Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Where to shop for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses?

Hey girls! I am looking for a great store for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses in the Grand Rapids area (other than David's Bridal). THANKS!

Re: Where to shop for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses?

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Elegance in Cascade for my wedding dress.  We purchased the BM dresses through JCrew online. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress at Fantastic Finds in Lansing.  I was so happy with their service.  We went to David's and Becker's and FF definitely had the best service.  If you go here and decide to buy a dress there, I have $25 off coupons.  PM me if you want one and I'll mail it to you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are all the places I went and what I thought about them:
    Becker's Bridal in Fowler - beautiful building and TONS of dresses (the most I saw in any one location). The staff was mostly helpful but I would suggest an appointment since they seemed to be under-staffed when I was there without an appt. Overall, I would have bought my dress here if I hadn't already purchased it.

Bridal Lane in Dorr - cute shop and wonderful staff, not a lot of dress choises though, They did seem to have pretty competitive prices so worth checking out but I would call first if you're looking for a specific dress or designer.

Kim Kriner's in GR - overwhelming! The staff is curtious but not very helpful. The dresses are packed so tight it's hard to find anything. Prices seemed pretty reasonable. My friend got married summer 2009 and my bridesmaid dress was ordered through there. One of the older ladies there took my measurements and they seemed large so I called back and opted for a size smaller and I'm so glad I did - another spent $150 at another boutique to have her dress completely rebuilt bc they ordered her's like 5 sizes too big. Overall, wouldn't recommend buying from them.

Bella Sposa on Plainfield - they were kind of middle of the road with dress options, prices and helpfulness of staff. Not much else to say.

Bridal Elegance in Cascade - ordered the my bridesmaids dresses from here. They don't have a huge selection but I liked that since it wasn't overwhelming. Their prices are pretty reasonable and they offer tons of discounts that can be applied together and can really add up. Their staff is very helpful and kind. I had one pregnant bridesmaid that had her dress altered the week of the wedding with no problem. I bought my dress elsewhere but realized two weeks before my wedding that the privacy panel needed to be moved and the bustles that had been put in were too complicated and some where ripped out. With alterations, moving the panel and steaming the week of my wedding, it only came to $120!

Davids Bridal on 28th and the E. Beltline - fun place to visit to get an idea of what style you might be looking for but the staff is NOT friendly (with the exception of a few) and I really didn't like many of their dresses. I ended up realized after shopping around that they just rip off other designers and do it cheaper - which shows in the construction.

Bridal Gallery on 44th St. - tons of wedding gowns with good pricing. If you're looking for a designer gown at a lower price, I would check this place out. The staff is friendly but not overly helpful - they kind of left my friend and I on our own. We didn't mind though, it was fun doing our own thing without someone looking over our shoulder.

HTH! It's all just my own opinion and what I found when dress shopping :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Fantastic Finds in Lansing. Its worth the trip even just for the experience. its nothing like Davids, or even Beckers. It is ALL ABOUT YOU there!
  • Options
    melissa826melissa826 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Cutlerville Bridal.  When I went, she had a good selection of dresses at excellent prices.  She is currently going out of business, so I would call first to make sure she still has dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Memories Bridal & Evening Wear in Kalamazoo.  Well worth the drive.  It was PERFECT!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards