picturing him a bright green tutu dancing his way across the room, well more like walking in reality I guess but in my head dancing.

Also irritated at life for making it harder for Bri and Liv.  You two deserve some up swings and I hope you ladies get it. 
  • lovelyheatherlovelyheather member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Liv - I like dress #1.  It looks great on you!  I wouldn't judge you at all for wearing that to a wedding and I tend to be pretty judgy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:80cd7d22-cd1b-457a-810a-e75be7c5cf5a">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that I have yet made a tutu for Earl. <strong> I keep picturing him a bright green tutu dancing his way across the room</strong>, well more like walking in reality I guess but in my head dancing. Also irritated at life for making it harder for Bri and Liv.  You two deserve some up swings and I hope you ladies get it. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Earl IS a ballerina, everyone knows that.

Also, thank you, my dear. <3 you.

PS Trader Joe's opened today!!

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:153b68ae-4d16-4dbd-905e-8af6fbfaee01">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations : Earl IS a ballerina, everyone knows that. Also, thank you, my dear. <3 you. PS Trader Joe's opened today!!
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh olive oil and herb popcorn!!!!!  Trader Joes fruit flos! So much wine! Trader Joe's has this triple cream brie cheese, I'm dying!!!!  I need to get on that for you.  Lyn's list of must haves, too bad I can't just shop for you.
  • Trader Joe's is awesome period, there is so much good food and wine in there.  I love their pita chips and their veggie nuggets, and the vegetarian pad thai.  I could go on and on but I won't.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:198cf4d2-7475-461a-b4f2-664c00147a07">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations : STOP IT RIGHT NOW. I will NOT let you feel this way. Do I sometimes feel silly/left out/sad that I am not involved in relationship and/or wedding talk? Absolutely. But some of you ladies have become my best friends, and I can't imagine NOT having this forum for laughter/venting/support.

<3  I lurve you too!  I'm forcing myself to just get over it because I do love coming here and participating in the support/hilariousness of this board.  Thank you for reminding me :)

• I'm irritated that I've been trying to lose weight since January and I've been fluctuating between the same 2-3 lbs either way.  why can't I just grow up and do this?

I'm irritated because I have cramps and a massive sinus headache that makes even blinking hurt.

I'm irritated that I just ate lunch and I still feel like I want to eat, but I'm not hungry.

I'm irritated with the clothes I picked out (not really, just grabbed) and wore today.  I feel like I look ridiculous.

I'm irritated that I have 4 more hours of doing nothing until I can get off of work and get outta here.

Liv - I think both dresses look lovely...  and you do have a beautiful figure.  you really do. 

also, H didn't like dogs (he never said "absolutely NO", but he expressed his fear and dislike of them).  I had Bella before we got together, so she was part of the package.  thankfully, he loves dogs now... even my dad's bird dogs.  I'm so sad that Mo isn't a dog lover, because they are such a great addition to the family.  however, I'm pretty jealous of your little hedgie...  cutest pet in the world.  besides my little Bella-bug, of course.

• I'm irritated at my entire family, and my father's expectation that I should know where everyone is at every moment of every day.  Yes, I'm living here, but I'm keeping to myself.

I'm irritated that every time I leave the room because someone is eating obnoxiously, I get yelled at.

I'm irritated that I feel like I'm never going to find a job, and I'm going to end up exactly like my ex - 28 and still living with my parents waiting tables.

I am irrationally irritated that M is on vacation and I'm stuck here.  I know it shouldn't bug me, but he's having a ton of fun across the pond, and heading to Greece on Monday, and I'm sitting at my parents' house, applying for jobs and feeling sorry for myself.  It sucks.
    I french with my man
  • I'm irritated that the last 9 years of my life have been wasted on two consecutive relationships that have crashed and burned. Have I learned something about myself? Sure, lots of things, but I just want to find my forever.

The current situation with BF, ex-BF, roommate or whatever the eff we are now is weighing heavy on my heart and it sucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:dfafc49c-4330-46d1-ba1b-8b0c0011643d">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that the last 9 years of my life have been wasted on two consecutive relationships that have crashed and burned. Have I learned something about myself? Sure, lots of things, but I just want to find my forever. The current situation with BF, ex-BF, roommate or whatever the eff we are now is weighing heavy on my heart and it sucks.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

Hugs. You have lots of support, I promise.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a28c8d3-a45d-4784-86e7-268f89b88e9ePost:833c3259-95d0-4736-9ecf-157bb89e9b57">Re: Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations : Hugs. You have lots of support, I promise.

Thanks, Bri. You have no clue how much that means right now! <3
  • My office door is open and I can hear my coworker crunching on chips it sounds so loud and obnoxious.  I hate when people eat with poor manners... I sympathize Pee k

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards