African American Weddings

***YASJAS2011****

Happy B-day for yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had tons of fun.

Also, I guess all 4 of us (you, your Fi, my Fi, & myself) can make a super nerds club (Engineering) LOL

What field are you doing your PhD in? What about your fi?

Re: ***YASJAS2011****

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Mypas! I had the best time on my B.Day!

You two are in Engineering also? I am working on a PhD in Electrical Engineering and my honey is getting is B.S in Electrical as well. What are your fields?
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW. We both had a BS in Electrical and Computer engineering as well. He went on into more software and I did graduate studies in controls systems and then focused on Intelligent systems.

I know there are not too many girls in the field and most don't go to grad school so i always love seing EE girls and love it even more when they go further in their studies.
    What's your thesis on? Which area of EE are you focusing on? When are you done?

PS: Glad you had a blast at you B-Day!!!!!!!!11
  • edited December 2011

WOW INDEED!! That is pretty awesome. My research is on Controls and Communications. No it is not that many of us women in the field and it is just so great to see another Engineering Couple. Software Engineering is a very great field right now. I wish I would have gone into it.

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I think Controls or communications is great. You can't go wrong either way you decide after you are done.

The telecom industry will continue to grow. You just have to put yourself in the middle of it and you can help steer it the "right" way and help with the different innovations. The possibilities of what you can do there are endless if that's what you like to do.

Same with Controls. It's just one of those things you can use in any engineering jobs so you will never be out of work.

I wish you the best. If you need help with anything, let me know cause I walked in your shoes before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards